TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Why did you pick the GT500 over the C6-Corvette?

JC8

I think the Shelby has it over the Vette for the following reasons:

The Shelby justs looks more bad ass than the Vette

The Shelby interior has much better styling than the Vette

The Shelby is more confortable getting in and out, important on the out

The Shelby gets more oooohs and aww than the Vette

The Shelby is a lot quietier than the Vette. Not so important in town, but on a long trip it makes a difference

The Shelby sound system is better.

The Shelby has a little more ground clearance for real world driving.

The Shelby has a trunk you can lock stuff up in.

The Shelby has a rear seat so you can claim you had the kids in mind when you bought it

I like my Ford dealer better than any of the GM dealers in town

The Shelby can carry a lot more store without exceeding the GVWR. The Vette is maxed out with two fat guys. (500lbs)

There are probably more.

The Shelby is a lot quietier than the Vette. Not so important in town, but on a long trip it makes a difference

The Shelby has a rear seat so you can claim you had the kids in mind when you bought it

The Shelby can carry a lot more store without exceeding the GVWR. The Vette is maxed out with two fat guys. (500lbs)

There are probably more.

Very good list Mister Gonad Boy :hysterical2:

UM ..... cuz i work at a place that has that big blue oval with the word FORD printed in the middle maybe ???

There are probably more.

Thanks carnut........I hate typing. :lurk:

I have always really liked the SVT cobra mustangs of any year '93 on up and when the Shelby GT500 came back out with the 5.4 and 500hp and the retro looks and name I felt Ford finally did it right! The best to date!

I also was very close to purchasing the C6 Corvette. 1st the Z06 was in my sights because of the high ADM's on the GT500's. But then I realized I did not want to spend that much on "another toy". So then I was looking at a C6 coupe that would have actually been under MSRP and cheaper than the GT500 and had better performance BUT...like HSURB said, the depreciation of the C6 is something I knew the GT500 would fair much better on.

Also I knew that if I had a C6 I would eventually see a GT500 and know that that is where I really wanted to be.

AND NOW WITH MY HOMEMADE SLP LOUDMOUTHS ON THE CAR IT SOUNDS LIKE I WANT IT TO!!!

They are perfect! :superhero:

I wanted a 600 horsepower car and the GT500 is the only new car that you can purchase, and with a minimum amount of money, create that kind of power. The first time I heard the supercharger whine, It drove me crazy.

I have always wanted a sleeper car and now I got it. Thats why I purchased with the total stripe delete.

Yes, no doubt about that. Your GT500 will retain its value far better than the C6. The Vettes are not holding at all, nothing like they did years ago.

Your 100% right, I have been buying Corvettes GMS though my stepdad and you still loose your a$$...This GT500 I'm getting is hot looking, I love the COOL RETRO LOOKS of the Mustangs back in the late 60ies, early 70ies. Torch Red Vert-2008 this will be mine, all mine- :happy feet: :headspin::doh: :dog:

I was actually all set to get a 2008 Viper (now going to have 600 hp, should really scream). But, I have 3 little boys, and I would feel a little guilty going for a cruise in a 2-seater. Since I have never been as fond of GM as I am of Mopars & Fords, when I learned about the GT500 it was an easy choice. Was able to get a car much sooner, and saved money to boot!

I was actually all set to get a 2008 Viper (now going to have 600 hp, should really scream). But, I have 3 little boys, and I would feel a little guilty going for a cruise in a 2-seater. Since I have never been as fond of GM as I am of Mopars & Fords, when I learned about the GT500 it was an easy choice. Was able to get a car much sooner, and saved money to boot!

Your head in the right place! I have been there, with my Vettes and 2 seats, I have daughter and son, now 17 and 15, you are not making the mistake I did. 2 seats when I needed at least 3, someone always got left out... Our GT500 will go up in value and there cool as heck, to me the C6 Corvette is nice but kinda of boring, just my 2 cents. :headspin:

Bought an 06 vette coupe in May of 06 and by the time I sold it in May 07 to get the Shelby, it only had 1500 miles on it (full exhaust, Head's & Cam 440hp/402tq) because my Wife & 7yr old son couldn't both come with me at the same time. And the Styling got Boring as Hell (inside & out) pretty quick.

Great retro look, high horsepower and a relatively affordable price tag, at least compared with anything else with 500hp. Driving this car, I discovered that it had many other qualities, such as a very confortable ride for a car of that nature. On top of that, you don't see many of them on the road. Actually, I didn't saw another one all summer where I live, outside of a Mustang meet one week-end. In comparison Corvettes are all over the place.

Where I work there are 6 or 7 Vetts in the parking lot. All 50 somethings with a mid life crises.

I drive the ONLY Shelby and most folks in the building have not even SEEN another one than mine. Heck I get folks come by and just ask about the car and some to let me know they actuall saw another one somewhere.

I have never been one to 'walk with the crowd'. Don't want just another vette. I'm not old enough and don't fit the image. Won't own a Toyota Camery either, its just not me.

The Shelby screams bad ass and just looks mean. EVERYONE knows what it is when they see it. (well, anyone that thinks of cars as more than a transportation appliance.)

Hot retro looks, a rolling classic! 500 HP-way cool...

I've owned all the GM products I'm ever going to own!! 4 new and 4 used ones. in 2001 I decided to go to the (DARK SIDE) at that time I was the only person in my family who would own a Ford. (F250 Lariat 4X4 LB CC) After my Family seen you didn't have to have you vehicle worked on all the time (GMs). All of them now drive Fords. This is the First car I've ever owned.

Archived