TEAM SHELBY FORUM

50-100k over MSRP for a KR = Dealer Hype

gabed1

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think all this just feeds the aftermarket ... a good thing, imo.

If your budget is $100K (well, not mine, but...) and the KR is going for that, are you going to buy a KR or buy a GT500 and go to the aftermarket like Evo for a stage-VI (or whatever) or to Tasca for a KR1000 (making 1000+HP) and have money left over to buy a Focus as a dinghy <lol>

I don't know ... at MSRP I see the driver's market for the KR ...with ADMs if you're going to drive the car the aftermarket value-points are a compelling alternative, imho.

I think all this just feeds the aftermarket ... a good thing, imo.

If your budget is $100K (well, not mine, but...) and the KR is going for that, are you going to buy a KR or buy a GT500 and go to the aftermarket like Evo for a stage-VI (or whatever) or to Tasca for a KR1000 (making 1000+HP) and have money left over to buy a Focus as a dinghy <lol>

I don't know ... at MSRP I see the driver's market for the KR ...with ADMs if you're going to drive the car the aftermarket value-points are a compelling alternative, imho.

So Tasca is offering a 1000HP GT500 to those that want one?

What about having your GT500 done by them? Are they offering that? Any idea on what the cost is to have them convert your GT500 into a 1000 HP?

So Tasca is offering a 1000HP GT500 to those that want one?

What about having your GT500 done by them? Are they offering that? Any idea on what the cost is to have them convert your GT500 into a 1000 HP?

Dunno, could not find anyone with details. I did take some pics and open the cordon :spiteful: to take a pic of the window-sheet (next post)....

post-4902-1188357164_thumb.jpg

post-4902-1188357193_thumb.jpg

<edit> it looks awesome!!

post-4902-1188357164_thumb.jpg

post-4902-1188357193_thumb.jpg

Did they have to cut the hood for that?

Is that car for sale? What did they want for it?

I assume it's for sale (or they'll make another) but could not find that out. It sure does seem to have all the right pieces tho.

I haven't called them but if anyone does, please share ;)

<edit:> it's an aftermarket ram-air hood .. post 37 has the complete list of mods.

Dan

Wow this thread got kinda heated :redcard: Let's face it a car, a house, etc. is worth what someone is willing to pay. It is also for however fast you want to get it. A lot of guys (and gals) have been enjoying their ride, how do you put a price on that? I'm fixin to be 51 in a couple of days (Ouch seeing it in black and white, gettin old) :hysterical: . When I get mine I will keep it till I croak and then my kid can do what he wants with it. I'm already stuck with his :censored: GOAT I bought him last year for graduation and he got too many speeding tickets so he's in the wifes expedition and she's in the goat :banghead: . Anyway I think if your buying this for an investment put your money somewhere else. If you want to ride tomorrow then pay the piper. If not wait.

PS.

Nikilla I got your message and tried to message you back. I don't know what I'm doing wrong but anyway I have your number from previous posts and will give you a call when I get ready and see where it goes from there. You have a great reputation on here as others do. Thanks Mike.

If dealers are scummy because they can sell a car for big ADM's then does that make all those people that paid it scummy also???? What is the difference?

No that makes us all victim's.

The dealers had a car the the public really wanted and so they gouged us.

Not that I didn't pay a adm myself I just didn't think it was fair.

It had nothing to do with the salesman it was the owner that sucks.

I guess there is a fine line between customer satisfaction and making a buck and a lot of dealers went way beyond that IMO. There was enough bad apples out there to spoil the whole basket.

The auto industry has always had a image problem and this just didn't help.

Art

I wasn't trying to offend you Shelby Dude I really like all the information that You provide here.

I wasn't trying to be personal just general.

Maybe scummy was to harsh.

I guess there is a fine line between customer satisfaction and making a buck and a lot of dealers went way beyond that IMO. There was enough bad apples out there to spoil the whole basket.

Art

Oh C'mon! Victims???? You have to be joking!

You can't be a victim when you are an able and willing party!

How many dealers have you seen that held a gun to peoples heads and forced them to buy something at a price that was more then they wanted to pay? You can't become a victim any other way!

Art

Look guys and gals it does not make a difference to what you have for sale if it is a house or farmground or a John Deere tractor

or a Barry Bonds baseball #765 or #777 or # 450 0f 1000 KR --------OK- money talks and BS walks every fkn time

Look guys and gals it does not make a difference to what you have for sale if it is a house or farmground or a John Deere tractor

or a Barry Bonds baseball #765 or #777 or # 450 0f 1000 KR --------OK- money talks and BS walks every fkn time

Look people I live in the middle of Kansas and I own a nice 2400 sq ft house here and appraisal value is let's say is $99000. ok

does that mean everybody who pays more that for a 2400 sq ft house in their area got Shafted??? and if you paid less in your area does that mean I DID??

Wake the FK up people!!!

Look people I live in the middle of Kansas and I own a nice 2400 sq ft house here and appraisal value is let's say is $99000. ok

does that mean everybody who pays more that for a 2400 sq ft house in their area got Shafted??? and if you paid less in your area does that mean I DID??

Wake the FK up people!!!

And does everybody remember what Window sticker was on their old Shelby or whatever car they are so proud of was???

and what the INSURE them for now?? or would sell them for?? so WHO is gettin Shafted here???

Wake the FK up people!!!

Wow! Here in Calgary that would cost you close to $500,000!! :drop:

Oh C'mon! Victims???? You have to be joking!

Every time you step up to the gas pump you become a victim you want gas and thats the price take or leave it.

You don't need gas ride a bike or take the bus same with this car I didn't need it but then again I did and this is the price.

This thread is about the adm's for the KR and ford dealers are going to charge boo coo dollars for it.

Doesn't matter to me as I can't justify the money now that I have a car already.

Charge what they want, I am not here to help there image dealerships are on there own for that.

But mark my word there image sucks to most of us regardless of this car.

I just got Production Numbers for 2007 GT500's today =)

My car is:

#380 of 2694 Vert's

#32 out of 283 Blue Vert's :happy feet:

8150 Coupes

2694 Verts

Total Production: 10844

My production numbers are very low! :snake:

So since 2694 2007 verts were made, and KRs are getting 100k over MSRP because they are only making 1000, our vert should be about 1/3 as valuable or about 33k over MSRP! :headspin:

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys

I was recently at my local Chevy dealer who just got in an '08 black Z06 (looks identical to HotRodHarry's new one) and no joke

THEY WANTED $20,000 ADM!!! That is just stupid - you can go anywhere on Ebay and get one for less than MSRP. I asked them if they were negotiable on the ADM and they said "maybe 5 grand or so" :hysterical2: Please....

Maybe..... But posting a $20k A.D.M. on a vehicle after the A.D.M.'s are long gone on that particular vehicle just seems so........ stupid? Is that the right word I want to use....yes I believe "stupid" will work just fine.

Beings you can go anywhere on Ebay and buy a Z06 for UNDER MSRP doesn't make much sense to list one @ 20k over, does it?

Maybe..... But posting a $20k A.D.M. on a vehicle after the A.D.M.'s are long gone on that particular vehicle just seems so........ stupid? Is that the right word I want to use....yes I believe "stupid" will work just fine.

Beings you can go anywhere on Ebay and buy a Z06 for UNDER MSRP doesn't make much sense to list one @ 20k over, does it?

Josh,

Is that Lithia? A buddy of mine just got run out of there trying to buy a daily driver Cobalt! Guy wouldn't work with him at all. He went over to Ford and picked up a Focus on terms he could live with in about an hour. Apparently their volume has dropped from around 600 bowties a month to around 150 since they acquired it. Not surprising if they're that out of touch with the market and treat customers so indifferently.

Josh,

Is that Lithia? A buddy of mine just got run out of there trying to buy a daily driver Cobalt! Guy wouldn't work with him at all. He went over to Ford and picked up a Focus on terms he could live with in about an hour. Apparently their volume has dropped from around 600 bowties a month to around 150 since they acquired it. Not surprising if they're that out of touch with the market and treat customers so indifferently.

Gary,

Yeah that was Lithia Chevrolet. I pullled up in my GT500 and the Corvette guy asked me why I bought "one of those" instead of a Z06 (which is what I was looking at getting due to the high ADM's of the GT500) and I responded "Because you guys keep di*king me around with your ADM's" Funny thing is....I could have either bought a nicely, nicely loaded Vette coupe under MSRP OR bought my GT500 with a modest ADM for about the same money. I bought the GT500 because it's what I wanted. I knew if I was in that Vette that sooner or later I would see a GT500 and wished I just would have gotten what I wanted anyway. Although the Corvette's better performance would have probably helped me not suffer too much from my decision(although it's depreciation would have).

I am glad Sioux Falls Ford got another Ford sale - although I would have rather they took that sale from Toyota or Hyundai or Kia or Volkswagen or Audi instead of Chevrolet....but still...good for Ford and Sioux Falls Ford.

I think many dealers are bidding on there own items under the reserve amount to create a false market.

Most of the dealers I called (the first 50 that got an allocation) were asking 40-50k over.

When the rest of the allocation comes out these cars will come down in price. I am not saying you will ever get one at sticker, but 15-25k over sticker is more reasonable. Even if they are only making 1000. Remember they made less than 1000 cobra R’s and they aren’t worth much more than they were selling for in 2000. Once the next best thing comes along this will fade out like the Ford GT did.

Remember the hype when the 07 Shelby’s first came out. Now 07 Shelby’s going for now just barely sticker.

All the hog dealers that held out for the big $$ are now eating them. :finger:

This past weekend I was at the Tasca show and one of the Shelby representatives told me that ford is going to make an 09 Shelby.

Let’s face it guy’s and gal’s the 09 will be the fastest and most likely the best looking.

They will have to be, because competition is coming in the form of an SS corvette, the new camaro, and the new challenger.

:waiting:

I don't think you have the best grip on reality, the 07 GT500 even more than a year after it came out is still fetching an easy 5k over MSRP, that is hardly fizzling out. The Ford GT, fizzled out? Not really. They made only 500 2000 Cobra R's and they still hold value well.

If you thought the 2000 R would go up in price, not this soon, it doesnt work that way, same for the Ford GT and the KR will be no different.

You are dreaming if you think you will find one for $15k over sticker, unless of course you know the dealer, then all bets are off, but I would expect to pay $25k-$50k over msrp.

I don't think you have the best grip on reality, the 07 GT500 even more than a year after it came out is still fetching an easy 5k over MSRP, that is hardly fizzling out. The Ford GT, fizzled out? Not really. They made only 500 2000 Cobra R's and they still hold value well.

If you thought the 2000 R would go up in price, not this soon, it doesnt work that way, same for the Ford GT and the KR will be no different.

You are dreaming if you think you will find one for $15k over sticker, unless of course you know the dealer, then all bets are off, but I would expect to pay $25k-$50k over msrp.

I guess only time will tell to see who is right :redcard:

• 2 weeks later...
I beg to differ.

Dealers around here are still trying to get 20-30 grand over on GT500's. I just had one dealer call me last week wanting to know if I wanted one at 25-30k over MSRP. :stop:

Not nearly the "Now 07 Shelby’s going for now just barely sticker." now is it?

They may not be selling for this but dealers are still asking and wanting that amount.

Yeah, you had a dealer, desperate to offload the pig they overpaid to make a mint off of a buyer on calling anyone that showed the slightest interest in the car to see if they can bend you over for a 30k adm.

That doesn't tell me that they are worth that, it tells me that they dealerships greed is finally catching up to them.

Pretty pathetic when you have to result to cold calling people that came by your dealership to try and offload your bad investment if you ask me. :hysterical::hysterical2:

Archived