TEAM SHELBY FORUM

All Shelby Verts. check in! Why did you get a vert vs the coupe?

JC8

I love the look of both the cars, Coupe/Vert. I grew up in Michigan and I love the summers there! I hated when Labor day came weekened, the end of summer, back it all up. I dig the open air! My 15 year old son and I have been battleing all summer long on what to get. He likes the coupe and like to drop the top. I think the GT500 vert. is way cool! I have a 08 vert. on order. :dog: :shift:

I love the look of both the cars, Coupe/Vert. I grew up in Michigan and I love the summers there! I hated when Labor day came weekened, the end of summer, back it all up. I dig the open air! My 15 year old son and I have been battleing all summer long on what to get. He likes the coupe and like to drop the top. I think the GT500 vert. is way cool! I have a 08 vert. on order. :dog: :shift:

US129 Mid Oct.

I am in MI and vert all the way, go see my post, lots of pics.

I am amazed at the quality convertible top on the GT500. You'd never know you were in a 'vert when you're flyin around at 130 with the top up. Maybe the coupe is safer at those speeds, but otherwise I see NO drawbacks (unless you just prefer the appearance of the coupe I guess)

I absolutely love my vert!!!! :happy feet:

I love the coupe look too but i don't drive my car in the rain or snow anyway...

And my '69 Fastback is my coupe...

You will be very very happy with your choice with the vert!

Verts Rock! I love my car and ride with the top down every chance I get! The top is excellent quality as well. I put some stripes on it so it looks like a Shelby. I have also had mine past 140 with the top down with no real handling issues.fullcar.jpg

I told a story a while back about a 2006 Z06 owner who after seeing my vert, went and traded his car in for a black GT500 coupe. The owners were a father/son team and we hung out together for a few months. The thing that always bothered the father - was my vert. He loved it. He kept saying this car was meant to be a vert and if he did it over - he would have gotten the vert. End result - he traded in the GT500 for a new Z06 - I couldn't believe it. He did this not for dislike of the GT500 - he just wanted something unique that would stand out. The new Z06 he found was a test mule for the new Blue Devil. It doesn't have the 650hp motor, but it does have the new suspension, tranny and rear end. He now doesn't have the hookup problem he had in the first Z06, nor the GT500.

They both still drool over my car.

I've had mine up to 140 with the top down with no issues either. The only complaint - I can't get this on a track for some real fun without a rollbar. In the next year, I'll be exploring a rollbar that can be installed and removed easily for track use. i.e., take the back seats out and put in a bolt-on rolbar of some sort. With the seats in - I want it to look completely stock with no sign of a rollbar.

My first SVT product was one of the 499 1995 Cobra Hardtop Convertibles they build that year, it was a beauty and it's near the top of my list of "cars I wish I still had". The decision was an easy one for me, I don't race and this car is for pure pleasure driving....

Besides, Florida is for verts....crusing to the beach soon

All during my search I was looking for a coupe. Price (especially if I was going to have to pay an ADM to get it) was the big factor. Verts are almost $5k more than the same car as a coupe. I actually thought I was doing the right thing (saving $$), when my wife said just a week before I found my car, "you know, we're not going to drive this car in the winter or in the rain (on purpose). Why don't you get a vert so we can REALLY enjoy it in the summer!"

So, I expanded my seach to verts... when I found a 2007 that a dealer 20 minutes away just got in (this was just last month) and was selling for only $3k over. Wow! Unfortunately, I was the second guy in line... which wasn't good enough when #1 guy's credit checked out.

I think it was just a day or 2 later when Ruf called with MY deal... a vert for MSRP in NC. It was too good to be true. Basically I was getting the better car (a vert) for the same kind of $$ I thought I'd have to pay for a coupe (with the ADM).

Verts Rule!!

Rear.jpg

Side.jpg

Front.jpg

Archived