TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Ok my car is build i was just told?

scs1

Ok my car was Build Yesterday and it need strip's now right how long does it take to get striped ?

The car takes 22 hours to build and the stripes take 10 days to get installed.

I am not kidding.

your Shi--ing me for Real No way

80% of the cars are striped in the Shared Mazda plant. So your car is released from plant and then Submitted to foriegn plant. It has to be moved to the other plant. Staged in the parking lot, and then brought in and cleaned and prepped fro stripes. 7 to 10 days is what this has been taking. Ford is doing a very small percentage of the stripping in house because they just don't have the qualified stripe installers.

After your car is striped it has to be quality checked and then sent to Autoport for shipping. It is then inspected again at autoport and if anything is found wrong....it goes back to the plant.

Relax, we all had the same wait. See my signature for some proof.

After your car is striped it has to be quality checked and then sent to Autoport for shipping. It is then inspected again at autoport and if anything is found wrong....it goes back to the plant.

I would have put the "quality checked" in quotes. Have you noticed that they are misaligned to the drivers side by about 1/8"? Look at the gap around the rear license plate and it is obvious. All stripes that I have looked at (including several SGT's) have the same defect.

I would have put the "quality checked" in quotes. Have you noticed that they are misaligned to the drivers side by about 1/8"? Look at the gap around the rear license plate and it is obvious. All stripes that I have looked at (including several SGT's) have the same defect.

Mine are fine

GOintheGrass008.jpg

GOintheGrass004-1.jpg

PLATE006.jpg

ElevatedGOGT500photos025.jpg

Geeeeeeeeeeeeeeee you could paint the hole car in that Time it's hard to beleve that O well what can i say

You might want to lighten up a bit....try getting the car painted in that time FOR A DECENT COST. If Ford could do the striping in one day instead of 7, would you be willing to pay an extra $5,000? I didn't think so.

It's easy to criticize a process without knowing everything that goes into it. I spent 30 minutes at Dearborn talking to a person who works in the striping area. She described all the steps required and all the extra quality checks it has to go through.

Rob has gone out of his way to explain the process for you...it might be nice to thank him for his help.

Dave

Mine are not "obviously" misaligned. I have looked at 3 others up close and not seen this either.

I did take a scale and measure. Mine are actually off slightly, but to the PASSENGER side, and by less than 1/16". I could not see it with the naked eye...I've had my car since January and never noticed it.

AD

I am very impressed with the quality installation of my stripes. Here is a short vid of them, They look great.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9_N9DTBBkFY

Edit:

Bonus vid of me following Tana in the White GT/CS

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W-WdgqmS1rY

guys, as a newenbie chiming in,I can say we must cut ford motor some slack, my 08 which is now being shipped was put on hold to be restriped, and again on a final hold to replace a loose heat extractor. I would rather wait and enjoy the quality award the mustang has just received. By the way the toughest part of the striping process is where you do not even see,which is in the curved counter sink where the extractors fit into.The stripes have to lay flat, just as if it were painted. This attention to detail is worth the additional wait.

guys, as a newenbie chiming in,I can say we must cut ford motor some slack, my 08 which is now being shipped was put on hold to be restriped, and again on a final hold to replace a loose heat extractor. I would rather wait and enjoy the quality award the mustang has just received. By the way the toughest part of the striping process is where you do not even see,which is in the curved counter sink where the extractors fit into.The stripes have to lay flat, just as if it were painted. This attention to detail is worth the additional wait.

This is interesting that you know so much...can you share how you found out these details?

Thanks,

Dave

dave, as I live in the dearborn area I have got to know a lot of ford people and they have always been very helpful. You would be amazed at how much they know and take for granted. So I was able to find out about the car's progress and the hold ups. what I also found out was that the vin numbers are now stickers not rivets (was news to me)

dave, as I live in the dearborn area I have got to know a lot of ford people and they have always been very helpful. You would be amazed at how much they know and take for granted. So I was able to find out about the car's progress and the hold ups. what I also found out was that the vin numbers are now stickers not rivets (was news to me)

Thanks red. When you say stickers not rivets, you mean on the dash just under the window? If not, can you post a pic of what you mean?

Archived