TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Production Numbers- Ford/Shelby Come to an Agreement

gabed1

<lol> +1 ...that's hard to argue with :hysterical:

Staying on your thought tho, when the ADM situation became apparent Ford suggested a $5K max ADM (and many dealers abided by it -- just that the lists were much longer than the allocations for those dealers).

In response to the demand they upped the target volumes (within CAFE and supply constraints) from 7K to 9K and even produced considerably more than that!

Ford also sent an appropriate missive to dealers stating that they (Ford) were exercising the no-reseller clause in their dealer Franchise Agreement on this car.

Of course, some dealers chose to find ways around the intent of those actions, but, imo, Ford has done what they can within the contractual bounds of their dealer Franchise Agreements to address potential/actual dealer abuses -- to the extent they legally can.

Now, Chevy dealers in SoCal getting $25K ADMs on dime-a-dozen Z06s -- they're the real abusers ...praying on ignorance and impulse -- hmmmm :doh: ;-)

Certainly, the name Corvette mislead those buyers :hysterical2:

I forgot about Ford telling dealers to not get carried away with marking these up. I never heard them state a dollar amount, but they did stress to dealers to not get carried away with marking up prices in the interest of preserving good customer relations. Obviuosly most dealers ignored that and/or never watched the broadcast. Ford never sent anything out in print about this. Just stated this in one of their dealer broadcasts and only dealers that tuned it to watch it would have known about it.

• Replies 353
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Dave, I think proactively deceptive representations, such as the dealer scenario, are potentially actionable.

In Rip's complaint, I don't see how a court would even agree to hear the case -- what's the basis of the case? What did Ford/SAI misrepresent? There's no such thing as buying a collectible anything when it's new. That's just media hype (except for my collection of Franklin Mint vintage car dinner plates :hysterical2: ) Cars depreciate -- all of them!! Even the original Shelbys!! Even the Original 289 and 427 Shelby Cobras!!! The, later, the MARKET decides their value. has nothing to do whatsoever with the manufacturere or the name -- never has, never will (aside from my Ralph Lauren collectable cologne bottles which surely MSUT appreciate because of the name :hysterical: )

And as to why this car takes down the ADMs it does (dealer deception aside) I think it's largely two words: 500HP <lol> ..and every buy makes that decision individually. You can buy the letters on the back for a nominal cost -- Ford stated the specs for the car accurately -- no where in the GT500 specifications did I see a line-item after Engine specs, Suspension, Dimentions, etc, like Collectability: guaranteed appeciation -- hey, it's a Shelby! :hysterical2:

If the Shelby name -- in and of itself -- was the reason TODAY (as opposed to the '60s cars which are now 40 years old) for the ADMs, then all the crap Shelby Chargers, Shelby Dakotas and Shelby Lancers would be the hottest items at Barrett-Jackson taking down solid mid-six-figure bids :hysterical2: Why not? The cars are not highly desireable in spite of any name.

Carroll himslef has said for decades now that the car makes the name, the name doesn't make the car -- sounds like truth in advertising personified to me!

So, let's see:

- Fast high-performance "Shelby's" = valuable

- Slow slap-on "Shelby's" = who cares

- The car makes the name not other way 'round

- This car bears the name and Ford has represented the association with Shelby quite accurately

What case/damages could there possibly be except mental-/imagined- ?

Gonna put that Shelby Lancer on the rotisserie, you know, the rusty beater I scoffed up on e-bay for only $50K -- I figure if I invest the $300K it will take for a concours restoration, it should bring $1-1.5M at Barrett-Jackson next year :hysterical2:

Well, gotta go clean my 1992 Gucci shades -- you know how valuable Gucci products are! ..and the rubbers on the nosepiece aren't even brittle!!! And these are the rare amber-lens pilot-style!!! I'm gonna make a killing in 2050 on these babies :hysterical2: :shades: :hysterical:

Dan

So, if I understand you correctly, I should hang onto this Avon Wild Country cologne in the glass Ford Roadster bottle. Thanks Dan. I owe you big.....in 2075.

bj

unless something like Ford's intent to create ADM opportunities for its dealers' network could indeed be proved.

This could more easily be disproved! There is just way to much other supporting evidence that Ford does not care about their dealers making much profit.

Found it! Slide #80 of "Red, White & Sold" MY2007 Broadcast (channel 11)

Shelby GT 500Final Considerations

Please keep in mind…

No Brokering

Selling to a non-retail customer is not permitted

Customer Relations

Keep customer relationships positive by avoiding significant MSRP markups

Shaker 1000 Stereo

A very high-output stereo system, but be aware the subwoofers take up significant trunk space… a golf bag will not fit

This optional stereo is constrained to 33% availability on Convertible

bj

So, if I understand you correctly, I should hang onto this Avon Wild Country cologne in the glass Ford Roadster bottle. Thanks Dan. I owe you big.....in 2075.

bj

:hysterical2:

...so, you missed the 75th anniversay '32 Ford event?

...now you have to wait for the 100th to make a killing :hysterical:

• 2 weeks later...
Where can I find my SAAC No? Called SVT for second time today and now I need to have my number if I want it for $35 instead of $45. I don't see any number on the cards they sent me. Kind of ridicules.

Blayne,

I called Rick Kopec at SAAC and he said they never have had per say membership numbers.

Our membership number is the expiration date of our membership. Hope you're doing well!

Blayne,

I called Rick Kopec at SAAC and he said they never have had per say membership numbers.

Our membership number is the expiration date of our membership. Hope you're doing well!

Thanks Steve, I gave them the code next to my name on mail SAAC has sent me. Have a good one.

Blayne

good lord....

the amount of work I have to do now to re-number the 40+ cars that already registered with my "unofficial" shelby registry

better get started monday with a phone call to Ford Performance

then again I'll be in Miami so I'm thinking of stopping by Steeda to check out their Steeda GT500

decisions... decisions...

I love the way they have individualized production numbers for each color too... I honestly wasn't expecting that!

--Russ

unfortunately the chart is still inaccurate :banghead:

the vert ebony stripe numbers do not add up; 100 is not correct. :censored:

hopefully the info they really send out is actually correct :superhero:

Looks like they just added it up wrong -- the 100 should be 859...

..I edited their pic graphically (below)

Dan

post-4902-1191124778_thumb.jpg

<edit:> I'll just send Ford Performance the bill :hysterical:

post-4902-1191124778_thumb.jpg

Looks like they just added it up wrong -- the 100 should be 859...

..I edited their pic graphically (below)

Dan

_2007_GT500_Ford_Official_Production_nums.jpg

<edit:> I'll just send Ford Performance the bill :hysterical:

..I was gonna say thanks for your good work until I observed that you found a way to autograph the correction so to speak :hysterical2:

My vin #203061

I'm #162 of 8152 coupes and #41 of 2153 Red Coupes built.

How many of the first coupes were kept for friends, family, etc. and not sold to the public?

..I was gonna say thanks for your good work until I observed that you found a way to autograph the correction so to speak :hysterical2:

:hysterical:

well, I figured it was clear Ford didn't want that page copied so I figured if I modify it with their logo still on it I better say that so they don't hunt me down like dog and prosecute me for misrepresenting their misrepresentations :hysterical2:

I wish there was an easy way to contact them, but I didn't think using the Ford contact page which suggests writing to the board of directors would work :hysterical:

If anyone calls SVT for sequence/VIN info maybe they can mention it.

• 1 month later...
Yes I am very funny, very funny to look at. :hysterical: Just placed my order for mine with Chris @ SVT. :spend::spend: I want to join now with all the rest of you numbskulls and be able to complain in four months when we're still waiting for them. :waiting::waiting::hysterical:

I found out my coupe is # 1689 and it is #66 (my favorite #) of all Alloy coupes made with the build date of 8-30-06. :headspin: :happy feet:

Well I finally received my SVT certificate yesterday. Only took 1\2 the time I thought it would take to get it. :censored:

Archived