TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Ordered Dash Plaque

Marc@Kentucky

I finally got around to ordering my dash plaque this evening and look forward to receiving it. One question (maybe a couple)- when ordering I was never asked for my VIN. It was my understanding that the VIN would be on the plaque.

Is that the case?

Was anyone else asked for the VIN when ordering?

Can I get one for my wife's Expedition? :P

I did put the VIN in the Notes section, but was wondering what experience others had when ordering (other than waiting way too long) :poke:

I finally got around to ordering my dash plaque this evening and look forward to receiving it. One question (maybe a couple)- when ordering I was never asked for my VIN. It was my understanding that the VIN would be on the plaque.

Is that the case?

I did put the VIN in the Notes section, but was wondering what experience others had when ordering (other than waiting way too long) :poke:

I had to provide mine. And then they put the wrong VIN on the plaque. :banghead: Still no word on the remake. :waiting:

Is that the case?

I heard the new ordered ones after August 15th would not have the vin #'s due to the long delays on the orders.

I heard the new ordered ones after August 15th would not have the vin #'s due to the long delays on the orders.

:censored:

That better not be true!! What use is it then?? No different than getting a signed car part and adding it later (no offense to those who got dash panels, sunvisors etc signed by CS)... it's not unique to the SPECIFIC car which is why I thought they were going to do it!!

I heard the same thing. New one's wont have the vin.

When I ordered mine they sent me the wrong vin# also. I had to send it back and luckily Amy

had someone go and locate mine. (Good thing I checked before I suck it on my dash) :finger:

If the rumor about the vin# is true, that really suck for the rest that didn't order it in time. (It took me 5 months to get mine) :censored:

I heard the same thing. New one's wont have the vin.

When I ordered mine they sent me the wrong vin# also. I had to send it back and luckily Amy

had someone go and locate mine. (Good thing I checked before I suck it on my dash) :finger:

If the rumor about the vin# is true, that really suck for the rest that didn't order it in time. (It took me 5 months to get mine) :censored:

Does Amy check this site? I would want a refund, then. I just ordered mine last week (and also just included the VIN in the "notes" section). Why would we go through the trouble and expense if not personalized with the VIN?

Does Amy check this site? I would want a refund, then. I just ordered mine last week (and also just included the VIN in the "notes" section. Why would we go through the trouble and expense if not personalized with the VIN?

I ordered mine Aug 14th and still no word, but if it doesn't have the VIN I too would want a refund.

Is that the case?

Did you order online? I ordered online and thought it strange there was no place for VIN, but afew days later got call from SPP asking for VIN for plate.

Did you order online? I ordered online and thought it strange there was no place for VIN, but afew days later got call from SPP asking for VIN for plate.

I ordered online; there was no place on the order that asked for the VIN, so I just listed mine on the "special notes" section and asked them to be sure to print it on the plate...

when did you order yours? Sounds like they were still including VINs at that time...

:censored:

That better not be true!! What use is it then?? No different than getting a signed car part and adding it later (no offense to those who got dash panels, sunvisors etc signed by CS)... it's not unique to the SPECIFIC car which is why I thought they were going to do it!!

Joe I was just kidding about the Aug 15th deadline. :bag: That's not true at all. I was just kidding with all of you. I'm sure they will call and confirm your vin #'s with you. When they first went on sale we had to wait roughly three years for ours when we ordered them. Do me a favor on Friday, give Ruffy a wedgy for me. :hysterical:

When I ordered mine, there was a place to input the VIN and then the web site actually showed a mock up of what the plate would look like with the VIN in place and asked me to check one more time.

Took about 5 months to get but the Vin was correctly engraved on mine. I think this turned out to be far more work to do than SAI had envisioned.

I ordered online; there was no place on the order that asked for the VIN, so I just listed mine on the "special notes" section and asked them to be sure to print it on the plate...

when did you order yours? Sounds like they were still including VINs at that time...

Just ordered it 8/24/07

http://shelbyperformanceparts.com/ShowItem...late%20kit.aspx

picture shows vin# but wording says nothing about a vin :headscratch:

Guys

I just got off the phone with Shelby Performance Parts, talked to guy named Steve! He said there is absolutely no truth the plaques not having VIN's. I asked him to confirm that and he put me on hold for a few minutes. When he came back he said that is entirely wrong and that the plates will have VIN's. He even asked me to straighten out that rumor on the forum I frequent. He even told me about a Kryon they tested to protect the signature.

Anyway

Stent

Joe I was just kidding about the Aug 15th deadline. :bag: That's not true at all. I was just kidding with all of you. I'm sure they will call and confirm your vin #'s with you. When they first went on sale we had to wait roughly three years for ours when we ordered them. Do me a favor on Friday, give Ruffy a wedgy for me. :hysterical:

Ooooh I'm gonna get ya back for that one!

:banghead:

Oilman, I ordered mine last week, not that it matters now

I just called to check the status of mine (ordered 5 weeks ago), they said it's on "Mr Shelby's Desk awaiting his signature"...should be two more weeks or so...

Looking forward to proudly displaying it on my dash!

Is that the case?

Putting the VIN in the Notes Section is exactly what you should do (they should provide better guidance on that). I just spoke with Keith at Shelby Performance yesterday as I ordered mine in Mid-July. He said the latest batch is at the childrens foundation waiting for Mr. Shelby to sign them (he is currently in Detriot this week but should sign them by the end of next week).

That is mean!!! Funny (now that I know it's not true) yet still mean! :finger:

Oh, and 1 wedgy for Ruf? Can do! :hysterical:

That is mean!!! Funny (now that I know it's not true) yet still mean! :finger:

Oh, and 1 wedgy for Ruf? Can do! :hysterical:

Yes it was mean and I apologize for any wrongful doings. My misinterpetation of the leagues rules for camera's on the side lines were my fault.........oh sorry wrong statement. :bag: :hysterical:

You will enjoy very much your placque once you receive it.

Thanks in advance for Ruffy's wedgy. He's had that coming for months. :hysterical:

Brian

Yes it was mean and I apologize for any wrongful doings. My misinterpetation of the leagues rules for camera's on the side lines were my fault.........oh sorry wrong statement. :bag: :hysterical:

You will enjoy very much your placque once you receive it.

Thanks in advance for Ruffy's wedgy. He's had that coming for months. :hysterical:

Brian

:hysterical2:

The dash plaque for the Shelby GT has the Shelby serial number (CSM) on it and not the VIN.

It took about two months for my GT500 dash plaque to come in. Before mounting it on the dash, I sprayed it with about 4 or 5 light coats of Krylon Preserve It! with no running of the Sharpie.

Scott

mine took less than 2 months to get and my vin is on the plaque. i put my vin in the special notes area and had no problems. i added small velcro circles to stick mine on the dash so i can remove it during winter storage or any time i like. was very happy on the quality and how surprisingly fast i got the plaque considering i am in canada and it came all the way from nevada. see photo

post-5661-1189903447_thumb.jpg

post-5661-1189903447_thumb.jpg

Archived