TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Production Numbers- Ford/Shelby Come to an Agreement

gabed1

I'll have to give them a call tomorrow and ask but is there anyway of finding out Canadian build numbers since their was only around 500 sent up here...I was told only 8% were 'verts the rest were coupes... :shrug:

Nice pic of the CN Tower!

Mike

• Replies 353
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Info from previous posts on one page;

Total 2007 GT 500 Production = 10,844 (8,150 Coupes + 2,694 Verts)

8,150 Coupes

Color breakdown

White 2,250 (128 Redline - White with Red Stripe package)

Red 2,153

Black 1,689 (169 Redline - Black with Red Stripe package)

Blue 1,054

Tungsten 384

Alloy 338

Orange 282

2,694 Verts

Color breakdown

Black 858

Red 809

White 325

Blue 283

Orange 160

Tungsten 151

Alloy 108

Black w/Black 30 = 2724

Minus the Black on Black - Total = 2694

Guessing these were for Carroll Shelby.

Here are the correct # from SVT for the Verts.

Black w/Black 30

Alloy 108

Tungsten 151

Orange 160

Blue 283

White 325

Red 809

Black 858

If you minus the Black on Black.

I am quessing they were for Carroll Shelby.

Total

What do they mean by Black w/Black 30????

Black w/Black what?

Most of the Black verts were Black w/Black. So I don't understand what they mean by that???

What do they mean by Black w/Black 30????

Black w/Black what?

Most of the Black verts were Black w/Black. So I don't understand what they mean by that???

i think black w/ black is black ext and black int with no gt 500 stripe on the bottom.

I believe Black/Black is a Black with Black stripes... I was talking to a guy who saw one and asked me if you could order them that way... He said they were like a flat black colour...

Anybody got any info on mine? Have not had a chance to call them:

Build date-5/24/2006

Vin # 195903

BLACK VERT/ BLACK TOP/ BLACK INTERIOR WITH RED ACCENTS WITH STRIPE DELETE KIT.

I was told that 5 cars were to be shipped thru out the Atlanta district for display only until job 1. They could not sell it to me untill then but it didn't arrive until 7/31/2007. Any info would be greatly appreciated. I also had heard that cars built under 5999 vin numbers were mule cars?? I also found a supervisors check list in the back seat that I kept.

Thanks

Production date is the day it gets completed coming off the line.

The build number is based on the vin number sequence. All vin numbers run in numerical sequence starting with 000001, 000002, 000003, etc.

The reason you can't tell your actual build number from your vin on the GT500 is because the vin numbers all run in sequence based on every car they build at that plant. So the vin numbers run in sequence with all mustangs and mazdas built there.

The last 6 numbers of the vin are the build numbers. For example, the last 6 of my vin is, 225464. So that would mean my car was the 225,464th car built at that plant for the 07 model year. But it was the 1,260th GT500 Coupe built. And the 163rd Vista Blue GT500 Coupe Built.

So be before my car was built they had built 225,463 other mustangs and mazdas combined.

As for those asking whether their cars were set aside because of the shaker 1000 on the verts, no. They were just never scheduled and remained in the order system on material hold until they had the shaker 1000 issue resolved which was around Nov of 06. Until they actually pull the order and schedule it they won't issue a full vin. Anything prior to that is only a partial vin. The partial vin only identifies the make, model, year, etc. Anything that would have no affect on the build numbers. The build numbers are all based on the last 6 digits of the vin number which is the part of the full vin you will not get until the schedule the car to be built.

At least this is my understanding of how this all works.

Hey we are close; my car is number 170 of Vista Blue what was your build date? Mine was 8/16/06

Just got off the phone with SVT. Certs still 2 weeks out. Here are my numbers they gave me.

White coupe build date 1/04/07, 4324 of 8150 coupes and 1048 of 2250 white color.

Red coupe build date 5/14/07, 7367 of 8150 coupes and 2039 of 2153 red color.

I'm #667 of 2250 Performance White Coupes

and #2,819 of 8150 total Coupes

it's also 1 of 2,099 White Coupes with Charcoal Black Interior

1 of 2,037 White Coupes with Vista Blue Stripes

:cold: I'm confused. You say 1 of 2,099 white coupes with charcoal black....but I thought charcoal black was the ONLY interior color available...and if that's the case, why would it be 1 of 2,099 versus 1 of 2,250 (the reported number for total white coupes made).

Thanks in advance for clarifying.

Dave

:cold: I'm confused. You say 1 of 2,099 white coupes with charcoal black....but I thought charcoal black was the ONLY interior color available...and if that's the case, why would it be 1 of 2,099 versus 1 of 2,250 (the reported number for total white coupes made).

Dave

The Crimson/Charcoal interior is an available option. Charcoal is not the only interior available. I'm wondering if SVT will break down the production #'s into stripe color options and crimson interior option?

Dave

charcoal black may be the only option for a white/blue stripe, but it's avail with other stripe colors (like the Red Stripe pkg cars as an example).

coupe # 489

# 170 Red

Edit: Build date 6/27/06

Interesting. I'm 488 and 169. Hey, email me your VIN and let's see how many cars were on the line between mine and yours!!

bj

Dave

Several colors had the option of getting the red inserts and white was one of them.

charcoal black may be the only option for a white/blue stripe, but it's avail with other stripe colors (like the Red Stripe pkg cars as an example).

Ah...now I see what he meant after reading SD's post....I was brain blocked into seeing Coldy's car as white/blue....and SD correctly pointed out that white cars can come with other stripes for which the crimson inserts were offered. Thanks to all for clarifying.

Dave

Red, White, Alloy, Tungsten and Black were all available with either Dark Charcoal OR Dark Charcoal with Red Inserts.

Only the Vista Blue or Grabber Orange was only available with just the Dark Charcoal.

Exactly...see my previous post. Where I was confused is that when I look at Coldy's car, I see white/blue...not just white...and I know they didn't offer crimson inserts on a white/blue vehicle. I just needed to eat my cheerios today. :doh:

Dave

Archived