TEAM SHELBY FORUM

REMAINING 2007 GT500's

ShelbyDude

There are 664 2007 GT500's left

453 Coupes and 211 Convertibles

Some of these I know are being sent to SAI to have the Super Snake package done. A number of dealers have sent their 07's to SAI for this.

Some may be units that dealers are keeping for themselves.

So I have no idea how many of these are left that are for sale and available.

Here is a State by State breakdown

STATE ............Coupes.......... Convertibles......... Total

Alaska .................0 ......................0 ....................0

7 dealers

Alabama ..............5 ......................4 ....................9

64 dealers

Arkansas .............7 ......................2 ....................9

55 dealers

Arizona ................7 ......................3 ...................10

37 dealers

California ...........102 ....................35 ..................137

208 dealers

Colorado ..............6 ......................8 ...................14

43 dealers

Connecticut ...........6 ......................0 ....................6

44 dealers

Delaware ..............1 ......................0 ....................1

10 dealers

Florida .................18 ....................15 ...................33

110 dealers

Georgia ................11 .....................3 ...................14

120 dealers

Hawaii ...................4 ......................0 ....................4

6 dealers

Iowa ......................2 ......................1 ....................3

102 dealers

Idaho ....................0 .......................3 ....................3

22 dealers

Illinois ...................13 .....................4 ....................17

172 dealers

Indiana ...................9 ......................2 ...................11

101 dealers

Kansas ....................8 ......................4 ...................12

63 dealers

Kentucky ................13 .....................3 ....................16

58 dealers

Louisiana ..................8 .....................3 ....................11

65 dealers

Massachusetts ..........12 ....................3 ....................15

59 dealers

Maryland ..................4 .....................3 ......................7

44 dealers

Maine .......................0 .....................1 ......................1

28 dealers

Michigan ..................10 ...................10 .....................20

147 dealers

Minnesota ..................6 ....................5 ......................11

101 dealers

Missouri .....................9 ....................5 ......................14

114 dealers

Mississippi ..................2 ....................3 .......................5

49 dealers

Montana .....................2 ....................2 .......................4

33 dealers

Nebraska ....................3 ...................2 ........................5

55 dealers

Nevada .......................6 ...................2 ........................8

11 dealers

New Hampshire ............1 ...................0 ........................1

24 dealers

New Jersey .................11 ..................5 .......................16

68 dealers

New Mexico ..................3 ..................2 ........................5

26 dealers

New York ....................10 .................11 .......................21

167 dealers

North Carolina .............18 ..................7 ........................25

117 dealers

North Dakota .................1 ..................0 .........................1

24 dealers

Ohio ............................13 ..................9........................ 22

166 dealers

Oklahoma ....................15 ..................3 ........................18

73 dealers

Oregon .........................3 ...................2 .........................5

47 dealers

Pennsylvania ................10 ..................9 ........................19

186 dealers

Rhode Island .................2 ...................2 .........................4

5 dealers

South Carolina ..............8 ...................3 .........................11

59 dealers

South Dakota .................1 ..................2 ..........................3

37 dealers

Tennessee .....................5 ...................6 .........................11

80 dealers

Texas ...........................41 ................10 .........................51

261 dealers

Utah ..............................2 ...................1 ..........................3

27 dealers

Virginia .........................11 ..................6 .........................17

87 dealers

Vermont .........................2 ..................2 ..........................4

18 dealers

Washington ...................18 ...................3 .........................21

56 dealers

Wisconsin .......................2 ...................2 ..........................4

129 dealers

West Virginia ...................1 ...................0 ..........................1

37 dealers

Wyoming ........................1 ...................0 ..........................1

16 dealers

3,638 dealers.............. 453 Coupes ..........211 Convertibles ............664 Total

10,844 built ...........664 remaining ...............10,180 SOLD! as of 8/28/2007

8,150 Coupes Built.......453 remaining........7,697 SOLD!

2,694 Convertibles Built......211 remaining........2,483 SOLD!

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Great info as usual, SD. Any breakdown on total verts/coupes or by color?

The coupes and verts are broken down.

As for colors:

Grabber Orange = 7 Coupes and 15 Verts

Alloy = 17 Coupes and 7 Verts

Tungsten = 15 Coupes and 12 Verts

Vista Blue = 38 Coupes and 21 Verts

Torch Red = 115 Coupes and 55 Verts

Performance White = 148 Coupes and 28 Verts (30 of the Coupes have the Red Appearence Package)

Black = 113 Coupes and 73 Verts (28 Coupes have the Red Appearence Package)

Very Interesting info, as always! I must say, I am some what surprised there are still so many unsold 07? Or is that me? That is a lot out there you would think that would be willing to move them. I guess that is good for us (those that made our deals) as well keeps the price stable, but bad for guys hoping to get deals on the 07 once the 08 came out. Tells me that prices must be holding, or dealers like having them in the showroom window!

There are some dealers that just got their 07 delivered to them! I seen one was delivered Aug 22nd!

Out of almost 11,000 GT500's 664 is nothing.

Compare that to the SGT's still out there. Only about 6,000 of those built and close to 50% still remaining!

Close to 30,000 regular GT & V6 Mustangs remaining.

Very Interesting info, as always! I must say, I am some what surprised there are still so many unsold 07? Or is that me? That is a lot out there you would think that would be willing to move them. I guess that is good for us (those that made our deals) as well keeps the price stable, but bad for guys hoping to get deals on the 07 once the 08 came out. Tells me that prices must be holding, or dealers like having them in the showroom window!

With the ridiculous ADM's on these things, I'm not surprised at all. I figured there would be more on the lots. Though you guys could afford to pay the premium, most people can't/won't at the end of the day.

MSRP or lower, here we come. :happy feet:

With the ridiculous ADM's on these things, I'm not surprised at all. I figured there would be more on the lots. Though you guys could afford to pay the premium, most people can't/won't at the end of the day.

MSRP or lower, here we come. :happy feet:

This is the problem with supply and demand! If you have more buyers with the means and willing to pay than there are cars to be had they will all sell for more money. Those without the means to pay or willing to pay will go without while those that can and will end up buying them all.

This is the problem with supply and demand! If you have more buyers with the means and willing to pay than there are cars to be had they will all sell for more money. Those without the means to pay or willing to pay will go without while those that can and will end up buying them all.

Perfect! and correct.... It is not like EVERYONE here paid an ADM or a high one. We paid what we thought was fair for us, for the car we wanted. If you can not afford the car, stop waiting for someone to give you one free, or at BELOW MSRP?? I do not see that happening. Those that are still out there, the 07's, will go, and I am sure at a fair price, but I doubt below!!! Sit and wait, hope to get, but don't complain when they go!

Perfect! and correct.... It is not like EVERYONE here paid an ADM or a high one. We paid what we thought was fair for us, for the car we wanted. If you can not afford the car, stop waiting for someone to give you one free, or at BELOW MSRP?? I do not see that happening. Those that are still out there, the 07's, will go, and I am sure at a fair price, but I doubt below!!! Sit and wait, hope to get, but don't complain when they go!

I look at this way. If it is an issue of being able to AFFORD the car, then whether or not you can get it for $5K over, at MSRP or a a little below, you can't afford it regardless! The difference of $5K - $7K is not going to make a big enough difference on whether you can AFFORD this or not! Sure, it could make a difference of a $100 month on the payments, BUT, if a $100 a month is going to make that much of a difference then you can not afford the car, period! You would still be strapping yourself financially to buy the car!

I look at this way. If it is an issue of being able to AFFORD the car, then whether or not you can get it for $5K over, at MSRP or a a little below, you can't afford it regardless! The difference of $5K - $7K is not going to make a big enough difference on whether you can AFFORD this or not! Sure, it could make a difference of a $100 month on the payments, BUT, if a $100 a month is going to make that much of a difference then you can not afford the car, period! You would still be strapping yourself financially to buy the car!

These cars, the unsold ones, are more than likely on the lot because they are for 20k over and such. I didn't say 5k was a big deal, but I am patient enough, and don't have to have the first toy on the block to hold my hand steady and wait for this car to be available for MSRP. Basically, because I didn't choose to pay a 20k adm, I was paid a year or so to simply wait.

Easiest 20k I ever made.

Also keep in mind, you are now seeing routine sales of these cars for 5-7k over, remember how it wasn't too long ago that it was "These cars are going to all sell for 20-30k over". How is it bad for me to be glad to see cars sitting on the lot, unsold, which indicates the bubble of people that will spend 60k on a Mustang is drying up? I want this car, but I'm not going to pay more than I feel it is worth, and in my personal opinion it's even a hair too overpriced at sticker, nevermind adding cake on top of that to pad the dealers pockets. I think this should cost 40k, so I'm willing to 'pay over' if I get it for MSRP. :hysterical:

These cars, the unsold ones, are more than likely on the lot because they are for 20k over and such. I didn't say 5k was a big deal, but I am patient enough, and don't have to have the first toy on the block to hold my hand steady and wait for this car to be available for MSRP. Basically, because I didn't choose to pay a 20k adm, I was paid a year or so to simply wait.

Easiest 20k I ever made.

Also keep in mind, you are now seeing routine sales of these cars for 5-7k over, remember how it wasn't too long ago that it was "These cars are going to all sell for 20-30k over". How is it bad for me to be glad to see cars sitting on the lot, unsold, which indicates the bubble of people that will spend 60k on a Mustang is drying up? I want this car, but I'm not going to pay more than I feel it is worth, and in my personal opinion it's even a hair too overpriced at sticker, nevermind adding cake on top of that to pad the dealers pockets. I think this should cost 40k, so I'm willing to 'pay over' if I get it for MSRP. :hysterical:

Actually, after having personally owning one for a year now, I think this car is worth every penny of $60K. If MSRP was $60K I would still buy it!

What other 500 HP car can you even touch for this little amount of money?

The one that missed the boat on this deal was Ford Motor Company! They could have priced it at $60K and sold everyone of them. Dealers wouldn't have gotten the ADM they did. It would have all went to Ford instead and people would still be lining up to get one for that. Dealers would have been lucky to get $5K over.

So basically Ford for once drastically under priced a vehicle!!! :happy feet:

Actually, after having personally owning one for a year now, I think this car is worth every penny of $60K. If MSRP was $60K I would still buy it!

What other 500 HP car can you even touch for this little amount of money?

The one that missed the boat on this deal was Ford Motor Company! They could have priced it at $60K and sold everyone of them. Dealers wouldn't have gotten the ADM they did. It would have all went to Ford instead and people would still be lining up to get one for that. Dealers would have been lucky to get $5K over.

So basically Ford for once drastically under priced a vehicle!!! :happy feet:

:hysterical2::hysterical2::hysterical2::hysterical2::hysterical2::hysterical2:

Laugh all you want. He who laughs last, laughs best!

At least I speak from personal experience from owning one. You on the other, only speak from wishful thinking and pulling numbers from the sky with no basis and no merritt to support it with. :hysterical:

Yeah, no merit or basis. You know I've owned a 99 Cobra, 97 Vette, 01 Cobra and an 04 Cobra. I see the new Cobra as a nice Cobra, the next in the line not some super car. It's a MUSTANG. Check your parts catalogue, see all the parts you share with a GT? Shocker, it's still a Mustang no matter how you hype it or butter it up. And I am right, as this car that you claim should be worth 60k all day long, is coming down in price (ADM's lowering) to it's MSRP. That's not my opinion, that's freaking fact.

When the 03 Cobra came out, it was selling for 10-15 over as well. Get a grip, super marketing ploy to put Shelby's name on it, but it's not like that guy was under the hood wrenching on it or did anything more than say "Yeah use my name, now send me a check".

This EXACT car, without SHELBY plastered on it's ass would be 40K TOPS. They jumped it an extra 3k because of this brilliant marketing tool/gimmick.

I'm happy you got yours and had the excess to pay the ADM to be 'the first kid on the block' but don't sit there and try and piss all over me like you're king shit.

Yeah, no merit or basis. You know I've owned a 99 Cobra, 97 Vette, 01 Cobra and an 04 Cobra. I see the new Cobra as a nice Cobra, the next in the line not some super car. It's a MUSTANG. Check your parts catalogue, see all the parts you share with a GT? Shocker, it's still a Mustang no matter how you hype it or butter it up. And I am right, as this car that you claim should be worth 60k all day long, is coming down in price (ADM's lowering) to it's MSRP. That's not my opinion, that's freaking fact.

When the 03 Cobra came out, it was selling for 10-15 over as well. Get a grip, super marketing ploy to put Shelby's name on it, but it's not like that guy was under the hood wrenching on it or did anything more than say "Yeah use my name, now send me a check".

This EXACT car, without SHELBY plastered on it's ass would be 40K TOPS. They jumped it an extra 3k because of this brilliant marketing tool/gimmick.

I'm happy you got yours and had the excess to pay the ADM to be 'the first kid on the block' but don't sit there and try and piss all over me like you're king shit.

I didn't pay a big ADM for mine. I said I WOULD have paid as much as $60K for this car if that was what the MSRP was.

This is not a 99, 01, or 04 Cobra and it certainly isn't a 97 vette! This car is much more superior to those cars!

I am not talking about justifying the ADM on these. I do not blame anyone that refuses to pay one. That is their business. All I am saying is that this car is worth every penny of $60K. The 99, 01, and 04 Cobra's were not! If you ever end up with one of these you will then know for yourself what I'm talking about.

BTW, Carroll Shelby had a little more to do with this car other than just put my name on it and send me a check! It might not have been sent through his facility to have any of the work done to it, but he was in fact involved with what they did do to this car.

I didn't pay a big ADM for mine. I said I WOULD have paid as much as $60K for this car if that was what the MSRP was.

This is not a 99, 01, or 04 Cobra and it certainly isn't a 97 vette! This car is much more superior to those cars!

I am not talking about justifying the ADM on these. I do not blame anyone that refuses to pay one. That is their business. All I am saying is that this car is worth every penny of $60K. The 99, 01, and 04 Cobra's were not! If you ever end up with one of these you will then know for yourself what I'm talking about.

BTW, Carroll Shelby had a little more to do with this car other than just put my name on it and send me a check! It might not have been sent through his facility to have any of the work done to it, but he was in fact involved with what they did do to this car.

Nuff Said---We have ZERO regrets and LOVE our Shelby, would do it all over again right down to the 2.5 year wait!!! Nothing at all compares to driving this car and seeing the look on peoples faces as they stare and give us a big thumbs up.......

Wow, people get emotional on this topic don’t they.

I have had mine about 6 months now and yes I paid what I believe was a reasonable price…i.e. a small ADM. For me, having the car and being able to enjoy it over the last 6 months is worth something, but that’s me, and I understand it is not worth the same to others.

As is the case with many things in life, it is all about priorities, and different people have different priorities…… doesn’t make one right and another wrong…. just different.

Oh, and thanks for the great info on what’s still out there ShelbyDude.

Now if we could just get the same type of stats on the entire production for the year that would be nice.

And please don’t anybody go off on that topic hear…. :beatdeadhorse: ...there is another thread for that subject

I personally love this quote. I've used this exact phrase before to prove my point about this car and I agree with it completely.

Thanks Shelbydude. I think it is great rationalization.

What's wrong with the dealer's making a little money? After such a long time of making nothing(or little)?

Droppingchronic...I don't think Shelbydude is not trying to "piss all over you"

While this car will be fun to own years down the road - YOU SHOULD FEEL IT NOW!! While it IS the hot thing!!

people (and I) LOVE it! The looks and feeling you get while driving it is awesome!

A couple years from now (or 2009 if they make it) IF they are down to MSRP or lower as you want and they are all over the place it kinda kills the whole SHELBY idea - performance/don't see them often/all the time.

I've said it before and I'll say it again....If these cars are everywhere and I start seeing them often, on the streets driving, like any mustang gt - it defaces the value of this magnificant car. Shelby's were never meant to be seen everywhere. That's part of why they are cool - It's exciting to see them! Too many and people become desensitized. Just ehh...there's another one.

Perfect. + 1.

I must be the only one that does not get the comparison with the 04' Cobra thing. Everything about a GT500 is compared to a Cobra including price, performance, sales, future value, etc. I think the 04 Cobra was a great car but I would never own one. Just not a fan of the cheesy interior. My sister had a Mustang of that vintage and I hated the Corvette rip off dash. Since I have ordered a GT500, that should tell you that there are more buyers for them than there were for Cobras. I just can't stand it when a Cobra owner makes a statement like "well, this will happen with the GT500's because that is what happened with the Cobras". No one knows what will happen with the GT500's until it actually happens.

As for price, if you do not wish to pay over msrp, don't. Pissing and moaning about it constantly will not make it disappear any sooner. I have seen posts for more than 6 months hailing the coming of msrp and it is still like finding a needle in a haystack. I don't think a F350 diesel is worth 50-60k either but that does not stop people from buying them.

Flame away if you wish, at the end of the day, my car is on order at a price I could afford and all I have to do is wait for the phone call.

The price is really coming down alright. A local Dealership had 2 used Blue over White Coupes with around 2,000 miles on them, a few weeks ago. They were asking $59,000. You have to add tax to that. I know they sold one for that. I haven't been or called back to see if they sold the other yet.

Yes, I paid less then that for my Vert New. That's not because the dealer couldn't have gotten more. It's because, we have a good working relationship. I buy all my vehicles from them. about $250,000 over the last 6 years.

The Few people I know that got low ADMs or 1 said he paid MSRP are the same as me. Spent a lot of money at the same dealership.

I read through this whole thread and can’t for the life of me understand why you have such an attitude with ShelbyDude and everyone else on this site who owns this great car. You have your opinion, fine…but don’t come in here and rip on people because you think we are all assholes for paying what we did….its none of your freaking business what we paid!! Either you can afford one or you can’t, bottom line, buy it or don’t, but don’t judge people based on what you think its worth…who are you?? This thread was started to inform the membership of the current status of remaining cars, important information about our investment, not a bitch session about MSRP and ADM’s. WHO CARES!!!!

FYI, I did pay MSRP, not a dime more….. do I care what ShelbyDude or anyone else paid, NO, I have a life, that’s what I care about!!!

BTW, your quote “MSRP or lower” tells me everything, you must be delusional to think someone will sell you a GT500 for less than MSRP, WAKE UP!!!!

There are 664 2007 GT500's left

453 Coupes and 211 Convertibles

Some of these I know are being sent to SAI to have the Super Snake package done. A number of dealers have sent their 07's to SAI for this.

Some may be units that dealers are keeping for themselves.

So I have no idea how many of these are left that are for sale and available.

Here is a State by State breakdown

STATE ............Coupes.......... Convertibles......... Total

Alaska .................0 ......................0 ....................0

7 dealers

Alabama ..............5 ......................4 ....................9

64 dealers

Arkansas .............7 ......................2 ....................9

55 dealers

Arizona ................7 ......................3 ...................10

37 dealers

California ...........102 ....................35 ..................137

208 dealers

Colorado ..............6 ......................8 ...................14

43 dealers

Connecticut ...........6 ......................0 ....................6

44 dealers

Delaware ..............1 ......................0 ....................1

10 dealers

Florida .................18 ....................15 ...................33

110 dealers

Georgia ................11 .....................3 ...................14

120 dealers

Hawaii ...................4 ......................0 ....................4

6 dealers

Iowa ......................2 ......................1 ....................3

102 dealers

Idaho ....................0 .......................3 ....................3

22 dealers

Illinois ...................13 .....................4 ....................17

172 dealers

Indiana ...................9 ......................2 ...................11

101 dealers

Kansas ....................8 ......................4 ...................12

63 dealers

Kentucky ................13 .....................3 ....................16

58 dealers

Louisiana ..................8 .....................3 ....................11

65 dealers

Massachusetts ..........12 ....................3 ....................15

59 dealers

Maryland ..................4 .....................3 ......................7

44 dealers

Maine .......................0 .....................1 ......................1

28 dealers

Michigan ..................10 ...................10 .....................20

147 dealers

Minnesota ..................6 ....................5 ......................11

101 dealers

Missouri .....................9 ....................5 ......................14

114 dealers

Mississippi ..................2 ....................3 .......................5

49 dealers

Montana .....................2 ....................2 .......................4

33 dealers

Nebraska ....................3 ...................2 ........................5

55 dealers

Nevada .......................6 ...................2 ........................8

11 dealers

New Hampshire ............1 ...................0 ........................1

24 dealers

New Jersey .................11 ..................5 .......................16

68 dealers

New Mexico ..................3 ..................2 ........................5

26 dealers

New York ....................10 .................11 .......................21

167 dealers

North Carolina .............18 ..................7 ........................25

117 dealers

North Dakota .................1 ..................0 .........................1

24 dealers

Ohio ............................13 ..................9........................ 22

166 dealers

Oklahoma ....................15 ..................3 ........................18

73 dealers

Oregon .........................3 ...................2 .........................5

47 dealers

Pennsylvania ................10 ..................9 ........................19

186 dealers

Rhode Island .................2 ...................2 .........................4

5 dealers

South Carolina ..............8 ...................3 .........................11

59 dealers

South Dakota .................1 ..................2 ..........................3

37 dealers

Tennessee .....................5 ...................6 .........................11

80 dealers

Texas ...........................41 ................10 .........................51

261 dealers

Utah ..............................2 ...................1 ..........................3

27 dealers

Virginia .........................11 ..................6 .........................17

87 dealers

Vermont .........................2 ..................2 ..........................4

18 dealers

Washington ...................18 ...................3 .........................21

56 dealers

Wisconsin .......................2 ...................2 ..........................4

129 dealers

West Virginia ...................1 ...................0 ..........................1

37 dealers

Wyoming ........................1 ...................0 ..........................1

16 dealers

3,638 dealers.............. 453 Coupes ..........211 Convertibles ............664 Total

Approx. 10,864 built ...........664 remaining ...............10,200 SOLD! as of 8/28/2007

anything left in canada?

jealousy hurts. you really got to own a shelby gt 500 before you speak your mind or compare the car to past cobras. sorry DC but this shelby is the best mustang/gt/cobra/shelby gt 500 (what ever you think it is) that ford has built since 1970-period!!!

Archived