TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Pony been slammed & shod

jumpincactus

post-8119-1188067548_thumb.jpgpost-8119-1188067571_thumb.jpgpost-8119-1188067580_thumb.jpgWell its been a long time coming but here she is. Slammed and shod with new shoes and meats. The suspension mods are too numerous to list. Red powdercoated BMR was the bulk of the mod.

The only other mfgr was for the coilovers by Eibach.

Tell you what fellas I was at first a very negative owner with the handling of this new S197 platform as some of you may remember, but with a full blown suspension upgrade this is a totally different animal.

Now with the handling addressed on to more HP. :headspin:

SWEET! That is one beautiful vert! Those wheels look sharp.

Which Eibach kit did you get (part#)? Is the ride height adjustable? Its definitely slammed. Have you noticed any rubbing with it that low?

SWEET! That is one beautiful vert! Those wheels look sharp.

Which Eibach kit did you get (part#)? Is the ride height adjustable? Its definitely slammed. Have you noticed any rubbing with it that low?

Ya she is slammed. My installer is a guy named Todd with AutoDynamix in Redemond Wa. He is a long time Mustang man.

He did when I picked it up ask that I ride it like I stole it to see if it bottomed out or rubbed at all. He said he did with my prior permission :) do some controlled spirited driving while he was adjusting the panhard rod and setting pinion angle and setting ride height. He could not get it to rub and neither could I. So I am happy with the project overall.

The coilovers are Eibachs adjustable. I will look to see if the part # is on my paperwork and post later. I will say this for certain when test driving it I took it on roads that I have been with the stock suspension and did some manuevers I would not even attempt with the stock tires and suspension. This thing rides likw it is stuck with glue. Very impressed. Now on to Evo stage II :happy feet:

do any of you guys think its too low. any critique is appreciated

Jumpin,

I would not lower my car. That's just me.

Your car looks very good lowered. Being a Vert, it even looks better...to me!

That is the cool thing about these cars, they all take on different looks.

You have to be happy with it. My 2 cents is that is looks great. It sounds like you have a adjustible system, so you could allways raise it a tad if you felt inclined.

Again, I say that it looks great!

PERFECT STANCE!!! Wouldn't change a thing IMHO. Did you buy the wheels pre-painted? or have them painted after you recieved them. Thank's, Chuck.

Painted after purchase. My painter hit the color match dead nut on. I agree with Grabber. I am going to raise it a tad. Really having a hard time with speed bumps and coming out of parking lots.

Really turns heads thats for sure. I took it out and beat on it today. I cant wait to get it on a road coarse. The handling and no wheel hop is unbelievable.

Ya grabber the splitter dragging bad just coming out of parking lots lest I take it reaaaaallll slow

Well,

You are going to have to raise it back up a bit so you can drive it. It looks cool low, but if you cant drive it with out damaging the front splitter, then what's the use. :shrug:

Archived