TEAM SHELBY FORUM

KR Prototypes Spotted in Dearborn

Rarecat

While in Dearborn for a business trip, me and my cohorts engaged in a little stalking exercise around the Ford proving grounds hoping to see something interesting.... we were successful. We managed to spot two different KR Prototypes and the new Fairlane Wagon/Van thingy. Enjoy the pics... :happy feet:

post-6-1189695298_thumb.jpg

post-6-1189695315_thumb.jpg

post-6-1189695349_thumb.jpg

post-6-1189695410_thumb.jpg

post-6-1189695298_thumb.jpg

post-6-1189695315_thumb.jpg

post-6-1189695349_thumb.jpg

post-6-1189695410_thumb.jpg

your master :ninja: will be pleased grasshopper

While in Dearborn for a business trip, me and my cohorts engaged in a little stalking exercise around the Ford proving grounds hoping to see something interesting.... we were successful. We managed to spot two different KR Prototypes and the new Fairlane Wagon/Van thingy. Enjoy the pics... :happy feet:

Great pics. Thanks for sharing.

Could that be the 2009 Shelby that hasn't been announced yet?

HSURB

The pics of the grey one were taken outside the Roush facility. For the doubters, please note that it has the following KR parts/features:

KR Badges (Side and Grill)

Grill ducts for front brakes

Alcoa Wheels

Lowered Stance

KR Side Stripes

Centered Shelby Badges

The Red one had the KR hood in primer, but we couldn't catch it in our little V6 coupe

$100,000 car and they cant fix that stupid antenna... ridiculous

..come on by and I'll fix your antenna with my handy dandy bolt cutters :snake:

I actually don't notice it, but there are certainly a bunch of fairly inexpensive replacements. or just cut yourself and put the ball back on.

Another interesting question that will never be answered is why would this Shelby be at Roush?!?!?!

Oh i know i know.. its just that i would hope that they would consider making the OE smaller since it is such a high performance car... everytime i see the car i see that stupid antenna sticking out like a sore thumb

Oh i know i know.. its just that i would hope that they would consider making the OE smaller since it is such a high performance car... everytime i see the car i see that stupid antenna sticking out like a sore thumb

..I think that overall, to the designers, its just another mustang, so most of the stuff we have to do ourselves. Its just easier for them to pull another long antenna out of the box and stick it on, or in our case, throw it in the trunk :hysterical: I suspect that they really just had never considered that many don't like how long it is.

That's a great find! Thanks for sharing!

Obviously, the car is not in its final form (KR hood missing) but most of the other cosmetic stuff seems to be there. I noticed that the tungsten car had the centered Shelby letters on the rear decklid while the red one has the standard left side placement. I guess that's why they call these prototypes.

This car is a mish-mash. The car has the 40th grille emblem, but is NOT lowered, does not have the 40th front brake ducts carbon fiber front air splitter/rockers/mirror covers, aluminum hood grilles, satin silver stripes, etc. But, it does not have the KR hood or new suspension either???

KingCobra.

This car is a mish-mash. The car has the 40th grille emblem, but is NOT lowered, does not have the 40th front brake ducts carbon fiber front air splitter/rockers/mirror covers, aluminum hood grilles, satin silver stripes, etc. But, it does not have the KR hood or new suspension either???

KingCobra.

Maybe this helps solve the mystery of what the car will look like when it leaves Ford and what the things are that the Shelby mod shop will provide to the KR. By the way, the'08 is the 40th anniversary of the KR. Maybe the 'Cat has sleuthed out a new version before anybody is talking about it. Namely a GT500 KR 40th Anniversary version. This could be a major scoop!

Now go drive your Shelby

Archived