TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Need to Find A NEW DEAL, 5K Over or Better

Big_Slick737

Im sure many of you have read the problems I have had getting information

about my Order that was Placed in Late April. Well BAD NEWS, the Owner of

the Dealership Sold both Allocations to another dealership, Both Allocations had

customers for them. Mine and Another One. :redcard:

The Owner Kept this Information from the GM all the way up until Today. The GM

called me today with the Bad News, and apologized many times.. and was just as livid as I am

at this moment. The GM has been just as frustrated about the lack of information

that he was able to provide to me, and great to deal with but was kept in the dark about

the Owners actions. I feel bad that the owner put him in that postion, to have to call

two customers that had worked out deals and give them bad news... :banghead::banghead:

But moving forward: where one door closes another one will open up. I Hope..

After a year and half of searching and hundereds of phone calls, having several deals fall through, having

my name on initial 07 order list that were thrown in the trash, having GM's agreeing to a price and Owners

going back and gouging for an extra 10 grand, when I tried to get the deals in writing, and now this.....

I am close to giving Up the search, I have spent and invested More time then I could have possibly imagined,

to end up with nothing to show for it as of today. And I know my Wife is tired of hearing me talk about the

trials and triibulations Ive gone through to try and get a car. :headspin::headspin::headspin:

So as a Last Ditch Effort:

If anyone knows of a 5K deal or LESS on a 2008 that can be Ordered... My other deal was for 5K.. Feel Free

to shoot me a message. I would still like to have a car before the end of the Year.

Thanks for Letting me VENT !!!

I am currently searching like you and If I get any leads I will let you know, my wife has given a me less of a range than 5k, I am working on the honey do list to get 2k over and that's if I am lucky, so it is probably impossible for me but I can at least try for you. is it a vert or coupe you are after and in what areas ? I am in CO.

Maybe if they can sell 2 we can both get in the cars we want (hope can't hurt lol) as I would prefer a coupe red on white or white on red 07 or 08 but am open to anything they all look great to me.

sorry just saw your sig so know what you are looking for but is any area ok?

I am currently searching like you and If I get any leads I will let you know, my wife has given a me less of a range than 5k, I am working on the honey do list to get 2k over and that's if I am lucky, so it is probably impossible for me but I can at least try for you. is it a vert or coupe you are after and in what areas ? I am in CO.

Maybe if they can sell 2 we can both get in the cars we want (hope can't hurt lol) as I would prefer a coupe red on white or white on red 07 or 08 but am open to anything they all look great to me.

Thanks.. My Signature Has the Car that I was wanting.

White/Blue Stripe Coupe

HID Lights

Inter Upgrade

Ambient Lighting.

Yeah I have done Enough Honey Do's for my Wife to agree, if I could find a deal 5K or less.

Im in Texas, but I luckily work for an Airline so going out of state to get a deal isnt an issues at all for me.

Thanks for the sentiments

Damn I'm sorry to hear that Big_Slick.

That's just messed up and I was hoping that this kind of stuff would have stopped by now.

Good luck on finding another deal.

Hopefully it will be a better deal then the last one you had.

Sorry to hear about another greedy dealer. I lost a deal for MSRP last year on an '07. Most of the dealers in North Carolina are still getting $10K - $20K over sticker. I will keep my eyes open for you.

The crazy thing is that the owner of the dealership sold big slick's car for less than they were originally going to sell it to him. BigSlick's car was sold for $2000 over to another dealer that bought it and the convertible they have. I know this because this is the same dealer that sold me mine.

The GM is the owner's son in law and a good friend of mine. My friend was devastated and has voiced his anger to the owner many times.

Up untilnow, I have been a very faithful customer to this dealership but I have to tell you that this move really bothers me. I thought I was doing a good thing hooking up one of my fellow stangers with a quality dealership. I was even looking forward to meeting up with Big Slick when he picked up his car so we could take some pics together.

BigSlick: I'll keep looking aroundand see if I can help out (you probaly don't want my help after all of this).

Take care,

CB

Sorry to hear what happened to you Big Slick. How can that guy sleep at night????

Not sure if you would be interested but I can check with my dealer who is in TX and since they are a PA winner I know they will be getting 2 allocations for MY08. The price should be $5k over but since it would be their 2nd MY08 allocation their allotment would not come up until sometime after 1/1/08.

My biggest fear once I found a deal I could live with was exactly what happened to you. That's why I talked this dealer into signing a written agreement. There's no reason he wouldn't do the same for you. Lastly, the deal would involve a $5,000 deposit but it would not be required until they order the vehicle which because of the way this dealer handles the GT500 order would not be until their allotment is granted (i.e. after 1/1/08)

If you are interested. I will call them Monday.

The crazy thing is that the owner of the dealership sold big slick's car for less than they were originally going to sell it to him. BigSlick's car was sold for $2000 over to another dealer that bought it and the convertible they have. I know this because this is the same dealer that sold me mine.

The GM is the owner's son in law and a good friend of mine. My friend was devastated and has voiced his anger to the owner many times.

Up untilnow, I have been a very faithful customer to this dealership but I have to tell you that this move really bothers me. I thought I was doing a good thing hooking up one of my fellow stangers with a quality dealership. I was even looking forward to meeting up with Big Slick when he picked up his car so we could take some pics together.

BigSlick: I'll keep looking aroundand see if I can help out (you probaly don't want my help after all of this).

Take care,

CB

CB... The GM was Awsome.. Brian is a Great guy and treated me fantastic during this whole process.. Not you nor he could have forseen the Owner pulling such a stunt. I talked with Brian for awhile this evening and he was having a hard time just trying to figure out what to say to me. But He told me striaght away what happened and how he was kept in the dark by the owner for prob a month or more from my guesstimation.

Don't worry I have family up in the KC and MO area, and we are going to have to get together a different way to take those pics together. If i get a deal, I will make plans to make the MO get together next year and bring the car up...

I plan on keeping in touch with Brian, Make sure to bring him along to the next GT500 get together if and when I get my car and can bring it up...

I have to say thanks for all the kind words from everyone... today was an extremely tough day, but you guys here have lifted my spirits... and so the search is on again.

Thank you again CB , we will be in touch.. let you know when I find a new deal.

Terry

Damn now I have to figure out how to change my signature .. I forgot already !!! LOL

sent you a pm.

Thanks StangFan...

Im off to bed... its time to end this day and start a new one fresh !!!

Thanks to those who have given me a few leads...AND THE WONERFUL

WORDS OF ENCOURAGEMENT.................... The response from

everyone has been more than I could have asked for...

GOES TO SHOW HOW MANY WONDERFUL PEOPLE THERE ARE ON THIS

SITE... :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet:

Will Let y'all know if I get lucky !!!

Thanks StangFan...

Im off to bed... its time to end this day and start a new one fresh !!!

Thanks to those who have given me a few leads...AND THE WONERFUL

WORDS OF ENCOURAGEMENT.................... The response from

everyone has been more than I could have asked for...

GOES TO SHOW HOW MANY WONDERFUL PEOPLE THERE ARE ON THIS

SITE... :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet:

Will Let y'all know if I get lucky !!!

Big Slick,

Gainesville Ford had one allocation left as of a week ago. They are at 5K over. Search em and give them a call. Speak to a sales manager named Rodney. He might be able to help. Good luck.

That sucks man. I assume you didn't have a contract?

If you want, I know of a couple dealers who I had negotiated down to $5k over before I found my MSRP deal. I'll PM them to you. Don't know if they sold their allocation to anyone else yet, but it's worth a try.

Joe G.

Hello Big_Slick737: Thank you for your letter. We have this beautiful Shelby GT500. It is well equipped as you may know. Our sell price for this Shelby GT 500 will be a firm $57255.00. If you would like to purchase this Shelby GT 500 at our selling price, we will sell it to you and not re-saleto someone else. It will be on a first come bases. If you really what our Shelby GT 500 at our price, we will honor the sell.

Sincerely,

Lou Rosario

757-749-1479

Please call me if your interested.

Im sure many of you have read the problems I have had getting information

about my Order that was Placed in Late April. Well BAD NEWS, the Owner of

the Dealership Sold both Allocations to another dealership, Both Allocations had

customers for them. Mine and Another One. :redcard:

The Owner Kept this Information from the GM all the way up until Today. The GM

called me today with the Bad News, and apologized many times.. and was just as livid as I am

at this moment. The GM has been just as frustrated about the lack of information

that he was able to provide to me, and great to deal with but was kept in the dark about

the Owners actions. I feel bad that the owner put him in that postion, to have to call

two customers that had worked out deals and give them bad news... :banghead::banghead:

But moving forward: where one door closes another one will open up. I Hope..

After a year and half of searching and hundereds of phone calls, having several deals fall through, having

my name on initial 07 order list that were thrown in the trash, having GM's agreeing to a price and Owners

going back and gouging for an extra 10 grand, when I tried to get the deals in writing, and now this.....

I am close to giving Up the search, I have spent and invested More time then I could have possibly imagined,

to end up with nothing to show for it as of today. And I know my Wife is tired of hearing me talk about the

trials and triibulations Ive gone through to try and get a car. :headspin::headspin::headspin:

So as a Last Ditch Effort:

If anyone knows of a 5K deal or LESS on a 2008 that can be Ordered... My other deal was for 5K.. Feel Free

to shoot me a message. I would still like to have a car before the end of the Year.

Thanks for Letting me VENT !!!

Hello Big_Slick737: Thank you for your letter. We have this beautiful Shelby GT500. It is well equipped as you may know. Our sell price for this Shelby GT 500 will be a firm $57255.00. If you would like to purchase this Shelby GT 500 at our selling price, we will sell it to you and not re-saleto someone else. It will be on a first come bases. If you really what our Shelby GT 500 at our price, we will honor the sell.

Sincerely,

Lou Rosario

757-749-1479

Please call me if your interested.

NO THANKS, dont feel like getting screwed again.. Unless you wanna buy me a few drinks first ???

:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::hysterical2::hysterical2::hysterical2::hysterical2:

That offer is just as bad as being an Ambulance Chaser.. Geeeze

LOL snake yeah ended up figuring that one out the hard way.. Thanks for the lead...

:happy feet:

Sorry about that. I just got my VIN from them this weekend. I'm looking at a possible week of 24 Sep delivery, but if i had to guess a better date, early Oct is more probable. My order date was 6 July........

As a Ford dealer ... that just isnt right ... this is what gives dealers a bad name. I would love to find out what store it is and give them a piece of mind.

I am truly sorry to have this happen to you ... to say its not right is a understatement

Just did a dealer inventory of Sanderson ... they have a 07 ShelbyGT500 shipped last August and a 08 that just came in. I am assuming the 07 they arent selling since they have had it so long

Hope it works out for you.

I just found out from my dealer today that I might not be getting mine till March of '08. I guess one or two other people on the list backed out and I'm number one now for an '08.

The GM said that he spoke to his zone rep last week and that December is the earliest that his first '08 allocation will be pulled. Seems alittle wierd to me. 6 months of production before getting your first one of the year. He said he was still getting 3 for the year also. Guess it's still wait and see what happens for me. With all of the wierd stuff going on I guess I'm just nervous.

That sucks man. I assume you didn't have a contract?

If you want, I know of a couple dealers who I had negotiated down to $5k over before I found my MSRP deal. I'll PM them to you. Don't know if they sold their allocation to anyone else yet, but it's worth a try.

Joe G.

Hey,

That name is trademarked! I use that as the personal plate on my Vette LOL

post-9340-1189555080_thumb.jpg

post-9340-1189555080_thumb.jpg

Archived