TEAM SHELBY FORUM

SVT - will not Release Total Sequential Production Numbers

Speedo24

I just got off the phone with Jeff at SVT.

I was shocked when he told me the following:

#532 out of 8150 Coupes.

#79 out of 1689 Black Coupes.

Great info and glad to have it, But

I asked for my number with the Coupe and Vert combined - This is our actual sequential production number!

He said that SVT has never released that information before, and he didnt think they would do it for this car.

He also said, that "this is the information they will release", and as far as anyone is concerned this is my number!

So I am number 532 out of coupes, but what is my actual sequential build number? Isnt that what we all want to know????

Its not like it will change anything, I love this car!

But I would like to know!

And I was waiting for this info to send something into Carroll for Signing - but I wanted him to put my sequential build number on there!

#532 isnt my sequential number, there were some verts built in between these coupes!

I know Ford sometimes reads on this forum - So come on - give us what we want!

All the other info is great, and I know its accurate and informative,

but I think everyone on this forum wants their sequential build number -with coupes and verts combined, (number ???? out of Total gt500's for 07).

So, do I send in for my #532 autograph, or what do I do now?

Any thoughts guys? (And I guess there is 2 number 532's for GT500's - mine the coupe and some other guy with a vert)

Brian

Any thoughts guys? (And I guess there is 2 number 532's for GT500's - mine the coupe and some other guy with a vert)

Brian

hi brian,i would just get the dash plaque with your full vin #.i think it is a nice touch rather than have # 532/auto as people will always ask you what the #532 means and then you will have to explain the confusion. also the svt certificate to be released soon at $40 each will be a nice touch to show off on your window and it will have the info that you just talked about.

post-5661-1188507570_thumb.jpg

post-5661-1188507570_thumb.jpg

#532 out of 8150 Coupes.

I asked for my number with the Coupe and Vert combined - This is our actual sequential production number!

He said that SVT has never released that information before, and he didnt think they would do it for this car.

He also said, that "this is the information they will release", and as far as anyone is concerned this is my number!

So I am number 532 out of coupes, but what is my actual sequential build number? Isnt that what we all want to know????

Its not like it will change anything, I love this car!

But I would like to know!

And I was waiting for this info to send something into Carroll for Signing - but I wanted him to put my sequential build number on there!

#532 isnt my sequential number, there were some verts built in between these coupes!

I know Ford sometimes reads on this forum - So come on - give us what we want!

All the other info is great, and I know its accurate and informative,

but I think everyone on this forum wants their sequential build number -with coupes and verts combined, (number ???? out of Total gt500's for 07).

Brian

Put a C behind your number (or V) as appropriate and your done. Simple, no?

#532 out of 8150 Coupes.

Brian

Jeff's a great guy....but as for what they're all saying about not having ever provided total run numbers....that would be incorrect. Here's an example:

SVTCERT.bmp

In 2003 there were 2003 10th Anniversary Editions that (I'm almost 100% certain) were part of the 5,000 total run. The numbers on this certificate clearly weren't for coupes or 'verts only.

bj

SVTCERT.bmp

Jeff's a great guy....but as for what they're all saying about not having ever provided total run numbers....that would be incorrect. Here's an example:

SVTCERT.bmp

In 2003 there were 2003 10th Anniversary Editions that (I'm almost 100% certain) were part of the 5,000 total run. The numbers on this certificate clearly weren't for coupes or 'verts only.

bj

Here's a helpful site for SVT Cobra production numbers. They even have the breakdown of color/interior. I thought all Cobras had leather. :shrug:

From the info there, for 2003 there were 8394 Coupes + 5082 Verts for a total production of 13,776. Now it doesn't say anything about the 10th Anniversary, but I assume they were included in that total also. And actually that cert says "2003 SVT Mustang Cobra Convertible" being #253 of 5082. I actually found out this info today, looking for the '96 numbers. I always thought that there were a Total of 7496 Cobras for 96, turns out that was just the coupes.

Here's my 96 cert...and while it doesn't specifically say "Coupe," it does only have the coupe numbers.

96_SVT_Cobra_Certificate.jpg

Kincobra, good to hear from ya.....

Yes, I love the Dash Plague. Its awesome, I got mine and its sweet. I removed my SVT Door sill Plates, and Installed the Gt500 ones that came with it, thats what I wanted to have signed by Carroll, The SVT Plates, thought it might add a nice touch, his sig on one side, my number on the other, and since I have named my car, I was going to ask for that name to be next to the #532. I named it "Chloe". And I am on the list for the Certificate, cant wait to get it.

Carnut,

I have to say, I like it. #532C. Problem sovled! or should it be #C532? Thoughts? we all need to be consitent here.

vnmous,

I have talked to Jeff and Chris, and they were both very nice and great to talk to. And I am on the call back list for the cert. I was like a kid in a candy store when they told me my numbers, thought I might try them numbers in the lotto this week, and I called back to verify i had wrote my #'s down correctly and to ask the total question, I just thought, the production numbers were done by total GT500"s first, then coupe or vert, then color, then stripes maybe.

The SVT cert says Cobra Convertable - thats how Jeff said it always has been done.

Str8black500,

my build date on my paperwork from the dealer was 6-14-06, but SVT says 6-26, I wonder if it was started on 6-14 and completed on 6-26?

And Yes call SVT at 1-800-367 3788, those guys are fun to talk to, very nice and glad to answer anything they can for you, for free.

Brian

Here's a helpful site for SVT Cobra production numbers. They even have the breakdown of color/interior. I thought all Cobras had leather. :shrug:

From the info there, for 2003 there were 8394 Coupes + 5082 Verts for a total production of 13,776. Now it doesn't say anything about the 10th Anniversary, but I assume they were included in that total also. And actually that cert says "2003 SVT Mustang Cobra Convertible" being #253 of 5082. I actually found out this info today, looking for the '96 numbers. I always thought that there were a Total of 7496 Cobras for 96, turns out that was just the coupes.

Here's my 96 cert...and while it doesn't specifically say "Coupe," it does only have the coupe numbers.

post-8390-1188525333_thumb.jpg

You're right. I forgot about that site...and the numbers are on a couple of others. I stand corrected (and to you as well Jeff!)

bj

Kincobra, good to hear from ya.....

Yes, I love the Dash Plague. Its awesome, I got mine and its sweet. I removed my SVT Door sill Plates, and Installed the Gt500 ones that came with it, thats what I wanted to have signed by Carroll, The SVT Plates, thought it might add a nice touch, his sig on one side, my number on the other, and since I have named my car, I was going to ask for that name to be next to the #532. I named it "Chloe". And I am on the list for the Certificate, cant wait to get it.

Carnut,

I have to say, I like it. #532C. Problem sovled! or should it be #C532? Thoughts? we all need to be consitent here.

vnmous,

I have talked to Jeff and Chris, and they were both very nice and great to talk to. And I am on the call back list for the cert. I was like a kid in a candy store when they told me my numbers, thought I might try them numbers in the lotto this week, and I called back to verify i had wrote my #'s down correctly and to ask the total question, I just thought, the production numbers were done by total GT500"s first, then coupe or vert, then color, then stripes maybe.

The SVT cert says Cobra Convertable - thats how Jeff said it always has been done.

Str8black500,

my build date on my paperwork from the dealer was 6-14-06, but SVT says 6-26, I wonder if it was started on 6-14 and completed on 6-26?

And Yes call SVT at 1-800-367 3788, those guys are fun to talk to, very nice and glad to answer anything they can for you, for free.

Brian

It doesn't take 12 days to build a car.

What kind of paperwork was this from your dealer? Maybe they had a scheduled date of 6/14 and it was pushed back to 6/26?

What is your vin? I will check and see what it says on my end.

IMO - If we can't get the actual sequential build number, it's because Ford/SVT consider this car to be 51% theirs & not a true Carroll Shelby produced car :banghead: True "older" Shelbys have sequential build numbers & you can get a Martini report on all the stats broken down to options, colors, stripes, and deletes, not just limited info we are getting now.

But hey, what are you gonna do? Not drive it :hysterical:

True "older" Shelbys have sequential build numbers & you can get a Martini report on all the stats broken down to options, colors, stripes, and deletes, not just limited info we are getting now.

Martini report?? :hysterical2:

I'd like to report that my martini is dry and includes an olive! :tequila:

:hysterical2:

I believe Shelby stats are obtained from Kevin Marti, who has the "Marti report"...

http://www.martiauto.com/

Sorry CWHR... was just too funny to let slide.

:party:

Martini report?? :hysterical2:

I'd like to report that my martini is dry and includes an olive! :tequila:

:hysterical2:

I believe Shelby stats are obtained from Kevin Marti, who has the "Marti report"...

http://www.martiauto.com/

Sorry CWHR... was just too funny to let slide.

:party:

your right :party:

I'll have another please :beerchug:

:tequila:

Archived