TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Where's all the Atlanta area people???

Pig

Now I know Mall of Georgia & Gwinnett Place have had quite a few Shelbys pass through their hands. So where's everybody at? I'd love to get together for a cruise-in or something. Anyone know of any car shows going on? I'm just itching to hang out and have some fun. I've only seen one other in my area (white/blue coupe), and another (black/tungsten coupe) at the AMS Friday Night Street Drags. But I know you're out there so post up!

Pig

Suwanee/John's Creek Area

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Welcome Gary! Congrats on the ride. Gonna be a Merry Christmas for sure!

Seems like we gotta few coming outta the woodworks now. I knew it was only a matter of time. I actually came across a grabber orange GT500 in the Fry's parking lot in Alpharetta the other week. Poor thing was dirty as hell...looked like the guy lived on a dirt road (judging by the orange dirt covering the wheels/tires).

So is anyone up for getting together sometime? We could grab dinner and gawk at our cars or something. Hell, I dunno...any suggestions? I like young768's idea of heading up to the mountains. I know its getting chilly around here lately, but who knows? :shrug: I've been lighting em up all week in 2nd & 3rd. And I don't know about you, but this drought STILL SUCKS. I haven't washed my baby in over 3 months. :cry: I need to just find one of those DIY car washes and take my buckets. I actually got stuck in the rain on Sunday...only the second time mine's seen rain. :banghead:

Anyways, lets do...something...

Pig

Hey Pig,

Thanks. I was exchanging messages yesterday with "mciarochi". He welcomed me and we discussed a day in the mountains. Turns out we live about 5 minutes from each other. I ride my Harley in the mountains and used to take my old Triumph TR6 up Highway 60 through Suches. "Spirited driving" in the mountains has GOT to be fun in a Shelby. Even more fun with a bunch of them.

Another great day-trip is Deals Gap (NC). I am sure someone on this board has been there. The "Dragon's Tail" is an 11-mile stretch of road with 300 turns. Long day, but you can do an up and back trip.

I'll post here when I get my car - I am "in" for a group drive through the North Georgia Mountains.

Gary

That's sad about the dirty Grabber. Haven't seen it. Poor thing needs a bath!

Anyway, if you are in the 400 neighborhood, there's a Hurricane DIY car wash just west of 400 off exit 12. I bring a bucket, and use the wand w/no soap to get it wet and fill the bucket. Wash the car and wheels, then rinse everything off and dry it. With the vacuum, I end up spending less than five bucks.

Except for the five bucks, it's pretty much the same as doing it in the driveway.

I'd definitely be up for a mountain trip. I've run the "Dragon's Tail" a few times in my 96 Cobra and its a lot of fun....as long as you like roller coasters. :D

mciarochi, thanks for the info on the car wash. Thats exactly what I'm looking for, and only about 10 minutes from where I am.

• 2 weeks later...

12/16/07

I an from Douglasville, GA ordered car 7/7/07 took delivery 11/23/07 from

Andrews Ford tylertown,ms. Grabber Orange w/ White Strips

• 4 weeks later...

Check out the Georgia Regional MCA local group. Web site can be found by typing Atlanta Mustang Club in YAHOO search. We do a drivng event at Talladega Gran Prix in the spring. Have about 60 spots. Spend a day, it is a second and third geat road course, lots of track time. Come on down

• 2 weeks later...

I've sent PM's to most of ya ... but it looks like we are going to have about 5-9 SHELBY's coming from GA for our SHELBYGT500/SHELBYGT round up !! on 02/24/08

All you got to do is look at PIGS avatar .... thats last years pictures .... with 21 + cars

This we should be close to 50 + cars !!!

those interested in coming and caravaning down with others ... e-mail me at

don.donelson@bayharborford.com

Welcome SGT2807! Where ATL are you? Seems like we're getting enough people now to have a nice little get together. Any ideas? I think it may be better to wait for it to warm up a little more before heading up to the mountains.

I've sent PM's to most of ya ... but it looks like we are going to have about 5-9 SHELBY's coming from GA for our SHELBYGT500/SHELBYGT round up !! on 02/24/08

All you got to do is look at PIGS avatar .... thats last years pictures .... with 21 + cars

This we should be close to 50 + cars !!!

those interested in coming and caravaning down with others ... e-mail me at

don.donelson@bayharborford.com

What Don said! I'll be heading down for sure. I'll prolly head out sometime friday and swing by Jax on the way to grab a friend. Seems like there'll be a lot going on that weekend in Orlando area.

Here's a link for more info...

Welcome SGT2807! Where ATL are you? Seems like we're getting enough people now to have a nice little get together. Any ideas? I think it may be better to wait for it to warm up a little more before heading up to the mountains.

What Don said! I'll be heading down for sure. I'll prolly head out sometime friday and swing by Jax on the way to grab a friend. Seems like there'll be a lot going on that weekend in Orlando area.

PIG

can u count ????? :hysterical2:

WERE TALKING 41 confirmed cars and more vendors which means more door prizes ... :happy feet: :happy feet:

Ill start coordinating first of th Feb and get all u GA boys and girls together so u can caravan down ...

ALL GEORGIA PEOPLE .... we should be having 5-8 SHELBY's coming down to the 2nd Annual SHELBY get together in Orlando Florida on 02/24/2008

We have picked up a few more vendors and ... we are over 50 confirmed cars.

It wouldnt surprise me to see as many as 60-70 cars at this event :happy feet:

I will coordinate getting everyone in touch with one another so that you can caravan down together ...

hotel arrignements are being made too !

To all Attendees

Show will start about 10 am ... 02/24/2008 .. and close down late late afternoon. Its being held in Oviedo Florida ( Orlando )

Sign up will be from 10am to 12pm .... Free hats and posters will be handed out at the sign in desk compliments of FoMoCo. After you sign in we will have wash stations available but since we are having so many cars we will also have directions on the final e-mail ... the locations of do it yourself car washes nearby. After your car is clean, you'll park it and get it ready for the car show.

Justin of VMP tuning will also be set up ready to accept any and all who want there car dynoed and or tuned if time permits. Dynoing a car is quicker than tuning it ... tuning takes time which I am not sure if he will have that luxury ...

We will have food and drinks catered from Sonnys Barbecue so get your appetite in high gear !!

The car show will begin right after lunch ... numerous awards will be given out for different categories. We all vote and the voting will be explained at the Show.

We will close by awarding all the car awards and the free gifts and parts that have been generously donated by the following vendors: :bowdown:

FoMoCo, Ford Credit, Evolution, VMP Tuning , JLT Perf, Stillen Perf, Lethal Perf, Shelby Perf, Stillen and a new sponser ... Lamotta Perforamce .... out of Longwood .. Thanks Jake !!

This year we will have several of the vendors bringing trailers to display there products at the show ... you will see all the neat stuff that you can put on your SHELBY to make it go and look faster

Also Sharon and Robert of TEAM SHELBY should be there and we are expecting a mystery guest that I cant name but this person is alone worth the trip down.

Through a friend of mine who is also on the forum, he knows Mark Fields of FoMoCo and is asking him to come to our event ! ... He owns a GT500 and has a house on the East Coast of Florida Hell while I am at .. might as well ask Bill and Edsel toooo :hysterical2:

Paying for the event is as Follows:

$20 per person .... all payments need to be sent to and payable to

Don Donelson

1908 S McCall Rd

Englewood, Fl 34223

or paypal at

onebadsho@hotmail.com

Very important when you pay to list your name .. your cell # ... your screen name .... how many will be in your party and what type of car do you own .. vert/coupe .... ShelbyGT500 or ShelbyGT

I am finalizing the "Yes I am attending list" and will be e-mailing everyone specific directions .... the address ... phone numbers ... and the itinerary of the days events !!

This is the most specific e-mail to date and I will be refreshing all the threads

PLEASE LOOK IN TEAM SHELBY FOR THE NEW FORUM ( AT THE BOTTOM OF THE THIS PAGE ) UNDER SHELBY FLORIDA ..... this will allow you to find find our posts quicker :happy feet:

Anyone that has any questions can contact me via PM or e-mail at

don.donelson@bayharborford.com or call 941-475-5444

A new tally of confirmed cars will be out in the next few days but it should be over 50 cars :happy feet: :happy feet:

Thanks for the howdy Pig. I'm in Dunwoody. I may be able to get to Orlando, depending on work travel. I'm free most any Sunday and Metro meet locations aren't a problem.

Perry

I'm new to this fourm. I own a 2008 Shelby GT number 1220. I live north of Douglasville and South of Hiram off hwy 92. Just joined the Regional Atlanta (Georgia) Mustang club. I would love to make the florida get together on the 24th. Are there any closer get togethers planned soon?

John Rehder

2008 Vista Blue Gt #1220

Now I know Mall of Georgia & Gwinnett Place have had quite a few Shelbys pass through their hands. So where's everybody at? I'd love to get together for a cruise-in or something. Anyone know of any car shows going on? I'm just itching to hang out and have some fun. I've only seen one other in my area (white/blue coupe), and another (black/tungsten coupe) at the AMS Friday Night Street Drags. But I know you're out there so post up!

Pig

Suwanee/John's Creek Area

Shelby_front_driver_view.JPG

Shelby_front_driver_view.JPG

In Buckhead - White/Blue 07 GT 500 and White/Silver 07 Shelby GT - was in Vegas for the 85th party!! Always up for a ride - and I will ride in the rain if I have to...

SGT0027

John Nail

Welcome John! Hey, you didn't happen to be out on Piedmont last saturday night in your White SGT around 10-11pm did you? I was out with some friends and pulled up next to a White/Silver SGT with 2 guys in it. :shrug:

I'm new to this fourm. I own a 2008 Shelby GT number 1220. I live north of Douglasville and South of Hiram off hwy 92. Just joined the Regional Atlanta (Georgia) Mustang club. I would love to make the florida get together on the 24th. Are there any closer get togethers planned soon?

John Rehder

2008 Vista Blue Gt #1220

Welcome to you too, John! That's a sweet looking ride for sure! I also tried joining the Atlanta Mustang Club, but got a dead link to their membership form. :shrug:

It looks like events are starting to pop up here and in the southeast. There's going to be a Ford car show on Feb 17th at the Atlanta Brewing Company. $20 to enter and another $7 buys a pint glass for some free Red Brick! :beerchug: Seems like a good opener for getting together if anyone's interested. Here's some links...HERE 1...and HERE 2.

There's also the Oviedo, FL show on Feb 24th...which I'll be going to. I don't know when I'll be heading down yet. I may leave Friday morning, but I might be stopping in Jax to pick up a friend. He hasn't confirmed yet, so its all still up in the air right now. If anyone wants to caravan, let me know and we'll see if we can work something out.

And there's the SCMC/MGW Spring Drag Day @ "The Rock" (Rockingham, NC) on March 22nd. I'm on the fence about this one because of the 5 hour drive, and it sounds like they're going to be strict with the vert/roll bar rules. Although I could take my 96, but it just doesn't have the extra grunt that the Shelby does. Who knows...still sounds like a good time.

And of course we've got Fun Ford Weekend in Commerce on April 10-13. I definitely gotta go at least one day...love Fun Ford. I'm like a kid in a frickin candy store droolin all over everything. Hell, speaking of Fun Ford...its in Orlando the weekend after the Oviedo show! Think I could convince my wife to let me stay the week??? :hysterical2:

Anyways, I'm sure there's others I've missed. Just looking forward to seeing some nice cars & meet good people.

Pig

• 2 weeks later...

Archived