TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Terminator Wheels on GT500

kickingaz

Does anyone know whether the Terminator wheels from an '03 or '04 Cobra will fit over the brakes on the GT500s? If so, how much different is the offset?

I am looking for a set of wheels for track use (road courses) and ran across several sets of Terminator wheels at a good price. Additionally, the 17" wheels allow more choices (sizes and manufacturers) of competition tires.

Any thoughts...

Does anyone know whether the Terminator wheels from an '03 or '04 Cobra will fit over the brakes on the GT500s? If so, how much different is the offset?

I am looking for a set of wheels for track use (road courses) and ran across several sets of Terminator wheels at a good price. Additionally, the 17" wheels allow more choices (sizes and manufacturers) of competition tires.

Any thoughts...

If you're looking for OT track wheels, Kazera KZA's fit perfectly and are 9# lighter per rim than stock. I pick up heat-cycled Hoosiers from Grand Am teams at about $45-$50 a pop on-line too (135/75/18).

If you're looking for OT track wheels, Kazera KZA's fit perfectly and are 9# lighter per rim than stock. I pick up heat-cycled Hoosiers from Grand Am teams at about $45-$50 a pop on-line too (135/75/18).

Thanks sprint200! I ordered a set of the Kazera KZ-As from The Tire Rack today. I was ready to buy a second set of stock rims but was concerned that they're too heavy. The KZ-As should be a great track wheel. I also found a closeout on some Kumho V700 competition tires at $99 a pop. They're a little shorter than stock (265/35ZR-18) so that should help the gear ratio too.

Next stop...the road course!!! :happy feet:

Only thing I would tell you about the KZA's is that they come with a "centering ring" to fit our hubs properly. However, it is plastic. Under OT conditions they melt.

AC427COBRA (Bruce) over on SVTP had some aluminum pieces milled and I bought a set from him. It's a little tricky installing them, but they've worked great. He only made 4 sets of 4 and used a set himself. So I don't know if he has any left?

I've run mine four full track days and they've been great. Very well balanced. We spun them on the balancer before mounting tires.

Archived