TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Window guide rubber screwed up

Grabber

The other day my wife pointed out to me that the rubber in the window guide on the passenger side is rolled over into the slot where the window slides. :banghead: It is deformed and will not pop back. :banghead: It has a slight tear at the seam too. :banghead: I need to have my dealer look at this.

Does anyone know how involved it will be to replace it ????

Window down

th_Windowguideflaw003.jpg

Window up

th_Windowguideflaw001.jpg

I tried bending it back, but it wont stay. I am sure it has been like that since day one.

It looks to be attached to the mirror section and since you have modified that area with a mirror cover that part of the warranty is now voided! :hysterical:

:hysterical::hysterical:

It shouldn't be a big deal to replace. They will probably have to order the part, but once they have that they should have it fixed in no time.

Just an idea, use a little bit of heat and reach in with a tool, flat but curved on the end pull the rubber out to where it suppose to be and close the window then let it cool down, I wonder if that will work?

I did pull it out and let it sit over night. I did not use heat. It just popped right back in. It is marred up and the seam in the rubber is tearing.

Funny Danny boy. :finger:

:hysterical:

Should not be difficult, they may have to remove the plastic piece where the mirror is. I don't know whether they use adhesive any more on weatherstripping. :headscratch:

Good luck Rob.

Edit: Likely caused by hot air continuously being blown from that side of the interior. :hysterical: Just kidding Tana :hysterical2: ...oh wait...that's Tana's car...so Rob would be in that seat. :hysterical:

I talked to a tech tonight after work. The new part is ordered, and Adam is going to install it on the night shift while I wait & watch. My dealers service is open till 10pm every night. :happy feet:

I talked to a tech tonight after work. The new part is ordered, and Adam is going to install it on the night shift while I wait & watch. My dealers service is open till 10pm every night. :happy feet:

Adam? Does he like kettle chips?

:hysterical2:

Rob, I"m sorry but I just can't help myself...you are fun to pick on. ;)

Adam? Does he like kettle chips?

:hysterical2:

Rob, I"m sorry but I just can't help myself...you are fun to pick on. ;)

Not sure if he like the kettle chips. :hysterical:

He explained to me how the repair is made because he has done it before. He told me he would do it personally if I asked for him and scheduled it when he is working. Very nice tech.

Not sure if he like the kettle chips. :hysterical:

He explained to me how the repair is made because he has done it before. He told me he would do it personally if I asked for him and scheduled it when he is working. Very nice tech.

I'm sure he's nice to you because you're a nice person. I'll bet if some butthead went in there and demanded something be done, he wouldn't be so nice. You get what you give. :headspin:

I'm sure he's nice to you because you're a nice person. I'll bet if some butthead went in there and demanded something be done, he wouldn't be so nice. You get what you give. :headspin:

We talked for 15 minutes. I have a drivers side dash rattle that only happens on a very rough freeway. He told me 2 suggestions to fix it, and if they do not work, he is going to help me find it. He has chased many a rattle.

The other day my wife pointed out to me that the rubber in the window guide on the passenger side is rolled over into the slot where the window slides. :banghead: It is deformed and will not pop back. :banghead: It has a slight tear at the seam too. :banghead: I need to have my dealer look at this.

Does anyone know how involved it will be to replace it ????

Window down

th_Windowguideflaw003.jpg

Window up

th_Windowguideflaw001.jpg

I tried bending it back, but it wont stay. I am sure it has been like that since day one.

My GT500 goes in the shop at 7am Tuesday morning to get this window guide replaced.

• 1 month later...

Archived