TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Shelby GT500 Autobahn Run - video from tonight 0828

davidnz

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Way to go guys. Now it's time for some mods and get that limiter removed. We'll be looking for another video. Recommend the JLT/CAI and Evolution Stage II for starters.

By The sound on the tape i say he has done some mods as you can hear the SC very clearly...

I thought I read that it did. But not sure.

HSURB

Yes - Fred removes it with the Stage I tune. You can put it back - your option on the limiter is 125mph or none. Also - Fred made my rev limiter 6600 on the Stgae I - I put it back to 6200. Since we did the Stage II - my rev limiter is way up - not sure what it is - I need to put it back down.

Whoooo ... that was sweet ..... and legal .... at least i dont think there are any speed limits on the Autobahn

Whoooo ... that was sweet ..... and legal .... at least i dont think there are any speed limits on the Autobahn

No speed limits when I was on it in 1989...I don't think it's changed. Unfortunately didn't have a GT500 like in the commercial, but a low-end Audi company car. It was an Audi 80 (I think) which is probably equivalent to an A4 today. Drove from Frankfurt to Amsterdam floored the whole way at 200 kmh (120 MPH). That baby was swimming all over the place though....I was young and fearless at the time. Cool thing was there were bimmers and Mercedes (big ones unlike what they import here) that blew by me at speeds I'm guessing approached 200 MPH. Little scary. I'd LOVE the opportunity to go back and unleash the Shelby there.

As far as speed limits on the autobahn goes... It depends on where on the road you are. In closer to the cities and major populated areas, they have begun to post and enforce speed limits on the autobahn. However most of the road still has no speed limit, only suggested speeds.

Yes, I watch The Discovery Channel, too.

that is a great video,i would love to drive the autobahn some day.

i have the mph limiter disabled on my car and i had it to 167 last month in utah and let off of it and it was pullin hard (chickened out).

my wife and i have taked about doin the cannonball europe,i would love to drive that road.

post more videos

have a great day

george

Great video! I would certainly like to drive the Autobahn at least once in my lifetime, preferably with my Shelby (like that guy in the Ford commercial). However, the cost of bringing it there and back would be prohibitive. Leasing a 911 for a few days would be a better option.

Great video! I would certainly like to drive the Autobahn at least once in my lifetime, preferably with my Shelby (like that guy in the Ford commercial). However, the cost of bringing it there and back would be prohibitive. Leasing a 911 for a few days would be a better option.

Hi Eric. Hope you're doing well.

Actually the Ford commercial was shot in Canada.

Really? Interesting.

Cool vid! Make me think how lucky I was to drive svtbird91's -- had it up to 140+ in the first 5 minutes ;)

...and it felt like 85!

With stage-4 and 3.73s, I think it will get up near 200mph ...even with it's less-than-ideal aerodynamics. :happy feet:

...now if there was only a good place to test it round here ;)

:happy feet: 157 :happy feet:

Wonder how fast it could go without a speed limiter on?

Maybe I am the fastest Shelby driver here, since I am driving on the Autobahn every week. Top speed I reched with my modifications is 316km/h, verified by GPS, since the Speedo ends at 260 km/h. 316km/h is roughly 196mph and there was some power left so I estimate a top speed of over 200mph for the car.

Maybe I am the fastest Shelby driver here, since I am driving on the Autobahn every week. Top speed I reched with my modifications is 316km/h, verified by GPS, since the Speedo ends at 260 km/h. 316km/h is roughly 196mph and there was some power left so I estimate a top speed of over 200mph for the car.

Great news, Bandit!! I thought as much.

Was she feeling stable still? Any chassis/engine mods? Gears?

Sounds like fun! :wub: ;-)

Dan

Great news, Bandit!! I thought as much.

Was she feeling stable still? Any chassis/engine mods? Gears?

Sounds like fun! :wub: ;-)

Dan

To be honest, it was scary to drive that fast on a road with normal traffic, but also pure adrenalin. Mods at that time were the TVS blower, UCAs and 3.73 gears. Car was feeling stable all the time. On another trip I went over 290km/h while my 10 year old son was bored and slept in the back.

Ralf

Archived