TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Driving percentage Day vs. Night

BillyRay

WHat percent do you drive Day vs Night?

Me I drive 99% day!

The main reason is why I drive early morning or at around 4pm - 6:30pm is

because I cant see the POLICE!!!!!

I like to drive aliitle fast at times, I only have 2,200 miles after 9 mths.

Also at night you might pick up more bugs and I like my car spotless!! I know alot of you might enjoy your car alot more and thats cool.

My MPG ranges from 7.8 to 9.8...I like it fast.....................BillyRay

post-3364-1189814135_thumb.jpg

post-3364-1189814155_thumb.jpg

post-3364-1189814135_thumb.jpg

post-3364-1189814155_thumb.jpg

About 95% daytime. Basically the same reasons as stated above, plus the fact that I do not use the car during the winter time, when the days are very short around here which forces me to do most of my driving in the dark; just the opposite during summer time.

95% day 5% night. i actually leave the cruise ins about an half hour before the night comes to avoid the bug splatter too. now the coast is clear to drive late into the night as i did one evening this week. tempratures have dropped at night here in ontario and it is much more cooler so the bugs are pretty much gone till next spring. :happy feet: but of course in the winter i drive 100% crazy looking at the car sittting there doing nothing till the snow melts. at least you southern boys and girls could keep going.

I have never figured my mpg but I know ai had about a half a tank the other day and I went about 50-60 miles and I am on Empty!!!!! OUCH

JJ

Yeah, mileage isn't one of the GT500's strong suits. I get about 11 - 12 mpg - that's actually worse than my '05 F-150 SCREW 4x4 5.4L 3V. It gets about 16 - 18 mpg and probably weight double the GT500.

Yeah, mileage isn't one of the GT500's strong suits. I get about 11 - 12 mpg - that's actually worse than my '05 F-150 SCREW 4x4 5.4L 3V. It gets about 16 - 18 mpg and probably weight double the GT500.

The GT500 actually does good for those that have yet to mod the intake and add a tune. I still average 20-22 MPG per tank. The area I drive in is pretty flat and considering that I can reach any speed limit while in 3rd gear I then move it into 6th and cruise.

WHat percent do you drive Day vs Night?

Me I drive 99% day!

The main reason is why I drive early morning or at around 4pm - 6:30pm is

because I cant see the POLICE!!!!!

I like to drive aliitle fast at times, I only have 2,200 miles after 9 mths.

Also at night you might pick up more bugs and I like my car spotless!! I know alot of you might enjoy your car alot more and thats cool.

My MPG ranges from 7.8 to 9.8...I like it fast.....................BillyRay

When I travel, I always prefer night driving, leaving for destination sometimes about midnight. I Don't care about the bugs, they wash off. What I care more about is, most the semi's are off the roads and they're the ones that throw the rocks and stuff that chip the paint. Also, less idiots on the road to deal with.

AZbud

Archived