TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Help With VIN

rheller

On 21 Feb (coincidentally my birthday), I put a down payment on a 2008 GT500 with my local dealer. I received the DORA dated 6/13/07. I am number one in line at this dealership.

I spoke with Chris at SVT today. He told me he could track my build IF I could provide a VIN, which I need to obtain from my dealer. The sales manager told me that a VIN will be provided to them in their weekly communication from Ford; they need not ask for it. And it hasn't happened yet.

I read somewhere that the dealer should be able to call up the order number with their 5 digit dealer code into "CONCEPTS" Ford's dealer system and get a status update.

Anyone know the site address for CONCEPTS? It seems the dealer doesn't mind if I access it and plug in their code.

On 21 Feb (coincidentally my birthday), I put a down payment on a 2008 GT500 with my local dealer. I received the DORA dated 6/13/07. I am number one in line at this dealership.

I spoke with Chris at SVT today. He told me he could track my build IF I could provide a VIN, which I need to obtain from my dealer. The sales manager told me that a VIN will be provided to them in their weekly communication from Ford; they need not ask for it. And it hasn't happened yet.

I read somewhere that the dealer should be able to call up the order number with their 5 digit dealer code into "CONCEPTS" Ford's dealer system and get a status update.

Anyone know the site address for CONCEPTS? It seems the dealer doesn't mind if I access it and plug in their code.

Concepts is a dealer access site only. Ask the Dealer to call the VOPC at 1 800 962 3746 (Vehicle Order Processing Center) and they will be able to get you a vin number if it exsists. This is very simple for your dealer. He just needs the Dealer code number and the vehicle order number off the DORA.

Archived