TEAM SHELBY FORUM

I GOT IT, and my baby is home and in the garage!

SLB8SNK

Well the wait is over and was well worth it. :happy feet: I drove 400 miles round trip to get her today! The 200 there was a loooong drive.. :banghead: ... hurry up already.... then while there, it was a mad rush, paperwork, and the drive back home (had to jump on it to beat rush hour) :finger: . The 200 miles home was amazing.... what a car, was a drive, what speed!!! :dreamy: I got it home, pulled in the garage, and stared at it for about an hour. Dealer did a great job... left the inside as delivered (all plastic intact) washed the outside (no wax), and did not even drive it. Had 5 miles on it. I drive down the street, filled it up (dealer cash) and drove straight home. I was in such a hurry, I forget the second set of keys!!!! :redcard: Oh well I am sure they can send with my plate.

Got a stupid question, I asked them not to screw in the back plate screws, and now I have a bag with four screws.... do you have to pre-drill? or are they self tapping? How do I install them?

Ok so I know the rules, I will post pic's tomorrow as it was a long day and I did not have the energy, but will tomorrow when I can get a better look at her in the sun light!

Thanks to all you guys for the help, kind words, and information you gave me. It has been great and I look forward to years of posting!!!! And driving this fine car.... now I have to go soak the smile off my face before it cracks!!!! :hysterical2:

CONGRATS!!!

:party2: :party2: :party2:

Now go get us a couple of quick pics anyway! Then you can post more tomorrow. :happy feet:

The black screws from Ford are not self tapping. There should be 4 tiny dimple marks where the screws go. A quick zip, zip, zip, zip with the drill and you are good to go!

Now get us some pics! WE WANT PICS! WE WANT PICS! :happy feet:

CONGRATS!!!

Now go get us a couple of quick pics anyway! Then you can post more tomorrow. :happy feet:

The black screws from Ford are not self tapping. There should be 4 tiny dimple marks where the screws go. A quick zip, zip, zip, zip with the drill and you are good to go!

Congrats Dan.. Look forward to hearing a very detailed description of your driving experience and thoughts

about the car while bringing her home.

OH AND BTW YOU HAVE ALREADY VIOLATED "THE RULE" BY POSTING YOUR ARRIVAL WITHOUT PICS. :hysterical2::hysterical2:

PICS PICS PICS.. WE NEED PICS

YOUR CAR IS REALLY NOT THERE UNTIL WE SEE PICS :hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:

Congrats Dan,

What a feeling it must be.

You beat me in getting the car as I ordered the same day. Also black with alloy so I am reaaly interested to see the pics and get your commentary on the color combo.

Way to go buddy!!!!!!!!

I hope you have a few good weeks to drive her still where you are??

Caution,,, dumb look on face for some while!!!

Pics tomorrow eh?

Mike from Canada

CONGRATS!!!

OK OK OK, Just woke up. First step is to go find car soap then decide on the long list of wax or polish? Then pictures today for sure.

As for the plate, yes there are four tiny dimples, and I got the black screws. Are yo saying I just need to drill through the platic and the there is already metal threads behind it? Or do I have to drill a same size hole all the way through and thread the screws in?

OK OK OK, Just woke up. First step is to go find car soap then decide on the long list of wax or polish? Then pictures today for sure.

As for the plate, yes there are four tiny dimples, and I got the black screws. Are yo saying I just need to drill through the platic and the there is already metal threads behind it? Or do I have to drill a same size hole all the way through and thread the screws in?

There are threads behind the dimples....drill carefully. Actually I think you could use a much smaller drill bit than the size of the screw, such that as you put the screw in it is "held" by the plastic slightly. It's easy...you'll be fine. Remember that drill bits don't cut on the side, only the tip, so you'd have to be pretty aggressive with the drill to mess up the threads.

There are threads behind the dimples....drill carefully. Actually I think you could use a much smaller drill bit than the size of the screw, such that as you put the screw in it is "held" by the plastic slightly. It's easy...you'll be fine. Remember that drill bits don't cut on the side, only the tip, so you'd have to be pretty aggressive with the drill to mess up the threads.

Dave, that is what I thought, that there was mounting threads behind in the metal and all that you had to do with the drill was get past the plastic bumper! Thanks... all I need was some reassurance before I did damage... you know what they say, check twice, do once!

Well the wait is over and was well worth it. :happy feet: I drove 400 miles round trip to get her today! The 200 there was a loooong drive.. :banghead: ... hurry up already.... then while there, it was a mad rush, paperwork, and the drive back home (had to jump on it to beat rush hour) :finger: . The 200 miles home was amazing.... what a car, was a drive, what speed!!! :dreamy: I got it home, pulled in the garage, and stared at it for about an hour. Dealer did a great job... left the inside as delivered (all plastic intact) washed the outside (no wax), and did not even drive it. Had 5 miles on it. I drive down the street, filled it up (dealer cash) and drove straight home. I was in such a hurry, I forget the second set of keys!!!! :redcard: Oh well I am sure they can send with my plate.

Got a stupid question, I asked them not to screw in the back plate screws, and now I have a bag with four screws.... do you have to pre-drill? or are they self tapping? How do I install them?

Ok so I know the rules, I will post pic's tomorrow as it was a long day and I did not have the energy, but will tomorrow when I can get a better look at her in the sun light!

Thanks to all you guys for the help, kind words, and information you gave me. It has been great and I look forward to years of posting!!!! And driving this fine car.... now I have to go soak the smile off my face before it cracks!!!! :hysterical2:

OK Dan, it is tomorrow. Lets see some pictures!!!!!!!

HSURB

Dan

Daves idea is good. At the dealership we just take a screw gun and carefully screw them in. I think the screws are self tapping.. u just need the screws themselves

Congratulations on the car. Real happy for you dan .. and your right .. you do know the rules ...

WE NEED PICTURES !!!!

...I'm still waiting on feedback on the new car :waiting:

In the mean time here is some additional information on the 2007 Ford Shelby GT500:

Link -> http://www.stangsunleashed.com/docs/gt500.features.0306.pdf

...so, here is where the old thread has gone!

Great looking car & beautiful shine on the black paint. Congratulations and enjoy the driving.

Check the link I listed above for additional information on your new car (not included in the owner's manual).

As promised a few more, top up and down. You can get a better idea of the Alloy on Ebony.

I need to wash and wax or polish yet. Having a dilemma as to what I should do, wax or polish, and then what overall product I want to use. I went to the auto parts store and to many options, decided to come home and look at consumer reports. I seen the Turtle Wax products, the liquid clay bar, then the polish, that seems cool. My brother in law has a Ferrari and uses the Maguires NTX ? Anyways, that is the dilemma of the day and I do not want to wash until I decide so I can do it all at once!

Any opinions (yea I know we have been here 100 times) but I am lazy, not looking to spend hours, just want a nice clean shine and something that will last, more so because I got black!

Enjoy!

100_2038.jpg

100_2037.jpg

100_2036.jpg

100_2035.jpg

100_2034.jpg

100_2033.jpg

100_2032.jpg

100_2031.jpg

100_2030.jpg

Very nice photos of your new ride Dan. She looks sweet. I use the ice by TW on mine.

Could you take a look at your rear axel and tell me how much rust is under the car. I just had to take care of all the rust under my car. :banghead: this is my rust thread:

http://www.stangsunleashed.com/forums/inde...c=11229&hl=

Very nice photos of your new ride Dan. She looks sweet. I use the ice by TW on mine.

Could you take a look at your rear axel and tell me how much rust is under the car. I just had to take care of all the rust under my car. :banghead: this is my rust thread:

http://www.stangsunleashed.com/forums/inde...c=11229&hl=

First things first, no rust at all! I have the start (discolored) at the very ends, whatever that large peice of metal is hanging off the ends of the axle, near the rotor, but no rust! That is a good thing and maybe just becasue they made them faster?

On to the ice, I seen the ice at the store, they have a liquid clay bar, then ice in liquid or paste. Did you use the clay bar first, and do you think the paste is better to use on black?

First things first, no rust at all! I have the start (discolored) at the very ends, whatever that large peice of metal is hanging off the ends of the axle, near the rotor, but no rust! That is a good thing and maybe just becasue they made them faster?

On to the ice, I seen the ice at the store, they have a liquid clay bar, then ice in liquid or paste. Did you use the clay bar first, and do you think the paste is better to use on black?

Don't use the liquid clay bar. You will make a mess in all the cracks and it will be tough to get out.

I used the Mothers claybar system.

Congrats on your black beauty! Thats a great stealth look. I also have a black car and used Zaino Z-5 with ZFX followed with 2 coats of Z-2 with ZFX. ZFX is an additive that makes it dry faster. Between each coat a wipe down with Z-7 detailer. It shines like a diamond but for ease of use and cost its not great. It will take multiple coats to get a uniform shine with Zaino. Also, I was not happy with Zaino all in one paint cleaner/polish. I used it on my wifes TA and it was a beast to remove. The clear was damned clean but its was not a a good polish. They kind of tout it as a daily driver easy use solution and I felt it was not that.

You can't use Zaino on the black plastic either(if you do you will wish you hadn't), I used ICE on the black..really nice stuff, but Ive not used it on the paint. I would say for ease of use and possibly longevity ICE might be a good choice.

Confucius says: Be careful with clay bars on black cars.

KC666

Congrats on your black beauty! Thats a great stealth look. I also have a black car and used Zaino Z-5 with ZFX followed with 2 coats of Z-2 with ZFX. ZFX is an additive that makes it dry faster. Between each coat a wipe down with Z-7 detailer. It shines like a diamond but for ease of use and cost its not great. It will take multiple coats to get a uniform shine with Zaino. Also, I was not happy with Zaino all in one paint cleaner/polish. I used it on my wifes TA and it was a beast to remove. The clear was damned clean but its was not a a good polish. They kind of tout it as a daily driver easy use solution and I felt it was not that.

You can't use Zaino on the black plastic either(if you do you will wish you hadn't), I used ICE on the black..really nice stuff, but Ive not used it on the paint. I would say for ease of use and possibly longevity ICE might be a good choice.

Confucius says: Be careful with clay bars on black cars.

KC666

And this is why I posted my other thread on black cars. I know what works on most colors works different on black. I think I am heading towards the ICE now worried about the clay bar. I seen the ICE liquid clay bar and the only reason it appears like a winner is because the black is so easy to scratch. Differing opinions all alround, but those with black and opinions will suit me fine. Thanks for the heads up!

Good Idea... I assume it is because the liguid will get messy and harder to control than the bar right?

Yes.

One of our member used it and it took hime many hours to get it all out of the cracks, and the edges of the stripes. :censored:

Funny, you are right I just went back and check his thread!! Oh well, what can I say, good taste! But no Joe! But my brothers name is Joe haha! :hysterical2:

Thats right! Black verts - alloy and white stripes. We may not be the same, but we both got cool cars (at cool prices too!!! :happy feet: ).

Enjoy the car Dan.

- Your brother Joe. :hysterical:

Thats right! Black verts - alloy and white stripes. We may not be the same, but we both got cool cars (at cool prices too!!! :happy feet: ).

Enjoy the car Dan.

- Your brother Joe. :hysterical:

You look a little like him as well, although they don't grow us 100% Italians as tall, he is only 5.2!!! Great car, and even better colors and verts!!! No mods for mine, how about you? These forum nuts talk you into anything yet :hysterical2:

Dave, that is what I thought, that there was mounting threads behind in the metal and all that you had to do with the drill was get past the plastic bumper! Thanks... all I need was some reassurance before I did damage... you know what they say, check twice, do once!

Dan: If you are not familiar with Zaino Polishing product, you should be, it's very popular with the F-body crowd. Wipe on wipe off. It's THE best!! Check out their web site, zainostore.com You'll thank me. Doc

Archived