Who wants an SS hood

2006GT500

Trying to get a count  

68 members have voted

1. 1. Who would buy one from Trufiber

• I would buy one from Trufiber
    • I only want a Shelby product
    • Only make it available to SS owners

Trufiber is making a KR hood and myself and another member have both contacted them about making the SS hood. I'm trying to see how many would buy it from Trufiber given they can make an exact duplicate of the SS hood. Their KR hood looks amazing...I'm just simply not interested in that hood. So lets take a vote.

Trufiber is making a KR hood and myself and another member have both contacted them about making the SS hood. I'm trying to see how many would buy it from Trufiber given they can make an exact duplicate of the SS hood. Their KR hood looks amazing...I'm just simply not interested in that hood. So lets take a vote.

Good and fair poll.....

Good luck!!

The advantage here must be the cheaper price. The Shelby Autos hood should go for less than $1800.

I think if you are going to go aftermarket the KR hood would be the one to duplicate, since it will only be made available on those models.

I would think that if the hood is an 'exact duplicate' they could get into trouble...just a thought.

Also, in keeping with a 'real' Shelby product (ie: the hood) I would think that you would not de-value your Shelby. Typically, when a car is modded, the value can go down by as much as it costs to put it back to original. So, while you may save a few $$$ now, you may actually lose more by installing a 'non-Shelby' Shelby-style hood.

An additional point to consider is this:

Has it been tunnel tested?

Will it hold up under high (air) pressure?

If it fails, will they stand behind their product as Shelby will?

Since this car is $50k plus, I would rather spend a few extra dollars knowing that the value of the car is protected, it's been thoroughly tested, and that they stand behind the product.

So, to me....IF SA offers the SS hood, it would be money well spent...

I'll shut up now...

If my car is to have an SS hood I would want the 725hp along with it. I don't like messing with the body of any car I own unless it's the real thing. JMHO. You'd never see me build a clone either. No disrespect to anyone with a clone. Hell, I have a hard time wearing a t-shirt if I don't own what's on the shirt. :) but that's just me.

If my car is to have an SS hood I would want the 725hp along with it. I don't like messing with the body of any car I own unless it's the real thing. JMHO. You'd never see me build a clone either. No disrespect to anyone with a clone. Hell, I have a hard time wearing a t-shirt if I don't own what's on the shirt. :) but that's just me.

kaylan,

I'm almost there with you on the t-shirt thing etc. That's why I didn't buy any Bill Elliot stuff after he sold to Ray! However....

The SS hood is so much closer to the '67 hoods than what we've got. That's what is attractive to me. My car will perform as well as or better than the SS, so I'm not really concerned about the clone issue (wouldn't change the rest of my stripes anyway). I chose to mod my own car instead of going with the SS because I wanted a much more aggressive suspension. I don't want to try to look like an SS, just like the hood way better than OE.

As for the knock-off's; I've seen several already, and the small (& a few large) details just aren't as well refined as the SAI hood (and the KR is a tad more aesthetically refined than the SS, imo). And that's just what I can see. What about what I can't see? One of the aftermarket (SS-knock-off) hoods I saw mixed the ram air flow with the extractor flow! Don't want to find that out AFTER I've paid for it. Nor would I want to discover that it is not structurally sufficient for 140mph+ runs during one!

SAI has repeatedly said the hood would be available to the rest of us. I think they should honor that.

+1

I couldn't agree more!

I love the SS look so I'm getting it....

I do understand where the others are coming from but keeping the integrity of a high priced mod is important to me.... just my 2 cents.

+1

I couldn't agree more!

I love the SS look so I'm getting it....

I do understand where the others are coming from but keeping the integrity of a high priced mod is important to me.... just my 2 cents.

When I'm finished, my mod's will be just as costly......But more race-bred/pure track.... That's INTEGRITY for a Shelby in my book.

my 2 cents.

(the SS is a big step up from factory, just not far enough for me.)

When I'm finished, my mod's will be just as costly......But more race-bred/pure track.... That's INTEGRITY for a Shelby in my book.

my 2 cents.

(the SS is a big step up from factory, just not far enough for me.)

Wow. I have been in a 605HP SS, and all I can say is HOLY :censored: !!! :headspin:

725HP, IMO, would be absolutely as sick as you would get..........but who knows??? Traction will be a big issue after that. You may need to put in a roll cage to keep the chassis integrity. Keep us posted! ;)

Test fit pics of the KR hood by trufiber

From the pictures it looks like a pretty close match.

What is trufiber using as a pattern for this hood?

I have a collection of pictures of the KR hood and was comparing them to the trufiber hood and it looks pretty close.

I was just wondering how exact of a match it is.

Do you have any pictures of the underside?

Alan

Mastermech1 this is not my car this is Trufibers car. They are still in the process of refining the hood. The edges won't be rough on the final product. As I get updates I will do my best to keep everyone here updated. They are going to make sure that this hood is dead on. If they release pics of the hood painted I will post them immediately. I just wish they'd make an SS hood.

Mastermech1 this is not my car this is Trufibers car. They are still in the process of refining the hood. The edges won't be rough on the final product. As I get updates I will do my best to keep everyone here updated. They are going to make sure that this hood is dead on. If they release pics of the hood painted I will post them immediately. I just wish they'd make an SS hood.

You should have two other possible choices (1) I don't want a SS hood, (2) I want their KR hood with the twist type hood pins....as long as the weight isn't too much of a factor for performance.

+1. Even though my preference goes to the KR hood, SS hood and standard hood in that particular order, I will keep my standard hood. I don't really feel comfortable making my car look like something it isn't. Obviously the ideal thing would have been for Ford to come up with the KR hood in the first place.

+1. Even though my preference goes to the KR hood, SS hood and standard hood in that particular order, I will keep my standard hood. I don't really feel comfortable making my car look like something it isn't. Obviously the ideal thing would have been for Ford to come up with the KR hood in the first place.

Thats what I'm going to do too ....plus the stock hood is much lighter than any fiberglass hood. I have come to really like the OEM hood anyway.

Archived