TEAM SHELBY FORUM

why slow colors??

whitegt500

It is common knowledge that Red cars are the fastest, no need to add a word such as 'performance' just to make it 'sound' fast. :hysterical:

No you have it all wrong. Red cars are the 1st to get tickets because they look fast but in all reality they are not. The word PERFORMANCE was added to the name by FORD because they knew it was the fsatest before they made it. :yup::shift: :burnout:

Black fastest of all... that is why it is black! So fast color will not stick! :hysterical:

If this is true than my Red Coupe with BLACK RACING STRIPES is

DEFINATELY faster than the red coupes with white stripes :hysterical2::hysterical2:

Oh1, you have good taste in colors. I have an '05 Mineral Grey GT in the garage too!!. :shift:

lambbo,

MG is a great color, just wish they had offered it on the 08MY. I see by your profile that your in the Big Sandbox at B.I.A. what do you do there? Stay safe and party hard.

Mike

Tungsten was too fast so they had to discontinue it for safety reasons.

Grabber Orange cars are that color for a reason because they are slow like the road construction trucks. You are alerted by the bright orange color and know that there is a slow moving vehilcle that is why Caltrans and school busses tend to use these.

Their is only one fast color & it has the word PERFORMANCE in it......

Performance White lightning fast :hysterical:

It is common knowledge that Red cars are the fastest, no need to add a word such as 'performance' just to make it 'sound' fast. :hysterical:

With Both these statements being true, That would make mine the fastest color ever!

JJ

some may find this question dumb but i have a question what does the color have to do if the car is slow or fast??

thanks

I hope we answered your question even though it has been an unorthodox answer. We just love to :poke: at each other a little bit.

Vista Blue is fastest. It goes so fast, it compresses light waves to a higher frequency, thus giving the blue appearance. If all the other colors could go as fast, they would all appear blue as well.

'nuf said! :yup:

Ah yes, the Doppler effect. The blue is compressed because it's coming towards you, or rather, because everything's catching up to it. So it must be the slowest. Red, even though it's moving away, will get swallowed up by a BLACK hole, where not even it's light can escape. And white, well if you need reassurance that it's a performance colour, need I say more? :dog:

post-9604-1190782751_thumb.jpg

post-9604-1190782751_thumb.jpg

Archived