TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Seatbelt Fix...

brbeardmGT500

On my 2000 Vert. they used a nice plastic piece that bolted under the headrest and kept the belt next to your shoulder. For you 2007 Vert owners is there such a gismo today?

The fixed position of the shoulder belt also cuts into my neck. I've got to find someway to get around that.

On my 2000 Vert. they used a nice plastic piece that bolted under the headrest and kept the belt next to your shoulder. For you 2007 Vert owners is there such a gismo today?

The fixed position of the shoulder belt also cuts into my neck. I've got to find someway to get around that.

Wonder if we could order that part and make it work on the '07? I too had a 2000 GT vert and it was a better set up.

You guys are all such freaking pansies.

A real man with a seatbelt problem just staple guns the harness to their collar bone then takes the staple out when they get to their destination. Rinse, and repeat as needed.

Stop being a bunch of Mary's and use a cheap manly solution such as this.

-DC

:hysterical2:

Thanks for the lesson DC!

:hysterical2:

A real man with a seatbelt problem just staple guns the harness to their collar bone then takes the staple out when they get to their destination. Rinse, and repeat as needed.

-DC

thats how I keep my belt in place :hysterical2:

-DC

Now, why waste some perfectly good staples when you can use duct tape instead.

I have another option...I installed a Schroth four-point harness that bolts to the factory seatbelt mounts in the front seat and rear seat behind the driver. It has a quick release to the rear seatbelt in case you need to use that seat, and then you just use your factory belt (both the harness and the stock seat belt can remain installed at the same time). This also keeps me from sliding in the seat since they did away with the suede insert in the seat. :shift:

The link to Schroth is http://www.schrothracing.com/

Anyone done anything with their seatbelt. 1. It's and acrobatic act to reach back and grab it when I'm in the drivers seat and it rides up around my neck when I have it buckled... wondering if anyone has put a tether on the seatback to hold the belt in place... any pics?

I admit this bugged me when I first got the car since I was used to the clip on the headrest to hold the belt. Now I don't even think about it. When I sit down in the seat, I just put my left hand between the door sill and left side of the seat, then rotate my arm from the shoulder back and up to grab the buckle. I don't twist my body at all or try to use the right hand. Works every time. I'm 5-9 / 165.

Anyone done anything with their seatbelt. 1. It's and acrobatic act to reach back and grab it when I'm in the drivers seat and it rides up around my neck when I have it buckled... wondering if anyone has put a tether on the seatback to hold the belt in place... any pics?

Not sure if this is your problem but there is a strap with a metal snap on the side of the bottom of the seat that you loop the belt through and that keeps it within easy reach. My 06 GT has the loop with a magnet. The snap works much better. Hope this helps.

Archived