TEAM SHELBY FORUM

My car is on the way!!!

SLB8SNK

Just got word that my car, built on 8/30, sat in "quality hold" for a couple days, and now has been assigned to E&L Transport for pickup/delivery on 9/7. :happy feet: They say might be off a day or so waiting on a full hauler and that there is only three spaces on a hauler they put the GT500's. I am out of town next week (just my luck) :banghead: but made arrangements to pick her up on 9/14 if all goes well! :happy feet:

I told the dealer about my main concern, washing the car, :finger: and he told me his porter has been with them 12 years and does a great job of cleaning and detailing and knows just what to do on the specialty cars!!! Lets hope he is right. They are going to call my cell when it arrives, park it inside, and get her ready for pick up! :happy feet:

Arggggg this is the hardest part so far... knowing it is built and on it's way, and I will be out of town!!! :banghead:

Just got word that my car, built on 8/30, sat in "quality hold" for a couple days, and now has been assigned to E&L Transport for pickup/delivery on 9/7. :happy feet: They say might be off a day or so waiting on a full hauler and that there is only three spaces on a hauler they put the GT500's. I am out of town next week (just my luck) :banghead: but made arrangements to pick her up on 9/14 if all goes well! :happy feet:

I told the dealer about my main concern, washing the car, :finger: and he told me his porter has been with them 12 years and does a great job of cleaning and detailing and knows just what to do on the specialty cars!!! Lets hope he is right. They are going to call my cell when it arrives, park it inside, and get her ready for pick up! :happy feet:

Arggggg this is the hardest part so far... knowing it is built and on it's way, and I will be out of town!!! :banghead:

Mine is also due to arrive on the 7th in NJ. CONGRATS!!!

OMG .... dan i feel your exhuberance ...... congratulations !! ..... I bet you can hardly wait to get the car !!

If I could hijack the car hauler I would!!! :hysterical2:

So let me ask, if I want an customized license plate, can I get that from the dealer or do I have to exchange it later?

if your in florida i can answer that question .... We as a dealer have a software system that allows us to access Florida DMV.

Its pretty cool actually ... we can do registrations .. renewals with decals and new plates. The plates that are assigned to us are generic sunshine plates.

What you do is you go to dmv and request a specilaty plate as did i. They will confirm its available ... and u have the dealer manually do your new plate ... and the state will give u a plate to use that u surrender when you get your personalized plate. Just let the dealer know in advance

Hopes this helps

ps: lots of talk on this forum about cheating .... well i cheated too ... and picked my car up at the railyard .. couldnt wait !!! :happy feet:

post-7556-1189093030_thumb.jpg

post-7556-1189093030_thumb.jpg

if your in florida i can answer that question .... We as a dealer have a software system that allows us to access Florida DMV.

Its pretty cool actually ... we can do registrations .. renewals with decals and new plates. The plates that are assigned to us are generic sunshine plates.

What you do is you go to dmv and request a specilaty plate as did i. They will confirm its available ... and u have the dealer manually do your new plate ... and the state will give u a plate to use that u surrender when you get your personalized plate. Just let the dealer know in advance

Hopes this helps

ps: lots of talk on this forum about cheating .... well i cheated too ... and picked my car up at the railyard .. couldnt wait !!! :happy feet:

That is pretty neat. I checked the MI DMV and the plate I want is available, so I am hoping they can do it at the dealer, otherwise I am sure they will know what actions I need to take. :headspin:

dan

what color combo did u get ?

I don't get it :banghead: Here I am in Portland on business, thinking when I get home Thursday, I will wake up on Friday and drive up 200 miles and pick my car up.... And today I call FCS and they tell me the arrival date is 9/14 Friday? How can a car that only need to travel 200 miles, leave on 9/7 and take a week to go that distance? They told me it is shipping E&L Transport, and when they told me 9/7 I thought it would take a few days, at most. But if it will not get there until 9/14, I doubt I will be able to pick it up the same day? And it is not like they can call me and I can drive right up and get it, it's three hours away!!

Arg,.... anyone know how to track a car hauler????? :banghead:

I don't get it :banghead: Here I am in Portland on business, thinking when I get home Thursday, I will wake up on Friday and drive up 200 miles and pick my car up.... And today I call FCS and they tell me the arrival date is 9/14 Friday? How can a car that only need to travel 200 miles, leave on 9/7 and take a week to go that distance? They told me it is shipping E&L Transport, and when they told me 9/7 I thought it would take a few days, at most. But if it will not get there until 9/14, I doubt I will be able to pick it up the same day? And it is not like they can call me and I can drive right up and get it, it's three hours away!!

Arg,.... anyone know how to track a car hauler????? :banghead:

If you can track a car hauler, you'd be the first one.

As far as why it takes so long, usually it's because they want to fill the hauler before sending it to save shipping costs.

Dave

As far as why it takes so long, usually it's because they want to fill the hauler before sending it to save shipping costs.

Dave

Ok well since you can not track a hauler, who is the best person to call for info? I called FCS and they have no real idea, other than the date it shows it was assigned to be released to the hauler. So would SVT or VOPC do better? There has to be a way to get a closer date.... :banghead:

Ok well since you can not track a hauler, who is the best person to call for info? I called FCS and they have no real idea, other than the date it shows it was assigned to be released to the hauler. So would SVT or VOPC do better? There has to be a way to get a closer date.... :banghead:

Neither. Once the car leaves the Autoport, it no longer belongs to Ford, so your dealer will be the only source of info...and they likely won't know anything either.

Remember, you're trying to do something that 99% of all car buyers don't do...so they don't make it easy.

Dave

Neither. Once the car leaves the Autoport, it no longer belongs to Ford, so your dealer will be the only source of info...and they likely won't know anything either.

Remember, you're trying to do something that 99% of all car buyers don't do...so they don't make it easy.

Dave

Thanks Dave..... And yes you are correct as it seems everything we do relates to 1% to NORMAL car buyers.

Dave

Wrong! It belongs to Ford until the dealer takes delivery. It is sold to the dealer before that and the dealer is invoiced before that, but up until the time of actual delivery Ford is responsible for the car.

If it falls of the truck and gets damaged or totaled, that is all on Ford and not the dealer. If it arrives damaged the dealer can refuse delivery and let it go back to Ford.

Once it is delivered and the dealer takes possession, then it belongs to the dealer and if there is any damage that the dealer didn't catch and the dealer took delivery then the damage is on the dealer to fix and pay for.

We had a crown vic coming that fell off the truck and got totaled. That was Ford's problem and between Ford and the transport company. Needless to say we never got it nor a replacement and we were to happy to not get it in the first place!

Dave

It depends on the company. Most have tracking on all their trucks and can tell where the truck is at. You would have to contact the trucking company and whether they would tell you anything or not is another matter. But most trucks now can be tracked as far as where they are at.

We had a crown vic coming that fell off the truck and got totaled. That was Ford's problem and between Ford and the transport company. Needless to say we never got it nor a replacement and we were to happy to not get it in the first place!

So, how many guys +you did it take to push the Crown Vic off the transport?? :redcard:

:hysterical2:

It depends on the company. Most have tracking on all their trucks and can tell where the truck is at. You would have to contact the trucking company and whether they would tell you anything or not is another matter. But most trucks now can be tracked as far as where they are at.

Boy, you are getting argumentative all of a sudden. Have you heard of a single person on this forum who has been able to track his/her car on a car hauler? Not me, thus my statement.

As for who owns the car once released from Autoport, the person at Ford then lied to me, because that is what they told me. Besides, you are getting into FOB shipping vs. FOB destination issues and I was trying to relate to this guy that Ford doesn't track the car once it leaves the Autoport.

Dave

Boy, you are getting argumentative all of a sudden. Have you heard of a single person on this forum who has been able to track his/her car on a car hauler? Not me, thus my statement.

As for who owns the car once released from Autoport, the person at Ford then lied to me, because that is what they told me. Besides, you are getting into FOB shipping vs. FOB destination issues and I was trying to relate to this guy that Ford doesn't track the car once it leaves the Autoport.

Dave

Dave: :P :P :P :P

I was able to track my car thru the transporter. I did some research and found out that United Road was the delivery outfit. I called there and talked to a guy who gave me the bosses number. I called the boss and he then told me that he would give the trucker my cell number and that when he loaded the car that he would call me. I asked him for his e-mail so I could send him my contact info and asked if he could e-mail me back the schedule. They did, and then the trucker called me, and I met the truck on the St. Johns bridge and took photos, video and followed it in.

Dave: :P :P :P :P

I was able to track my car thru the transporter. I did some research and found out that United Road was the delivery outfit. I called there and talked to a guy who gave me the bosses number. I called the boss and he then told me that he would give the trucker my cell number and that when he loaded the car that he would call me. I asked him for his e-mail so I could send him my contact info and asked if he could e-mail me back the schedule. They did, and then the trucker called me, and I met the truck on the St. Johns bridge and took photos, video and followed it in.

Ah ha...now you spill the beans. :banghead:

There's one...so now I am proven wrong on this point. :drool:

As of now, you'll be getting 200 PMs asking you to track their car via hauler as well as trains. :banghead:

Archived