TEAM SHELBY FORUM

ATTN: Ford Dealers

From what I have seen lately GT500 are not moving since the hype has calmed down and now they are going for m.s.r.p. which in my opinion is a good thing, I am glad to see that true fans of the cars can buy them for what they can afford and not have to pay over sticker prices, that is just my humble opinion.

These are amazing cars for the money I absolutely love my car and the only complaint that I have with it is all the rust underneath, I have seen hundreds of them with the same issue, I hope Ford catches this in their quality control program as it is an embarrassment to such a marque car.

I hope the GT500KR does not have the same rust issue on all the rear end parts.

My 2007 Shelby GT500

Ordered - 2-05-07

Build Date- 2-13-07

Delivered- 3-16-07

Ford won't do anything about the rust under the car. They already know about it.

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply
LOOK!!!! A Dead Horse!!!!! Let's all go pulverize it !!!!!! :blink:

I am fairly new here and I may be out of place but, . the horse has been rode hard and put away wet. I am on other forums and the moderator can lock the forums when it gets out of hand. This one is out of hand. I did not come here to here people argue about who got the best deal and brag about buying for MSRP. I came here to enjoy the cars and the conversation. I think we are all over 21 and can decide if the GT 500 is worth whatever price. Who cares what someon else paid? It does not make yours any cheaper. Yes, I paid over sticker and am going to have a car to drive. I am not telling anyone what I paid over retail as it is MY Business. Sorry but, I have seen and heard enough about ADM to last a lifetime. Lets get back to what we all came here for: having fun.

LOOK!!!! A Dead Horse!!!!! Let's all go pulverize it !!!!!! :blink:

I am fairly new here and I may be out of place but, . the horse has been rode hard and put away wet. I am on other forums and the moderator can lock the forums when it gets out of hand. This one is out of hand. I did not come here to here people argue about who got the best deal and brag about buying for MSRP. I came here to enjoy the cars and the conversation. I think we are all over 21 and can decide if the GT 500 is worth whatever price. Who cares what someon else paid? It does not make yours any cheaper. Yes, I paid over sticker and am going to have a car to drive. I am not telling anyone what I paid over retail as it is MY Business. Sorry but, I have seen and heard enough about ADM to last a lifetime. Lets get back to what we all came here for: having fun.

No doubt this is a very touchy issue that stirs on people's emotions that has been touched on many times - but each time it is started by someone screaming at Ford to tell their dealers to honor M.S.R.P. when Ford has no control over their dealer's pricing and "us" consumer's set the market value and pricing. Oh boy.....here we go again.

They might figure that the end user of the product can address the rust while he is under there attempting to rectify the wheel hop.

Argggg...... I give up.... your right, the GT500 is :censored: ... the dealers are :censored:, and Ford is :censored: .... you need to see if your neighbor can sell you a nice new Viper or Vette, and see if they have a forum as well!@ :banghead::banghead:

Calm down now, no need to take any of this to heart.

Interesting that you mention the Vette, just got some numbers from my friend on an 08 LS3, MN6 with the NPP Exhaust. He got me a price of a a hair over 41K, good buy and tempting, no negotiating, no BS, No "I'll talk to my manger" while they soften you up crap. This same friend put me in a 53.5K CTSV for 44.5K and my wife in a 44K Envoy Denali for 35K. No luck with a GT500 @ sticker yet, it'll happen, the prices are coming down although far slower than most of us would have guessed, no big deal at all, I can wait.

I don't think you'll be disappointed when you do get it because it's the most charasmatic car on the planet!!!

Calm down now, no need to take any of this to heart.

Interesting that you mention the Vette, just got some numbers from my friend on an 08 LS3, MN6 with the NPP Exhaust. He got me a price of a a hair over 41K, good buy and tempting, no negotiating, no BS, No "I'll talk to my manger" while they soften you up crap. This same friend put me in a 53.5K CTSV for 44.5K and my wife in a 44K Envoy Denali for 35K. No luck with a GT500 @ sticker yet, it'll happen, the prices are coming down although far slower than most of us would have guessed, no big deal at all, I can wait.

And this all means what???

I'm the MANAGER and I MAKE the deals ------------- so ???

Do pigs fly now or what????

frydguy79 .... what store do u work for ?

:rip::lastyear::devil2::extinguish: :tequila: :beatdeadhorse: :barf: :hysterical2:

...what a thread -- so fresh and new :hysterical2:

...just when you thought it was safe to look for new threads :hysterical:

...it's like deja vue all over all over all over all over again :shades: ;-)

:hysterical2:

68fastback

exactly ... several times i was going to post again ..... but its the same ole stuff .... and my responce would have been a variation of what I initially posted on page one.

So each time i chose to post ... i thought about it .. said ... "hmmmm" ..... nothing new ... and hit the delet button.

I will leave the forum with this though:

Its the dealerships responsibility to make as much money as they can and its the customers responsibility to get as a good of a deal that theyc can. That is economics 101 .

Wether its a Mustang GT .... or a KR or a SHELBYGT500. Our store decided to sell our one08 inbound GT500 to a forum member at a reduced mark up for its going to a good home ... hes happy ... we are happy.

Does this mean if he or she had kept looking they could have gotten a better deal. Possibly. But the msrp deals are far and few between.

the end

:rip::lastyear::devil2::extinguish: :tequila: :beatdeadhorse: :barf: :hysterical2:

...what a thread -- so fresh and new :hysterical2:

...just when you thought it was safe to look for new threads :hysterical:

...it's like deja vue all over all over all over all over again :shades: ;-)

:hysterical2:

I agree, but I just couldn't resist the KR contract for 5k over. Sign that sucker over to me and I'll lititgate it. It's just too good to ignore. :)

I agree, but I just couldn't resist the KR contract for 5k over. Sign that sucker over to me and I'll lititgate it. It's just too good to ignore. :)

id have to agree !

I'll front ya ..... get the car ... sell it at our dealer and split the adm :hysterical2:

I agree that he should pursue the KR under his legal rights. However, be careful of his assigning you the contract as many contracts have a no assignment clause on the back of the buyers order. It appears that venemous07GT500 needs to hire a contract attorney. He stands to gain at least $50,000. It is a no brainer as I believe the attorney fees will be added to the judgement. I do not know venemous but, if one of you is his friend, please get him to scan the contract and deposit so one of us can get a legal opinion for him. Or, if he prefers to keep it confidential at least send it to a forum friend who knows an attorney in the state where he left the deposit. By the way, who is this jerk dealer and where is he so we can all avoid him? Just my opinion, Bill

• 2 weeks later...

Hey I agree the price is way over board. BUT if you really want it bad enough get another JOB. There is no way in He## that these types of cars will be afforable to the regular joe. They are about right but you wait till Mr Shelby goes home to be with the greatest builder of all time the prices will be 3-4-5 times higher out of site except for the very RICH. See Yea Go Hawks

Archived