TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Tasca Ford 1st "Mod Shop" to build SuperSnakes

I'm 15 miles south of Baltimore, outside of Columbia MD. If you have a deposit down on the Super Snake contact Tasca, Steve will collect your information and get you in the schedule. I have to be in Stamford CT the weekend of 10/20 for my brothers wedding, maybe I can bring the car up then if they're ready.

I spoke with Steve about 3 weeks ago.... All ready to go!!!

Should be one of the very first done according to Steve!!!

Gave him all my info including #'s!!!

I'm in NY but frequent RI on business.... Hopefully the will be ready middle of this month!!!

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hey dude - we should hook-up at some point. I'm down near Leesburg. I'm getting the 40th done at Tasca.

hi guys,

i live in frederick md and my wife and i both own gt500s and our 08 is going to be converted,

after reading your blogs i'm gonna call tasca tomorrow myself.i put my deposit down 2 months ago and still have not heard anything.

i would love to put together a shelby gt500 day at summit point raceway if i could get enough cars.

anyone interested?

hi guys,

i live in frederick md and my wife and i both own gt500s and our 08 is going to be converted,

after reading your blogs i'm gonna call tasca tomorrow myself.i put my deposit down 2 months ago and still have not heard anything.

i would love to put together a shelby gt500 day at summit point raceway if i could get enough cars.

anyone interested?

Sure - I want to go, but I need a rollbar for my vert. I'm thinking about a bolt-on 6 point that I can install for track use by removing the rear seat. Anybody know of such a thing?

Sure - I want to go, but I need a rollbar for my vert. I'm thinking about a bolt-on 6 point that I can install for track use by removing the rear seat. Anybody know of such a thing?

there is shop in gaithersburg md that could make you one.if you need there # i will get it for you

Have you called them yet? If not, I would call them immediately and get on the list. The sooner you do, the sooner you could get your car done. Call Steve Guyette at 800-788-2114. He's a great guy and very knowledgeable. Tell him Chris from Shelby sent you. ;)

Hey Chris -

I've called for Steve several times this week and only get vmail. I've left 2 msgs and haven't heard back. I'd really like to get on the schedule ASAP.

Hey Chris -

I've called for Steve several times this week and only get vmail. I've left 2 msgs and haven't heard back. I'd really like to get on the schedule ASAP.

Has he called you yet? I had a nice convefrsation with him today, and he indicated he spoke with someone. The problem is that I do not know your real name, and he doesn't know your screen name! :hysterical:

If he has not contacted you yet, pm me your name & contact info, and I will make sure it happens as soon as I get a hold of him. ;) He is very good, and very knowledgeable.

Has he called you yet? I had a nice convefrsation with him today, and he indicated he spoke with someone. The problem is that I do not know your real name, and he doesn't know your screen name! :hysterical:

If he has not contacted you yet, pm me your name & contact info, and I will make sure it happens as soon as I get a hold of him. ;) He is very good, and very knowledgeable.

So not only do you get a nice new job but you get to create your own words "convefrsation" . Which means Frustration and conversation put together :hysterical::hysterical::hysterical: You are a lucky man. :hysterical2:

I have a question. I was told by SAI that once you are on the list they will call and schedule your work. At that time you can choose to send your car to them or, choose an authorized mod shop. To date, no one has been scheduled by SAI. How is it that Tasca is taking cars out of sequence? From what I was told the calls will go strictly by date of deposit. ie: first in, first out. Obviously if Tasca is taking the cars now, many of us send our cars there as Shelby is working on a lot of projects and Tasca could get our cars back to us more quickly. I live in Florida and am still waiting for a Florida mod shop or, one closer to save on shipping cost. By the way, does RI charge sales tax? Thanks, Bill.

I have a question. I was told by SAI that once you are on the list they will call and schedule your work. At that time you can choose to send your car to them or, choose an authorized mod shop. To date, no one has been scheduled by SAI. How is it that Tasca is taking cars out of sequence? From what I was told the calls will go strictly by date of deposit. ie: first in, first out. Obviously if Tasca is taking the cars now, many of us send our cars there as Shelby is working on a lot of projects and Tasca could get our cars back to us more quickly. I live in Florida and am still waiting for a Florida mod shop or, one closer to save on shipping cost. By the way, does RI charge sales tax? Thanks, Bill.

Give them a little more time & I think (IMO) that you will see a Mod Shop in the Tampa Bay, FL area

So not only do you get a nice new job but you get to create your own words "convefrsation" . Which means Frustration and conversation put together :hysterical::hysterical::hysterical: You are a lucky man. :hysterical2:

Yup! :yup: Makin' my OWN words up! :read: I'm as clear as mud!!!

Must come with the turf... :hysterical:

To clarify, Shelby numbers are distributed in order that the individuals called to be on the list-- provided they put a deposit down when they are called by SA. If you call Tasca, and they took your deposit, they would call us immediately, and you are given the next available number on the list. If, say, there are 500 deposits, but number 123 is available, you can ask for the lowest available number.

Tasca has no control over assignment of numbers. Their customers are assigned numbers just like the rest.

Also, Tasca is not taking cars right now, they are taking names and deposits, that's all. Their first build may be #51, #72, or #463. Ultimately, it is up to the consumer to decide where they want the car to be built. I hope this helps clarify some of your questions...

Give them a little more time & I think (IMO) that you will see a Mod Shop in the Tampa Bay, FL area

:spiteful::stirpot:

To clarify, Shelby numbers are distributed in order that the individuals called to be on the list-- provided they put a deposit down when they are called by SA. If you call Tasca, and they took your deposit, they would call us immediately, and you are given the next available number on the list. If, say, there are 500 deposits, but number 123 is available, you can ask for the lowest available number.

Tasca has no control over assignment of numbers. Their customers are assigned numbers just like the rest.

Also, Tasca is not taking cars right now, they are taking names and deposits, that's all. Their first build may be #51, #72, or #463. Ultimately, it is up to the consumer to decide where they want the car to be built. I hope this helps clarify some of your questions...

So in other words if you have already put deposit down Tasca can take you when they are ready... Right?

Yup! :yup: Makin' my OWN words up! :read: I'm as clear as mud!!!

Must come with the turf... :hysterical:

Thank you for the clarification.

By the way, how about an update on the selection of a Florida mod shop.

I cast my vote for Tampa Bay Shelby.

Bill

Bill

East Coast???? :happy feet:

So in other words if you have already put deposit down Tasca can take you when they are ready... Right?

That's the way it should work, correct...hope this helps!

Bill

The official update is...we are in the process of selection right now, so I cannot comment specifically on the who & where. I can assure you that the people we have been speaking to are very well qualified, and are true fans, just as we are.

I appreciate your feedback and will update you as soon as I can, promise. ;)

Thanks for your patience, guys (and gals)!

Chris

I don't know how I feel about other shops building "SHELBY" conversions

this might become similar to the SALEEN dilemma

plenty of people throw a SALEEN bumper on a Mustang and call it a SALEEN when its not

I'm sure there will be many SHELBY posers too

but its a modern idea on SAI's part... outsource the production and still maintain high output figures

I don't know if it takes away from the exclusivity of having your car converted by Carroll Shelby's place

--Russ

I don't know how I feel about other shops building "SHELBY" conversions

this might become similar to the SALEEN dilemma

plenty of people throw a SALEEN bumper on a Mustang and call it a SALEEN when its not

I'm sure there will be many SHELBY posers too

but its a modern idea on SAI's part... outsource the production and still maintain high output figures

I don't know if it takes away from the exclusivity of having your car converted by Carroll Shelby's place

--Russ

Sorry you feel that way, Russ. We are hardly 'throwing bumpers' on cars, these are complete conversions, stem to stearn. Done exactly the same at any of the few certified locations we have. Vegas or not, they will be built identically under very strict guidelines.

Also, with regards to your 'high output' statement, these models are very limited even by the standards of the '60s.

I assume you are uncomfortable with this scenaro: Tom builds the conversion in Vegas. John trains in Vegas and does the conversion in Rhode Island--under strict guidelines from S.A.-- and under contract with Shelby Autos.

So, for you, I guess it gets down to where the mechanic resides? Or is it the shop location? If that is the case, you are free to ship the car to LV and have the conversion done there.

You will not be prevented from doing the conversion where you like, we are just giving you the option of doing it at one of a very few, very select locations.

Hope this clarifies things a bit...

Chris

Sorry you feel that way, Russ. We are hardly 'throwing bumpers' on cars, these are complete conversions, stem to stearn. Done exactly the same at any of the few certified locations we have. Vegas or not, they will be built identically under very strict guidelines.

Also, with regards to your 'high output' statement, these models are very limited even by the standards of the '60s.

I assume you are uncomfortable with this scenaro: Tom builds the conversion in Vegas. John trains in Vegas and does the conversion in Rhode Island--under strict guidelines from S.A.-- and under contract with Shelby Autos.

So, for you, I guess it gets down to where the mechanic resides? Or is it the shop location? If that is the case, you are free to ship the car to LV and have the conversion done there.

You will not be prevented from doing the conversion where you like, we are just giving you the option of doing it at one of a very few, very select locations.

Hope this clarifies things a bit...

Chris

I see Russ's Point

I see Russ's Point

Point? What point is that?

You (or a Mod Shop) cannot piece together a Super Snake, or a 40th for that matter. Some parts simply will not be available to the general public outside of a complete package. Further, these cars will be registered with SA to reduce the possibility of clonings/forgeries.

We have also devised many other safeguards in addition to this, and NO, I will absolutely NOT discuss these.

These cars will be rare, exclusive, and nearly impossible to clone.

Additionally, mark my words: if a Mod Shop ever attempts to clone a Shelby car, they will be terminated from contract immediately and the authorities will be notified. Period.

Point? What point is that?

You (or a Mod Shop) cannot piece together a Super Snake, or a 40th for that matter. Some parts simply will not be available to the general public outside of a complete package. Further, these cars will be registered with SA to reduce the possibility of clonings/forgeries.

We have also devised many other safeguards in addition to this, and NO, I will absolutely NOT discuss these.

These cars will be rare, exclusive, and nearly impossible to clone.

Additionally, mark my words: if a Mod Shop ever attempts to clone a Shelby car, they will be terminated from contract immediately and the authorities will be notified. Period.

Now that sounds GREAT!!!

Thanks Crispy for knowledge and insight!!!

People like you are the reasons why I read from this site!

Thanks again!! :headspin:

Now that sounds GREAT!!!

Thanks Crispy for knowledge and insight!!!

People like you are the reasons why I read from this site!

Thanks again!! :headspin:

Not a problem! I know sometimes it is not clear when a new program is launched. Lots of questions, and it is understandable when a major model such as this one launches.

Rest assured, we take our name, our reputation, and our own (you all) very seriously. We'll make it right or not make it at all. :)

Anyone that has any questions or needs any updates about having us do your work please feel free to contact me.

KMcCombs@Tasca.com

401-681-1359

If I am in the shop I may not be able to get your call, leave a message and I will call you back. E-Mail is the best method of contact though.

Hey Kyle - good talking with you the other day. You guys must be just giddy over all of this. Can't wait to get mine done. I sent an email - give me a buzz when you have a minute. Thanks.

When did he say they r going to be ready to start?

If all goes well we are looking at the beginning of November

We are just as excited to start building these as you guys are to get yours built, Once we get the final word from Shelby we will be good to go. Just so you guys are aware we do not know exactly when we will be able to start, its is looking like beginning of next month so lets hope for that.

Hope to get to meet some of you soon, Who on here is planning to stay in RI when there car is being built?

If all goes well we are looking at the beginning of November

We are just as excited to start building these as you guys are to get yours built, Once we get the final word from Shelby we will be good to go. Just so you guys are aware we do not know exactly when we will be able to start, its is looking like beginning of next month so lets hope for that.

Hope to get to meet some of you soon, Who on here is planning to stay in RI when there car is being built?

Thanks Kyle!!!

I plan on staying there while you fine gents are doing the conversion.... I frequent the area on business.

Did you guys get any parts yet? Last time I spoke to Steve he said you guys were very close!

Just very excited to get it done!!! Thanks again!

Archived