TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Question about the New version of 68 Shelby wide taillight.

EXPcustom

I have seen some pics around of a newer GT500 with the wide modern version of the Cougar taillight that they used on the older Shelbies.

Some people said it will be on the 09 GT500 other said it was a prototype only and wont happen.

So does anyone have more pics or know the story?

I hope this is in the right forum...

I have seen some pics around of a newer GT500 with the wide modern version of the Cougar taillight that they used on the older Shelbies.

Some people said it will be on the 09 GT500 other said it was a prototype only and wont happen.

So does anyone have more pics or know the story?

I hope this is in the right forum...

Expy - can you post the pics? I'd like to see that!

Here is the last place I remeber seeing a pic, first post in the link...

http://www.stangsunleashed.com/forums/inde...showtopic=10930

I remember a few others but that is why I am asking about what the deal is with these taillights since I dont know?

That's a very old photoshop pic someone did back in early 06 or late 05. I remember seeing it when everyone was speculating on what the Shelby would or should look like.

I doubt it will ever be a reality. Does look cool though!

Here is the last place I remeber seeing a pic, first post in the link...

http://www.stangsunleashed.com/forums/inde...showtopic=10930

I remember a few others but that is why I am asking about what the deal is with these taillights since I dont know?

That is not a prototype, and again with the 09? Nothing official or even leaning towards an 09 thus far, that I am aware of!

That is not a prototype, and again with the 09? Nothing official or even leaning towards an 09 thus far, that I am aware of!

I spoke with an engineer from ford last week face to face and i inquired about if there would be an 09 run. From what he told me... the GT500 is now part of the ford lineup of cars and ford will continue to make the car into 2009 and beyond.

I spoke with an engineer from ford last week face to face and i inquired about if there would be an 09 run. From what he told me... the GT500 is now part of the ford lineup of cars and ford will continue to make the car into 2009 and beyond.

That kind of sucks I was hoping for an 09 but not indefinatley past 09, I guess that really kills our resale value.

That really sucks! I love that Ford brought the car back, but leave it as a limited year production. Today's engineers need to come up with something new. NAME AND LOOK wise. Like I said, bring back SOME of the Legends but not as part of the lineup. Use it to bring attention to the company but then hit them with something NEW and DIFFERENT. I think they should run the Shelby as many years as they did in the 60s. Bring back the BOSS for as many years as they did in the 60s and 70s but then come up with something new! Different NAME, LOOK, POWER! Shelby can still have vehicles with Ford, but not the GT500 or GT. Shelby has great ideas. Come up with another snake name and look. Ford can, I am sure if they TRIED, come up with something else other than BOSS, after it has had its few year runs. Someone should really talk to someone HIGH UP THE CORP ladder and have them look at this forum. Look at the excitement they spark when something NEW and better is coming out. Have them look at how the huge BUZZ does eventually come to an end but then is revived with something NEW. The mustand is too cool of a car to be limited in its variants. Dont have 10 models per year, but every few switch it up to something else. And keep the legends as LEGENDS M2C

Alex

I'm not worried yet, it seems to me that alot of Ford employees say things they think to be fact but really don't know. I think the market for $45,000-$50,000 mustang is relatively small regardless of what badge is on it.

A Ford engineer is hardly an authority on what Ford will produce! I will stick with the knows and leave the rumors until someone credible comes forward. Trust if all these so called people know of an 09, it would be published by now.

I hope its not the case. To me this would dilute the value of the Shelby name. If it becomes just another regular version, Ford may benefit short term, but will loose in the long run. Once you loose the equity that you have in a brand, its tough to recapture. If I was in charge of marketing at Ford, I would rotate special edition models, never keeping one more than a couple of years. They have many to choose from anyway: Shelby, Boss, Mach 1 and Bullitt. Sticking with the Shelby too long is not a good idea IMHO.

I hope its not the case. To me this would dilute the value of the Shelby name. If it becomes just another regular version, Ford may benefit short term, but will loose in the long run. Once you loose the equity that you have in a brand, its tough to recapture. If I was in charge of marketing at Ford, I would rotate special edition models, never keeping one more than a couple of years. They have many to choose from anyway: Shelby, Boss, Mach 1 and Bullitt. Sticking with the Shelby too long is not a good idea IMHO.

I agree with you but I'm afraid that it will indeed be the case. I know that they have been working on and testing the powertrain and suspension for the 2010 version GT500. It looks as though SAI and FMCO might have a long term deal either in the making or already done.

I do think keeping the GT500 indefinatly will dilute the Brand and the value ....IMHO especially if they keep making over 10,000 a year.

A Ford engineer is hardly an authority on what Ford will produce! I will stick with the knows and leave the rumors until someone credible comes forward. Trust if all these so called people know of an 09, it would be published by now.

While i too hope it isnt true, for id like the car to be more rare... he was hardly a *lowley engineer* as it sounds like you think he might be. His statement was hardly *rumor* or his *speculation.* Does this mean that the 09 is definatley coming... i dont know. His exat words were something to the tune of *As of now there will be an 09.* Ofcourse that *as of now* could mean anything... But he was hardly the knowledgeless (is that even a word? :hysterical: ) engineer you make him out to be.

+1000 Id perfer to see them rotate the cars if you will, especially since they have alot of versions to choose from. But then again all those people out there still looking for their gt500 would disagree, which is probably what ford looking at when it comes to its decision.

Archived