TEAM SHELBY FORUM

So it's September

2006GT500

I would start one but I don't want to feel the wrath of you know who :hysterical:

well maybe tomorrow I will just to see if I can live until Monday :hysterical2:

:hysterical: Looks like we can add "Stand-Up Comic" to your list of skills! :hysterical2:

Seriously, if some are interested in the hood as an orderable option, someone (as in anyone who is not buying a Super Snake) should start a poll. It IS the best way!

Well that's very nice of you :nonono: Personally I'm not in the runnings to buy a Shelby, but I've built a car that has Shelby looks and Shelby power, so why shouldn't I have the same opportunity as you do to own a HOOD.

Nothing against you personally... sorry

I just want to have an authentic look that cannot be duplicated.... selfish i guess

Sorry no offense intended.

From what I hear, there will be some "SS-Only" parts. Much like the KR, I believe that Shelby wants to preserve the integrity, value, and rarity (exclusivity) of their cars. I do think the hood will be available, but certain other parts, if necessary to replace (damaged), will only be available to owners of the Super Snake....

From what I hear, there will be some "SS-Only" parts. Much like the KR, I believe that Shelby wants to preserve the integrity, value, and rarity (exclusivity) of their cars. I do think the hood will be available, but certain other parts, if necessary to replace (damaged), will only be available to owners of the Super Snake....

If not the hood.... Then what?

IMO the hood is a must!!!

Anyone can duplicate stripes which would leave the hood the main distinguishing factor!

Keep the carbon fiber pieces for the Shelby cars. Definitely keep the badges...I think I read that they were doing that anyway. Anyone can do the stripes you're right, and I had actually been planning on doing SS stripes since I bought my 2004 mustang 3 years ago. I'll have those stripes on my car regardless of if the hood is made or not.

Keep the carbon fiber pieces for the Shelby cars. Definitely keep the badges...I think I read that they were doing that anyway. Anyone can do the stripes you're right, and I had actually been planning on doing SS stripes since I bought my 2004 mustang 3 years ago. I'll have those stripes on my car regardless of if the hood is made or not.

I already have the carbon fiber pieces and no one asked if I own a Shelby.

Badges are obvious (I hope).... but what else?

That seems very minor.

I'm just spending alot of money and want it to hold value... at least for a little while!

Everyone has spent a lot of money. As far as holding value... who knows. If I was concerned about that, I would have bought rental property.

Thanks for your recomendation... I already own rental property.

I was referring to the car. :banghead:

I want exclusiveness as well as authenticity! That's all I was saying!

Obviously no one knows what the future will bring....

Thanks for your recomendation... I already own rental property.

I was referring to the car. :banghead:

I want exclusiveness as well as authenticity! That's all I was saying!

Obviously no one knows what the future will bring....

I'm not sure why you're making such a big deal out of all of this. Your VIN will be recorded by SAI, you will be in their registry. You can update your SAAC registration, which will be confirmed by SAI. There will be dozens of unmistakeable marks of authenticity for the SS. If you're worried about value, stop worrying. If you're worried about John Q. Public's misperceptions, then you've got problems already.

Relax, Just enjoy the car! It'll be fun.

If that's not why you're buying it well..... :violin:

I'm not sure why you're making such a big deal out of all of this. Your VIN will be recorded by SAI, you will be in their registry. You can update your SAAC registration, which will be confirmed by SAI. There will be dozens of unmistakeable marks of authenticity for the SS. If you're worried about value, stop worrying. If you're worried about John Q. Public's misperceptions, then you've got problems already.

Relax, Just enjoy the car! It'll be fun.

If that's not why you're buying it well..... :violin:

Not making a big deal.... Just stating my opinion!

Why are you so upset about my opinion?

I'm very relaxed.... and enjoying! You do the same!

Thanks!

Not making a big deal.... Just stating my opinion!

Why are you so upset about my opinion?

I'm very relaxed.... and enjoying! You do the same!

Thanks!

Not upset...just stating MY opinion.

It seems that you do make a big deal out of the exclusivity issue.

I just don't think exclusivity should be an issue in the Shelby heritage, only performance. That's my opinion. I know you don't agree. :beerchug:

If exclusivity wasnt at least a little of all of our reason for buying a GT500 then we would have gotten a GT and made it faster for less money. If you can honestly say that you didnt like the idea of buying an exclusive car then i will take it back. I know i thought it was awesome i could get a Shelby that they were going to make only about 10000. :happy feet: As for the SS i think some parts should be exclusive. You cant buy an Armani patch to put on your Walmart suit. maybe not the best example but it works, kinda :doh:

If exclusivity wasnt at least a little of all of our reason for buying a GT500 then we would have gotten a GT and made it faster for less money. If you can honestly say that you didnt like the idea of buying an exclusive car then i will take it back. I know i thought it was awesome i could get a Shelby that they were going to make only about 10000. :happy feet: As for the SS i think some parts should be exclusive. You cant buy an Armani patch to put on your Walmart suit. maybe not the best example but it works, kinda :doh:

Then you should take it back!

Exclusivity had absolutely nothing to do with why I bought this car!

It was the Performance Heritage of Mr. Shelby and the Spec's on this car, Period. So your first sentence is inaccurate.

I didn't care how many they were going to make.

To the SS hood, SAI has repeatedly said it would be available. I don't want to clone one, just want the hood (for looks and to fit another blower if the TVS doesn't pan out for me).

Not upset...just stating MY opinion.

It seems that you do make a big deal out of the exclusivity issue.

I just don't think exclusivity should be an issue in the Shelby heritage, only performance. That's my opinion. I know you don't agree. :beerchug:

I do agree that Shelby is about performance.... but that's not all imo...

There is a reason why they are capping the SS.... and the answer is not because of PERFORMANCE!

I'm sure that you can agree with me on that at least!

I do agree that Shelby is about performance.... but that's not all imo...

There is a reason why they are capping the SS.... and the answer is not because of PERFORMANCE!

I'm sure that you can agree with me on that at least!

As with the vintage Shelby's in their day, I believe that the actual cost of admittance will by default create it's own cap. The old saying "speed costs money, how fast can you afford to go?" is still true. I am fortunate enough to own one now, and am grateful for that.

PERFORMANCE does = money, otherwise I would be driving a Ford GT, lol, I"m not that fortunate yet :hysterical: .

I might agree in principle to only selling the SS hoods to T88/T89 owners...? Don't know. Haven't thought about that. But I don't see how putting one on my GT500, devalues an SAI Super Snake. I'll have none of the badging, won't copy the stripes, have a completely different suspension....etc, etc, etc. And as I stated before, with all of today's documentation, with a bit of due diligence, how can anyone ever fall for a clone.

Archived