TEAM SHELBY FORUM

still need more help...please-please-please

shelbymarie

ok, here is the latest, dealer can not get a answer, the 1-800 number knows nothing, here is the clincher, called svt, spoke with john, he is looking it up and says, hold on, puts me on hold about 10 minutes, comes back as says, looks like the car hasn't even gone to striping yet, build completed on 7/17 but appears that the car is just sitting outside. did someone really drop the ball or was the car just forgot about??? john told me that he would call me and told me he was going to look into it, but nothing yet, seems like no one knows, just a big question mark. if something is really wrong with the car how do i find out. it is starting to worry me any help would be great.

Marie,

I talked to Birdie. He allready has your vin. # because someone at SVT has inquired about it too. Birdie is suppose to call me back later because his computer told him the same info that you allready have. Birdie has to physically search for it. Sorry I could not provide you with better news.

I will let you know when he calls me.

that birdie better get over time for this one Grabber !

Marie,

I found out what's wrong with your car. It is on hold because the front facia needs to be replaced. The color match is off. When the sun hits it, it has a pink tint to it. Dont worry, it will get fixed, and then they have stripe the car. It is taking so long, because yours is in line with some others that need to be addressed.

Now you can relax. It will be perfect when it arrives....you can count on it.

Grabber, that's incredible!! Can you find a needle in a haystack too? At any rate, I have a question for you. I had been visiting the forum for quite some time before I joined and ordered a GT 500. I have seen many people seemingly asking the same type of questions about Where's my car...etc.? Is there any place in the forum where a list can be placed that takes you from the day you order a car until the day it shows up at the dealer. For example, a car is ordered, a DORA is produced, etc or whatever the actual process is. In other words, each time a new person comes into the forum and wants to know what the next step is in the process, they can be referred to this "list" or sequence of events. I have heard people say my car has been bucked, I don't even know what that means. Each one of the steps could have a small definition. I think that would save you and the other experts in the forum a lot of time having to repeat yourself. Obviously, there are always unique circumstances, such is the case with this person's car, but this "list" would answer a lot of questions for a lot of people and save you and others a lot of time. Anyway, just a thought. Thanks again for your incredible insight!

I'm impressed with Grabbers conections AND Ford taking the time to correct this. It's a pretty common problem because the fascias are plastic not steel and they get painted at a different time in the factory. As I found out from my body shop, the color code is just a starting point and has to be adjusted to get a good match. Sounds like they are being very serious about quality control.

Archived