TEAM SHELBY FORUM

07 Shelby GT500 Trunk Lettering

ItalianStallion

Can someone please explain to me the difference between some of 07 Shelby GT500

trunk lettering that is centered over the trunk lid lip and others, like mine, that is placed :banghead:

over to the left of the trunk lid ? I have seen 07s that have this lettering centered, like

the old school shelbys. I prefer this centered type. Whats the diff ??

Thanks,

ItalianStallion

th_07Shelby010.jpg

Can someone please explain to me the difference between some of 07 Shelby GT500

trunk lettering that is centered over the trunk lid lip and others, like mine, that is placed :banghead:

over to the left of the trunk lid ? I have seen 07s that have this lettering centered, like

the old school shelbys. I prefer this centered type. Whats the diff ??

Thanks,

ItalianStallion

th_07Shelby010.jpg

Yours is original, thiers is a mod! They took the letters off and centered them on their own! That is the only difference. If you like it centered, there are several threads that explain it an show the measurements!

Yours is original, thiers is a mod! They took the letters off and centered them on their own! That is the only difference. If you like it centered, there are several threads that explain it an show the measurements!

Was this thread within our Forums ? Can you direct me towards it ?

Seems straight forward. Can I use the lettering I already have ?

Are the letters attached, or do I need to dissect them.

I have the red stipe, so the shelby letters are hi-lighted red inside. :redcard:

Thanks to all for your help

ItalianStallion

Anyone have pic's of the centered S-H-E-L-B-Y lettering on a non-stripe car like my vert??

Rear.jpg

Looks like it would be tougher considering no stripes to rely on to help spacing...

post-2704-1189401470_thumb.jpg

Joe,

Just use the edge of the keyhole as a starting point and then the 102 dimension and you will be fine.

The letters will certainly look more pronounced on a black car without the stripes. IMO the letters tend to get lost in some of the stripe colors.

You might try using the blue painters tape and a level to set a lower and upper straight line then use a pencil and ruler to mark equal distances for the letters.

Archived