TEAM SHELBY FORUM

15 miles from home.

pythonman

Mt car is setting in port newark about 15 miles from home for about a week now!!! Major frustration. they cant tell me when the shipping company will get around to loading it on a carrier and get it to my dealer. It's going to be a LOOOOOOOONG weekend. :banghead::banghead:

Mt car is setting in port newark about 15 miles from home for about a week now!!! Major frustration. they cant tell me when the shipping company will get around to loading it on a carrier and get it to my dealer. It's going to be a LOOOOOOOONG weekend. :banghead::banghead:

I got my dealer to take me to the rail yard (30 miles away) to pick it up myself. All you can do is ask :superhero:

I got my dealer to take me to the rail yard (30 miles away) to pick it up myself. All you can do is ask :superhero:

What the heck, I will give it a try.

I picked up my 2000 GT at the rail head with the dealer. All the dealer did was call ahead, we jumped in their bosses car and we drove 30 miles to pick it up. I thought it was great because I drove it back to the dealer with all the protectors and all the papers and build sheets inside the car that the dealer would normally through away.

I picked up my 2000 GT at the rail head with the dealer. All the dealer did was call ahead, we jumped in their bosses car and we drove 30 miles to pick it up. I thought it was great because I drove it back to the dealer with all the protectors and all the papers and build sheets inside the car that the dealer would normally through away.

I talked to him yesterday after I posted and he seemed very upset at the carrier company [ I am paying 5k over] because he said it was marked hot and he got two deliverys yesterday and mine wasnt on them. he said [without me asking] that if he doesnt get it by 10am Monday he is going to get it himself. You start thinking did someone want it at the carrier company for the weekend? how many miles should be normal? Under 20 would be my guess?

It probably is looking like this right now .. begging to be put with its new owner !!!! :happy feet:

post-7556-1190474128_thumb.jpg

post-7556-1190474128_thumb.jpg

ps ..... for those who have waited and eternity to see the first glimpse of there new ShelbyGT500 .... I recall my first moment .. the picture above .. Got permission from our dealer and the zone rep from ford to pick my car up at the truck depot.

Recall being dropped off .. signing alot of papers ... to remove liability from the trucking company that they released the car to me. Than a guy took me to the back and we hopped on a golf cart and started to sway back and forth between the endless sea of cars .... until the driver took me down the row that my car was parked at ... and this was my first view of my shelby.

The feeling that i had was incredible .. 5 mths of waiting .... wanting .... lusting .... finally arrived .... the happiness ... enthusiasm ... the good feeling inside ... man like holding your first born child.

Your car will be there soon ... so enjoy !~!

..making me think back on that special day, picking it up at the kc rail mixing center

they wouldn't let us go into the parking areas, we had to wait for them to bring it up to the security shack

small_CIMG0347.jpg

30 mile drive back to the dealership; had to stop with all the wrap on the car to get some bp 92 octane. Attracted a whole lot of attention there and going down the road. Also had to find and install the antenna. :hysterical: A souped up older mustang tried to pick a race with me only 100 yards or so outside of the entrance to the mixing center, wrapped up car and all.

small_CIMG0347.jpg

pythonman,

I feel your pain, been waiting for a long long time myself. Don't thik I'd be able to sleep knowing that my GT500 was that close yet that far!!! I really hope you get it 1st thing Monday morning!!! And don't forget the pic's!!! We all want to see the pic's!!! LOL

Mike

pythonman,

I feel your pain, been waiting for a long long time myself. Don't thik I'd be able to sleep knowing that my GT500 was that close yet that far!!! I really hope you get it 1st thing Monday morning!!! And don't forget the pic's!!! We all want to see the pic's!!! LOL

Mike

Thanks to all, misery loves company and hearing the stories helps one realize how great getting it will be. waiting is just part of the experiance!

Archived