TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Anyone Install a Dead Pedal Cover?

6-Speed

Has anyone installed a Steeda dead pedal cover or any other type on their GT500? If so would you please post a picture?

I am not too impressed with the picture of the pedal cover that Steeda has on their web site and would like other's thoughts on the Steeda or any other dead pedal products.

Also did you have to drill any holes?

Thanks.

Has anyone installed a Steeda dead pedal cover or any other type on their GT500? If so would you please post a picture?

I am not too impressed with the picture of the pedal cover that Steeda has on their web site and would like other's thoughts on the Steeda or any other dead pedal products.

Thanks.

http://www.stangsunleashed.com/forums/inde...eeda+dead+pedal

here you go

I installed it on my car

Thanks.

I think what you are referring to is two questions I have.

1-Do you have to drill any holes in the car and is sliding the Steeda bracket under one bolt a good enough mounting job or is it not really all that stable?

2-Is there a pedal that looks the same as our other pedals and mounts easily without drilling the car?

Thanks, Mark

If any one is interested Bossreg makes these as well as custom heat shields for the CAI.

Here is a link to his post. The first post shows pics of the heat shields.

Scroll to post # 32 to see the dead pedal.

These are made of a heavy gauge stainless steel and the snake logo is cut out and not painted. I love mine!

CUSTOME DEAD PEDAL LINK

I think what you are referring to is two questions I have.

1-Do you have to drill any holes in the car and is sliding the Steeda bracket under one bolt a good enough mounting job or is it not really all that stable?

2-Is there a pedal that looks the same as our other pedals and mounts easily without drilling the car?

Thanks, Mark

1) You do not have to drill holes in your car, there is a bracket that slips into place on a bolt that is already there, you just have to loosen it.

you do have to drill the bracket to mount the pedal.

There are lots of pedals out there, I have not found one that matches the Shelby pedals in the car.

Here is a site w/ some very nice pedals...

Ultimate Pedal

Thanks for the detailed instructions Super Snake! I did a search on the subject but your thread did not appear - thanks again for pointing me in the right direction.

I am also interested in the Ultimate Pedal products that SCGT500 suggested.

http://www.ultimatepedals.com/catalog/prod...3dafa4b35558a79

I received an email from Rob on their sales staff with installation instructions and pictures.

Driver side footrest mounting instructions:

1) Place masking tape near top and bottom of factory footrest

2) Place billet aluminum footrest in car and mark two to four holes, one near the top and one near the bottom of the footrest using the countersunk holes on the front face (the face you see when you are sitting in the car), remove billet aluminum footrest.

3) Drill 1/8" holes in the center of the holes marked in step #3, remove remaining masking tape.

4) Use self tapping screws to mount the footrest.

You have to drill some holes but I'm not sure how well the screws will hold in the foam block that is underneath the Mustang's dead pedal.

Here are the pictures Rob sent - the custom engraving is pretty cool - for only $10:

post-9625-1188752650_thumb.jpg

post-9625-1188752670_thumb.jpg

post-9625-1188752681_thumb.jpg

post-9625-1188752710_thumb.jpg

post-9625-1188752650_thumb.jpg

post-9625-1188752670_thumb.jpg

post-9625-1188752681_thumb.jpg

post-9625-1188752710_thumb.jpg

Archived