TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2007 GT500 production sequence

YZD263

This is something that has already been discussed for a couple of weeks but I thought it might be interesting to post a specific thread strictly dealing with production sequence numbers. Since late August, production numbers have become available and many members have called SVT to get the production sequence number for their car and many posted their sequence number on this site.

About a week ago, Dan (68fastback) raised the idea of having a list of all sequence info obtained by members from SVT for their respective car. I though it was a cool idea and started building a list with the sequence info already shared at the time by some members, which I have updated periodically since then. I decided to place both the coupes and the verts in the same list but I now realize that without VINs and since Ford would not provide this info, it is virtually impossible to sequence verts and coupes together with any kind of accuracy. Consequently, I have now decided to split the list in two.

It would be nice if we could get all SU members that own a 2007 GT500 to share their sequence info. For those that are not familiar with this, you can receive confirmation of your build date, overall sequence number and color sequence number from Ford, by calling toll free 1-800-FORD-SVT (1-800-367-3788). All you need is to provide the last 6 digits of your VIN number; they will also ask you if your car is a coupe or convertible as they are sequenced separately. This is the same number you would call to order an SVT production certificate; however, you do not have to purchase the certificate to obtain verbal confirmation of your sequence number.

Once you have obtained the info, you can post build date, overall sequence (coupe or vert) color and color sequence. I will update the list periodically. For those who already posted in another thread, your info should already be there. If I made any mistake, please let me know. I highlighted those build dates and sequence number that I was not sure about. Indeed, a few cars seem to have build dates that are inconsistant with their sequence number. Confirmation would be needed for these.

Updated 09/20/08 at 10:50 PM

Convertible_production_sequence.doc

Coupe_production_sequence.doc

Convertible_production_sequence.doc

Coupe_production_sequence.doc

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply
This is something that has already been discussed for a couple of weeks but I thought it might be interesting to post a specific thread strictly dealing with production sequence numbers. Since late August, production numbers have become available and many members have called SVT to get the production sequence number for their car and many posted their sequence number on this site.

About a week ago, Dan (68fastback) raised the idea of having a list of all sequence info obtained by members from SVT for their respective car. I though it was a cool idea and started building a list with the sequence info already shared at the time by some members, which I have updated periodically since then. I decided to place both the coupes and the verts in the same list but I now realize that without VINs and since Ford would not provide this info, it is virtually impossible to sequence verts and coupes together with any kind of accuracy. Consequently, I have now decided to split the list in two.

It would be nice if we could get all SU members that own a 2007 GT500 to share their sequence info. For those that are not familiar with this, you can receive confirmation of your build date, overall sequence number and color sequence number from Ford, by calling toll free 1-800-FORD-SVT (1-800-367-3788). All you need is to provide the last 6 digits of your VIN number; they will also ask you if your car is a coupe or convertible as they are sequenced separately. This is the same number you would call to order an SVT production certificate; however, you do not have to purchase the certificate to obtain verbal confirmation of your sequence number.

Once you have obtained the info, you can post build date, overall sequence (coupe or vert) color and color sequence. I will update the list periodically. For those who already posted in another thread, your info should already be there. If I made any mistake, please let me know. I highlighted those bulid dates and sequence number that I was not sure about. Indeed, a few cars seem to have build dates that are inconsistant with their sequence number. Confirmation would be needed for these.

add my build date of 8/16--- very interesting that two blue couples build on the same day 5 cars apart!

Once you have obtained the info, you can post build date, overall sequence (coupe or vert) color and color sequence. I will update the list periodically. For those who already posted in another thread, your info should already be there. If I made any mistake, please let me know. I highlighted those bulid dates and sequence number that I was not sure about. Indeed, a few cars seem to have build dates that are inconsistant with their sequence number. Confirmation would be needed for these.

Build date 11/15/06

Vert. 990 of 2694

White 118 of 325

Build date 11/15/06

Vert. 990 of 2694

White 118 of 325

Build date 11/15/06

Vert. 982 of 2694

Red 330 of 809

last 6 = 275389

Both built same date. Yours has lower VIN# but higher production#? I guess you were issued a VIN earlier than mine, but mine came of the line earlier?

This isn't the first time I've seen conflicting numbers (VIN vs Production) either. And if this is the case, would there be any way of really knowing our place in total production? It appears that the VIN last 6 wouldn't be an accurate way to determine this.

Archived