TEAM SHELBY FORUM

GT500KR: Horsepower Change?

robertlane

Did anyone notice the rear spoiler?

It looks to be different then ours? go to the photos & look at the big clear picture of the rear side shot w/carroll & you will see that the rear spoiler on the ends looks to have about an 8" Sq. recess on the top side (ends) & looks to be flatter then ours when you look at the side speed shots.

PS: I seen Amy in the background talking to someone important :hysterical:

Did anyone notice the rear spoiler?

It looks to be different then ours? go to the photos & look at the big clear picture of the rear side shot w/carroll & you will see that the rear spoiler on the ends looks to have about an 8" Sq. recess on the top side (ends) & looks to be flatter then ours when you look at the side speed shots.

PS: I seen Amy in the background talking to someone important :hysterical:

I noticed that also when I first saw those pics. I'm a bit surprised about that change. The current GT500 rear spoiler looks better as far as I am concerned. I hope this does not make it into production.

Also, what's with the Tungsten with black striped one next to it? It's got the V6 spoiler but with S H E L B Y across the middle of the trunk?! GT350? New Shelby GT color scheme? :huh:

I believe that is the new vapor and black 08 paint scheme. The tag looks like a personal tag. Could be someone elses car. The SHELBY letters are not the GT500 version though.

The chin spoiler looks different as well. It is covered up but if you look at the sides where it attaches to the fender it looks spread out more and does not have the piece that goes up into the wheel well where it is attached to the car on the 07 production version.

Also, what's with the Tungsten with black striped one next to it? It's got the V6 spoiler but with S H E L B Y across the middle of the trunk?! GT350? New Shelby GT color scheme? :huh:

It's a new 2008 color called Vapor. I don't think the GT500KR ones will have black stripes with Vapor, rather blue like the show cars have.

Isn't it a bit late to be working on prototypes of an 08 when production is already happening and cars have already been delivered? Seems like someone is a bit behind on development to me.

2008 GT500KR production has not started yet - I believe I heard Spring of 2008 is when production will begin.

Vapor isn't that dark. Being a Tungsten owner...I'm pretty sure that's a Tungsten car. Besides they could have just had a GT500 laying around in Tungsten and used it as a mule.

I've seen it driving around and I am sure that it's Vapor. . .unless there are two of them around.

2008 GT500KR production has not started yet - I believe I heard Spring of 2008 is when production will begin.

GT500KR production was initially set for production in December or January. Not sure if this has changed.

Archived