TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Status of Car

Dennis70Mach

First, I want to thank Dave and Grabber for letting me know that the Ford Zone Rep can find out when a car is scheduled to be built. As most of you know, I have ordered a GT 500 as a Christmas gift for my son and I have been desperately trying to find out when it's going to be built. Well, on the advice from Grabber and Dave, I called my dealer to get the zone rep's info. To my surprise, they gave it to me! I then emailed the zone rep, and got a reply that he was on vacation. :banghead: However, his computer's auto reply gave another guy's name, phone number and email address. So, I called him and explained my situation, he said he would look into it and get back with me. About an hour later, he called me to say that he actually talked to the real zone rep who was on vacation. The real zone rep had already been told about my situation from the dealer and had contacted the head of scheduling for building the GT 500s. He was able to get the build moved up to October. :happy feet: The guy who I was speaking to couldn't give me an exact date in October, but simply said it would be built sometime in October. He said that barring any quality control issues, strikes, etc., the car would hopefully be here before Christmas. :happy feet: Typically, how long should it take for a car to be delivered to the dealer after it's been built? I still don't have a VIN, DORA, etc., but I feel somewhat comforted by the fact that I at least know when the car is scheduled to be built.

Dennis70Mach,

Good news! Glad to hear it is going to work out.

Will the car be striped or stripe delete? That process can add 7-10 days to the process. Mine was bucked on Sept 28th, built on October 3rd and delivered October 26th, but I'm much closer than California so shipping time was less than yours will be.

Like ShelbyDude said, plan on at least 6 weeks from build to delivery.

Yes, the car will have stripes, it's going to be red with black stripes. So that may add a little bit of time, but barring weather, strikes, quality control issues, etc., hopefully, I'll have the car before Christmas. After I ordered the car with my wife and son there, I went back a couple of days later to explain to the GM that I was giving this car as a Christmas present and that obviously, I needed the car in order to do that. He told me that he didn't see a problem, but he was so confident, it worried me. After talking to the zone rep, I feel more comfortable now. But, I'm still going to be on pins and needles until it actually arrives.

First, I want to thank Dave and Grabber for letting me know that the Ford Zone Rep can find out when a car is scheduled to be built. As most of you know, I have ordered a GT 500 as a Christmas gift for my son and I have been desperately trying to find out when it's going to be built. Well, on the advice from Grabber and Dave, I called my dealer to get the zone rep's info. To my surprise, they gave it to me! I then emailed the zone rep, and got a reply that he was on vacation. :banghead: However, his computer's auto reply gave another guy's name, phone number and email address. So, I called him and explained my situation, he said he would look into it and get back with me. About an hour later, he called me to say that he actually talked to the real zone rep who was on vacation. The real zone rep had already been told about my situation from the dealer and had contacted the head of scheduling for building the GT 500s. He was able to get the build moved up to October. :happy feet: The guy who I was speaking to couldn't give me an exact date in October, but simply said it would be built sometime in October. He said that barring any quality control issues, strikes, etc., the car would hopefully be here before Christmas. :happy feet: Typically, how long should it take for a car to be delivered to the dealer after it's been built? I still don't have a VIN, DORA, etc., but I feel somewhat comforted by the fact that I at least know when the car is scheduled to be built.

Great news Dennis.

My car was built on 11/29/06, and I took delivery on Jan 3, 2007...so that's my experience...about 5 weeks. Good luck.

Dave

I live in the Kansas City area. Hopefully mine won't take too much longer than yours, seeing as how I'm not that much farther away from Detroit than you are. We'll see.

I checked a couple of invoices on mustangs at dealers in Kansas. One in Kansas City and one in Overland Park.

They both show 14 days transit time.

So once it is shipped from the plant it should be about 2 weeks.

Archived