TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Super Snake list

Just received an email from SIA. asking the number of people on the list and where I am on it. It says the names are not numbered on the list there is just a list with names and phone numbers and that my name is on the fisrt page of approximatley 1100 people. I called to be put on the list June 22, 2007. just some info for the readers

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just received an email from SIA. asking the number of people on the list and where I am on it. It says the names are not numbered on the list there is just a list with names and phone numbers and that my name is on the fisrt page of approximatley 1100 people. I called to be put on the list June 22, 2007. just some info for the readers

From what I heard, it is now around 1600! Good thing they are limiting production...

I am the proud owner of a low number of SSK GT500's AKA [super Snake Killer]...... :hysterical2: sorry my bad..... :hysterical:

I hear ya BadBoy. I got the call today and told them to take me off the list. As much as I would like an SS they will not provide any power over the 600 Crank HP for the vert and I am pushing over 700 RWHP now. I can not see going back at this point. I am very happy though for everyone that is getting the package as it will be something very special. Congrats to you all! I will have to settle for MrFarmdog's home grown version. There are a few things I would consider adding to my car that are part of the package however (i.e. hood, front brake cooling, etc.). The SS look is BadA$$!

1600 is the number of days that pass between the day when you place an order with SAI and the day that you receive your order. :redcard:

I'll bet that number gets a lot smaller as deposits are called for. I know my name is on the SS list still, but I won't be buying....

Very true! They are running at about a 55% accepting number!

I actually LOVE it.... The SS will be rarer than 1,000 for '07s IMO!!

Questions??

Is there anyone else that is SSing their black vert??

Just curious......

Also who put a deposit down recently? What CSM#?

Again just curious...

Thanks!

Back in May, I had Bud put me on the list for the SS ('07 black vert), but no word from SAI yet. Now that I know what they'll cost, I'm pretty sure I'll have to pass. Mind you, with the Canadian dollar continuing to rise (parity today), it's getting cheaper all the time. Who knows? :waiting:

I heard that there was 2 canadians at #191

Back in May, I had Bud put me on the list for the SS ('07 black vert), but no word from SAI yet. Now that I know what they'll cost, I'm pretty sure I'll have to pass. Mind you, with the Canadian dollar continuing to rise (parity today), it's getting cheaper all the time. Who knows? :waiting:

For the Canucks, would you have the conversion done in Canada if you had the opportunity? Just curious

Talked to Doug at SAI today. He says scheduling calls are to start at the end of October or beginning of November. He's not sure of the production rate. Maybe first 100 cars will be completed by the end of the year.

That's in Vegas.... I wonder how many Tasca will pump out?

Very curious if they will start production before being finished calling everyone... Interesting.

For the Canucks, would you have the conversion done in Canada if you had the opportunity? Just curious

I think it would depend on who would be doing it, the cost, and where they are. Costs seem to go up once products cross the border, regardless of the dollar difference. The usual stuff... Certainly a local (Alberta) or near-local (Vancouver) location would get serious consideration, but there's something about getting Shelby upgrades done at Shelby Autos that has strong appeal. Not to mention a longer ROAD TRIP! :shift:

From what I heard, it is now around 1600! Good thing they are limiting production...

Bud added my name to the list on May 10th. I asked Adrienne a couple of days ago if I was on the list. Here is her email reply today:

"In response to your voice mail-Yes you are definately on our list. There are currently1700+ people on the list right now and we are working hard to get thru everyone. I promise everyone will get a phone call-we just ask that everyone be patient. Thank you for your interest-we are glad everyone is loving the package!"

Still not sure if I'll do it, but at least I can start planning for the call. For those that did receive a call, can you provide some feedback as to how the discussion went? I'm sure it was more than:

1) Introductions

2) Do you want the conversion?

3) Send money

4) We'll call

How much detail did they cover, are they available for a call back, and how long did you have to decide after they called? Thanks. :snake:

Bud added my name to the list on May 10th. I asked Adrienne a couple of days ago if I was on the list. Here is her email reply today:

"In response to your voice mail-Yes you are definately on our list. There are currently1700+ people on the list right now and we are working hard to get thru everyone. I promise everyone will get a phone call-we just ask that everyone be patient. Thank you for your interest-we are glad everyone is loving the package!"

Still not sure if I'll do it, but at least I can start planning for the call. For those that did receive a call, can you provide some feedback as to how the discussion went? I'm sure it was more than:

1) Introductions

2) Do you want the conversion?

3) Send money

4) We'll call

How much detail did they cover, are they available for a call back, and how long did you have to decide after they called? Thanks. :snake:

They don't go over too much more than what you said....

You can call back and let them know.

I waited til I saw the SS at Tasca and I was called about 2 weeks before the event.

You can ask questions but they don't have many answers to the items that are not obvious.

BUT... they do ask for money and say that they will be in touch soon...

A little disappointing but I'm excited nevertheless!!! :happy feet:

Any other specific questions let me know. -- Keith

Talked to Doug at SAI today. He says scheduling calls are to start at the end of October or beginning of November. He's not sure of the production rate. Maybe first 100 cars will be completed by the end of the year.

Doug at SAI told me that in terms of paid deposits there is still lots of room for both years. The big list means nothing really, it's who shows up with the cash.

Doug at SAI told me that in terms of paid deposits there is still lots of room for both years. The big list means nothing really, it's who shows up with the cash.

I'd be curious to know how many of the 405 Canadian cars are slated for the SS conversion.

Yes Chris, doing some homework. ;)

I got my name on the list but i might have to decline. I dont think a white convertable with black stripes would look good and also limited to the 600hp version for 28 grand. I know it might seem petty but i would spend alot of money to have it the way i want it. I wish i would have got a red or GO coupe for the super snake package. They do look very hot!!!

I got my name on the list but i might have to decline. I dont think a white convertable with black stripes would look good and also limited to the 600hp version for 28 grand. I know it might seem petty but i would spend alot of money to have it the way i want it. I wish i would have got a red or GO coupe for the super snake package. They do look very hot!!!

I think white with black stripes would look sharp!

As for the 600HP, How much is enough???

Alan

Archived