TEAM SHELBY FORUM

shaker 500 or shaker 1000

BLOWN

We ordered the shaker 500 sound system. We are in are early 50s. We do not need the sound really loud but was wondering for resale value later if the shaker 1000 would be better? Thanks for you time and input.

We ordered the shaker 500 sound system. We are in are early 50s. We do not need the sound really loud but was wondering for resale value later if the shaker 1000 would be better? Thanks for you time and input.

IMO the Shaker 1000 will not impact the resale value. The 1000 is really a big boom box and the younger crowd that might want that know how to install a better aftermarket unit. I would recommend the NAV unit. It gives a multitude of controls for the sound system, NAV unit and Sirius radio which displays the song title and artist. The touch screen NAV is a very fun unit and the turn by turn directions is wonderful.

Disagree totally. If it is a vert the 1000 is almost a must. Big difference in the 500 to 1000, more power, better and more speakers! As for value, depends on now and then. IMO, if I was to challenge it with anyone, the stock car with a 1000 will hold more value and the NAV represents more possible problems - How many people will need NAV for a pleasure car? In 10 years or less, the 1000 will still be a great audio system, the NAV will have been upgraded and revamped dozens to times. I bought mine to keep, stock and I think you money is better spend to tried and trusted options rather than something like NAV. For a couple hundred bucks you can buy a nav system and plug it in, if needed. Just my 02.

Disagree totally. If it is a vert the 1000 is almost a must. Big difference in the 500 to 1000, more power, better and more speakers! As for value, depends on now and then. IMO, if I was to challenge it with anyone, the stock car with a 1000 will hold more value and the NAV represents more possible problems - How many people will need NAV for a pleasure car? In 10 years or less, the 1000 will still be a great audio system, the NAV will have been upgraded and revamped dozens to times. I bought mine to keep, stock and I think you money is better spend to tried and trusted options rather than something like NAV. For a couple hundred bucks you can buy a nav system and plug it in, if needed. Just my 02.

IF you really wanted to get technical, ten years is the sound quality life of a factory speaker. By that time, you'd be getting ready to replace them, if you wanted to keep a good sounding stereo

Archived