TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Joe G's Pizza Place

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was in the middle of doing a fuel pump ectomy on a friends SUV when my dealer called and told me they had excepted my offer, I was 1/4 into it and had to finish it as Tom was here waiting on his car. As soon as I dropped it off the lift, and checked it for leaks and proper performance I jumped in the shower and we headed to the dealership didn't even eat lunch (30 miles ) I will never forget the feeling driving home. SWEET

So has a date been set yet????

When is the bid day???

I would have been there waiting this morning before they opened!

No date yet.

Two issues - prior travel for work the next 2 weeks and the 2 day drive home necessitates Mrs G coming along (who will watch the 2 kids?).

It's killing me knowing it's 1300 miles away instead of in the garage.

How do you handle it?

With two hands.

I just read my post to Christine.

I told her about my delivery experience with my first Mustang - the '85 GT.

I can still remember it like it was last week!

A black hatchback.

Sticker was about $10k!

The ride home was one to remember. :happy feet:

No date yet.

Two issues - prior travel for work the next 2 weeks and the 2 day drive home necessitates Mrs G coming along (who will watch the 2 kids?).

It's killing me knowing it's 1300 miles away instead of in the garage.

With two hands.

I don't know how you are holding up Joe. Ever hear of calling in sick. Spotted fever sounds good, or the Bubonic plaque, yeah that's it. They'll beg you not come in for a couple of weeks. And while you are home convelesing (right), you could sneak down to pick up the car. Good idea, no? :hysterical2:

Joe will arrive at the dealership in Lurker's Aveo (with Ms. G).

He'll see carnut out front.

Several salespeople will be standing around talking about ADMs and using a toothpick after eating pastrami.

He'll get out of Lurker's car. The sales rep will recognize me from that time at the sauna.

A set of keys will be dangling in his right hand. His left hand will be playing pocket pool.

After shaking Joe's hand - the salesman will ask to buy Lurker's Aveo.

Lurker will open the door - climb out of the Aveo, and talk about Korean quality, the Aveo's compression ratio, and the vinyl interior, all in an effort to increase trade-in value.

The smell is of feathers and road meat.

Those who have been standing nearby will draw closer for a look at the Aveo. They want to hear the car come to life.

Joe finds keys for his new car - he pauses. He remembers how long he's waited for this car. Back home in Korea, a restored Aveo waits for a stablemate. He thinks about fishing. He needs bait. A woman comes out from the dealership.

She reaches up - and lowers her top.

When the top is down - Lurker twists his key.

His left leg muscles tense as the 5 hp engine crackles and whines to life.

When the engine reaches the 2,700 RPM redline - he blips the throttle. The car stalls.

The "top lowering" activity brings smiles to those around the car. The salesman increases the pocket pool speed.

It's going to be a ride home - to remember. Carnut has not moved the entire time of this story.

by Ruf -

WTF?

:redcard:

Hey, Joe!

How are you managing the Wait?

I wish your car was closer - I'd sneek down there and snap some pics!

Have you told anybody about the car?

Got a vanity tag picked out?

Have you decided on where you'll be flying in to?

I'm still shaking my head about how many things had to fall into place for this to happen.

I think he told me the car comes with a Shelby car cover.

Yes it does!

It shows as a dealer installed option. Ford ships those to the dealership seperately from the car. So make sure you check and make sure you get it!

They can sometimes forget things like that because they get shipped to the parts department and they may store that somewhere inside the dealership. Some will just put them in the trunk. So don't forget to check for that and make sure you get it with the car.

Hey, Joe!

How are you managing the Wait? :banghead:

I wish your car was closer - I'd sneek down there and snap some pics! - they were supposed to take some today... nothing yet! :camera:

Have you told anybody about the car? - besides the 10,000+ on this forum? :hysterical2:

Got a vanity tag picked out? - not yet, any suggestions (no more than 7 digits)

Have you decided on where you'll be flying in to? - not yet, working out when I can get out of work committments

I'm still shaking my head about how many things had to fall into place for this to happen. - no doubt!

See above...

Archived