TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Shelby GT S/C Package

Hi All,

I am still trying to purchase an '07 or '08 Shelby GT. One of the mods I am looking at is the S/C option from SAI. Does anyone have any details on what is included or available? Does the Shelby GT hood need to be changed? Are guages included? Are the brakes swapped out? Does the brake swap require 20" wheels and tires?

Thanks in advance,

Chigl

Hi All,

I am still trying to purchase an '07 or '08 Shelby GT. One of the mods I am looking at is the S/C option from SAI. Does anyone have any details on what is included or available? Does the Shelby GT hood need to be changed? Are guages included? Are the brakes swapped out? Does the brake swap require 20" wheels and tires?

Thanks in advance,

Chigl

PM ShelbyPilot or Son of GT, they both have it.

Everything for the Shelby GT from the modification shop is a la carte. The only thing the supercharger comes with is the "/SC" side stripe if you have the SAI modshop install the supercharger. The hood doesn't have to be changed. It doesn't come with brakes, wheels, or gauges. However, you can order all those thing be added to your car if you want. If you choose the Whipple, they do remove the strut tower bracu as it doesn't fit over the supercharger. I am sure it comes in the trunk. Some of us early owners lobbied for a Supersnake like package but the best we got was the "/SC" stripe.

Everything for the Shelby GT from the modification shop is a la carte. The only thing the supercharger comes with is the "/SC" side stripe if you have the SAI modshop install the supercharger. The hood doesn't have to be changed. It doesn't come with brakes, wheels, or gauges. However, you can order all those thing be added to your car if you want. If you choose the Whipple, they do remove the strut tower bracu as it doesn't fit over the supercharger. I am sure it comes in the trunk. Some of us early owners lobbied for a Supersnake like package but the best we got was the "/SC" stripe.

Thanks ShelbyPilot. Do you have the Paxton or the Whipple? How much addl were the mods? I would probably go for the Paxton and guages first. Could SAI do the mod at the same time as the Shelby package if I order an '08? I have a call in to John at SAI to see as well.

You sure are a lucky guy to get a S/C shelbygt ! :happy feet:

Thanks ShelbyPilot. Do you have the Paxton or the Whipple? How much addl were the mods? I would probably go for the Paxton and guages first. Could SAI do the mod at the same time as the Shelby package if I order an '08? I have a call in to John at SAI to see as well.

I have the Paxton installed on my car. The Whipple wasn't available until recently. I think I would have prefered the low end power of the Whipple to the Paxton. However, there is something to say about the Shelby & Paxton history. The Paxton supercharger installed was $6400. I think the instrument cluster installed was $1200 (I'd have to double check that). Yes if you know your VIN and the car hasn't left SAI yet you can have the supercharger and just about anything that is on their parts page installed. Prepare yourself for a long wait. I waited 4 months for my car and it was the 4-5th one to get a supercharger. I hear grumblings that the Supersnakes and 40th GT500s have priority over the Shelby GTs right now. Good Luck.

I have the Paxton installed on my car. The Whipple wasn't available until recently. I think I would have prefered the low end power of the Whipple to the Paxton. However, there is something to say about the Shelby & Paxton history. The Paxton supercharger installed was $6400. I think the instrument cluster installed was $1200 (I'd have to double check that). Yes if you know your VIN and the car hasn't left SAI yet you can have the supercharger and just about anything that is on their parts page installed. Prepare yourself for a long wait. I waited 4 months for my car and it was the 4-5th one to get a supercharger. I hear grumblings that the Supersnakes and 40th GT500s have priority over the Shelby GTs right now. Good Luck.

Nope. I was at SA this week (Thursday), the line is nearly all Shelby-GTs, with a smattering (just a couple) of 40ths.

No Super Snakes even going through yet. The S/C Shelby GT is an unbelievable performer! When you call about the S/C option, just ask for an esimated time for install. Just a thought...

Hope this helps! ;)

~Chris

That is probably true in the fact that the 40th & SS might be built in the modification shop. The stock Shelby GTs are built in their own art of the facility. I was refering to Shelby GTs having upgrades (ie. supercharger) installed or those that want to send their Shelby GTs back for upgrades. Those Shelby GT upgrades ae done in the modification shop.

As pilot stated there are 2 SC options. Paxton and Whipple. Mine is in the shop right now having a Whipple installed along with some of the mods in my sig. It should be completed by the end of next week. All of the take off parts are placed on a pallett, shrink wrapped then weighed for shipping purposes. SAI will call you with a total and payment for the shipping charges and then send them to you. That is if it includes wheels, tires, brakes etc. Just the paxton I would assume you get the strut tower brace in the trunk as pilot stated.

The 40th's are on a seperate line and have little or no effect on the SGTSC mod shop. There is a long wait for people who are sending cars back for mods. I have read Jan-Feb 08 before they may accept shipped cars.

Pricing is rounded to my best knowledge a polished paxton $6500, polished Whipple $7500, Gauge pac $1100, Brake upgrade $2400, Wheel tire pkg w/razor's $2200. The big brake option requires the wheel tire upgrade. The stock hood has no issues with the Paxton but with the Whipple there is some hood blanket rubbing on the throttle body and cold air inlet tube areas.

• 1 month later...
Nope. I was at SA this week (Thursday), the line is nearly all Shelby-GTs, with a smattering (just a couple) of 40ths.

No Super Snakes even going through yet. The S/C Shelby GT is an unbelievable performer! When you call about the S/C option, just ask for an esimated time for install. Just a thought...

Hope this helps! ;)

~Chris

I will let you know Crispy once I get home and have a chance to heal and break in the car.

:waiting: :happy feet:

I will let you know Crispy once I get home and have a chance to heal and break in the car.

:waiting: :happy feet:

Mil, glad to hear you are home. I didn't put two and two together fast enough about recovery. I hope all is getting better and not too bad. I know SAI has been keeping your baby comfy while you were gone.

Archived