TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Passenger Power Seat

val adamson

Need to add power seat to passenger side of 08 GT 500. Short wife needs height to see and make legs comfortable for trips. Will a driverside power unit bolt under the passenger side? Ford can't tell me. What they could tell me was if you modify it, forget the warrenty. Need help!!!

Changing the passenger seat should not void You're warranty as it is just a seat and they wouldn't notice unless it looked different. Second I would assume that all is needed is a power source because the seats are self contained. However If you use the driver side then the buttons would be right beside the console and be hard to get to. If you had the the regular interior than wouldn't the gt seats be the same You need the ones with the side air bag. safety first.

You could also fab up some different floor rails to raise the seat.

I would however not do the individual corners I would actually run a channel from front to back.

Not side to side bolt the channel to the floor then bolt the seat to the top.

Don't forget to debur the edges so they are not sharp. and paint them so they don't rust and stand out and look stupid. I have done this in the past and I still have the car and no problem. Cheaper than a new seat. You can get different widths from 1'2 to what ever you need.

Get it at steel supply shop.

3/16 inch should be thick enough.

I hope this helps

Art

Changing the passenger seat should not void You're warranty as it is just a seat and they wouldn't notice unless it looked different. Second I would assume that all is needed is a power source because the seats are self contained. However If you use the driver side then the buttons would be right beside the console and be hard to get to. If you had the the regular interior than wouldn't the gt seats be the same You need the ones with the side air bag. safety first.

You could also fab up some different floor rails to raise the seat.

I would however not do the individual corners I would actually run a channel from front to back.

Not side to side bolt the channel to the floor then bolt the seat to the top.

Don't forget to debur the edges so they are not sharp. and paint them so they don't rust and stand out and look stupid. I have done this in the past and I still have the car and no problem. Cheaper than a new seat. You can get different widths from 1'2 to what ever you need.

Get it at steel supply shop.

3/16 inch should be thick enough.

I hope this helps

Art

I think he was asking about using the driver's side Power Unit, not the driver's side seat.

Doesn't the Mustang GT have an option of power passenger seat?

if so.....

What you could probably do is get a set of power passenger seat tracks and mount them to the passenger seat, then to the floor. The floor should be the same in the GT and GT500 and the seat frames should also be the same.

Check salvage yards for the passenger power tracks (2005-2007).

May not be a warranty issue, but surely could be a liability issue if heaven forbid you are in an accident and your passenger gets injured. Remember that any modification made to a car, more so a seat, will play into any legal action should it become an issue!! Just an FYI and my opinion.

Doesn't the Mustang GT have an option of power passenger seat?

if so.....

What you could probably do is get a set of power passenger seat tracks and mount them to the passenger seat, then to the floor. The floor should be the same in the GT and GT500 and the seat frames should also be the same.

Check salvage yards for the passenger power tracks (2005-2007).

My passenger seat is powered.

May not be a warranty issue, but surely could be a liability issue if heaven forbid you are in an accident and your passenger gets injured. Remember that any modification made to a car, more so a seat, will play into any legal action should it become an issue!! Just an FYI and my opinion.

This is VERY true and the reason I would not mess with it at all.

I took a Monte Carlo power driver seat frame with power unit and installed it in my Elcamino that had a manual bucket seat. I ran a wire and separate fuse to the power unit and it worked fine. I removed the old salvage yard seat from the power frame and put my nice (matching ) driver seat that used to be on the mannual trac and it bolted up in the same holes.

Now if you had a power driver seat trac and motor assembly from another 05-up Mustang, (Either side) My guess is there's a pretty good chance the leather seat part out of your car would bolt directly to the power base. However If it does, then you have to make sure that the components that hook up your air bag are plugged in as they were before you took the seat out. Meaning nothing you did modified the actual seat and it's air bag components and the proper bolts were used to mount it. I believe it would be ok. BUT this deserves some research before you do it to be sure.

Archived