TEAM SHELBY FORUM

whos going to Tasca in RI ???

1badsho

Amy- I just posted the situation you are talking about in another thread about Tasca day. I actually have it all on tape and nobody did anything wrong from SAI. Carol insisted to you that he sign more and you wisely said no as the line was still a mile long and he had been out there long enough.

I have to say though, no body communicated how things were going to operate well at all. Tasca did not and neither did SAI.

I was there at 6am and ended up not getting Carols autograph because every single person I spoke to told me something different. I was originally told he would not be signing at all, he would just be walking around and in the golf cart. Then I was told this line was just for John Force.

Many members waited in line for more than 2 hours to just get turned away including myself but only for an hour or so of waiting. There should have been clear anouncements on the times and location Mr. Shelby would be signing so that way we would not be waiitng in line for 4 hours in 100 degree weather for nothing. We don't like the heat anymore than you guys!

I'm not pointing fingers but this event turned out to be bigger than I think most could have imagined so mistakes happen but I can see how some got frustrated and pissed off.

But don't worry, most of us are mature enough to understand what really happened.

PS-I could not be happier you are joining forces with Tasca again, especailly since it is only 1 hour from my house!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The gentleman with the photo of a red cobra was no one I know. My friend was a woman and was really only there as a friend of the dealership's management. She is not really a car person. She asked at the shelby trailer on my behalf, fairly early in the morning before much of a line had formed. It was an SAI person she talked to, a guy but did not get a name.

My point was that once again, SAI's lack of planning and poor communication leaves the public with a bad impression of the whole organization. The 'story' being handed out by SAI personel was not consistant nor truthful. They SHOULD have known what was to occur later in the day, not the temps but the general plan. They acted and spoke as if they did.

The incident did happen and happend to a good friend of the Tasca management. It is not to be 'dismissed'. Other than an apology, all I had really hoped for in posting this is that SAI can improve going forward and understand how thier actions are perceived by the public. Ultimately, this pubic image is all they have to sell.

Thank you Amy for the personal response. I do know you are trying and it shows.

James

The gentleman with the photo of a red cobra was no one I know. My friend was a woman and was really only there as a friend of the dealership's management. She is not really a car person. She asked at the shelby trailer on my behalf, fairly early in the morning before much of a line had formed. It was an SAI person she talked to, a guy but did not get a name.

My point was that once again, SAI's lack of planning and poor communication leaves the public with a bad impression of the whole organization. The 'story' being handed out by SAI personel was not consistant nor truthful. They SHOULD have known what was to occur later in the day, not the temps but the general plan. They acted and spoke as if they did.

The incident did happen and happend to a good friend of the Tasca management. It is not to be 'dismissed'. Other than an apology, all I had really hoped for in posting this is that SAI can improve going forward and understand how thier actions are perceived by the public. Ultimately, this pubic image is all they have to sell.

Thank you Amy for the personal response. I do know you are trying and it shows.

James

I was there when the SAI trailer opened around 8.45 in the morning. I am sorry that your friend was told this and you did not get your autograph and I am not doubting your story just trying to figure out who would have told you this because Robert and myself were there first thing in the morning when the trailer opened to help and we did not tell anyone they had to pay 250.00 for a non-car part. We were they only ones there other than the driver for little awhile.

Why did you friend not go to her friend in Tasca management when she was told this wrong information and see what they could do? Tasca guys had stuff signed all day.

I want to thank the entire Tasca and Shelby families and staff for making Saturday one of the greatest days in my life. Special thanks to Mr. Shelby for signing autographs for us for 1 1\2 hours directly sitting in the scorching sun. After all that and then walking on your own to the showroom proves to me that you are one tough old so and so (sorry). :hysterical2: Hope you are with us for many years to come. Thanks to everyone for making Saturday so pleasant and great. It's a day I meet the man and the legend and I will never forget it.

post-6385-1188218261_thumb.jpg

Brian and SVTbird nice meeting both of you yesterday. Brian too bad you were not able to make the party after the event. I will post some pics of the event later today or tomorrow. Still recouping. It was very hot! I never want to roll another poster again. :hysterical2:

As far as the announcement, Jammie Tasca made an announcement clearly stating the John Force, Robert Height, Bob Tasca Sr. and the III along with Carroll would be signing at the front tents. But they were waiting for John Force's plane to land. She also announced where the line was forming also. After the announcement the line grew quickly. The olny issue I did see was the lack of donation forms but they also had an alternetive.

For awhile yesterday, there was Magic.

Brian and SVTbird nice meeting both of you yesterday. Brian too bad you were not able to make the party after the event. I will post some pics of the event later today or tomorrow. Still recouping. It was very hot! I never want to roll another poster again. :hysterical2:

As far as the announcement, Jammie Tasca made an announcement clearly stating the John Force, Robert Height, Bob Tasca Sr. and the III along with Carroll would be signing at the front tents. But they were waiting for John Force's plane to land. She also announced where the line was forming also. After the announcement the line grew quickly. The olny issue I did see was the lack of donation forms but they also had an alternetive.

Roger ,

It was nice meeting you and having a chance to chat for a while at your home. It was very gracious of you and your wife to open your home to all of us esp with all the food and drinks. It was a nice way to finish out an already incredable day spent with all those great cars and even better people.

Look forward to seeing you in future get togethers.

I can't wait to see how your car turns out , hope you get it sooner than expected . Be sure to post lots of pics when you do.

George.......

IMG_1131.jpg

I want to thank the entire Tasca and Shelby families and staff for making Saturday one of the greatest days in my life. Special thanks to Mr. Shelby for signing autographs for us for 1 1\2 hours directly sitting in the scorching sun. After all that and then walking on your own to the showroom proves to me that you are one tough old so and so (sorry). :hysterical2: Hope you are with us for many years to come. Thanks to everyone for making Saturday so pleasant and great. It's a day I meet the man and the legend and I will never forget it.

+ 1 :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet:

Roger ,

It was nice meeting you and having a chance to chat for a while at your home. It was very gracious of you and your wife to open your home to all of us esp with all the food and drinks. It was a nice way to finish out an already incredable day spent with all those great cars and even better people.

Look forward to seeing you in future get togethers.

I can't wait to see how your car turns out , hope you get it sooner than expected . Be sure to post lots of pics when you do.

George.......

IMG_1131.jpg

The "Badfamily" was planning on stopping by just to say hello. We left Tasca and headed to your house......Had trouble finding it and then we discovered that our "Bad car" was actually being bad! One of the fuel lines (not sure if thats fully correct) were leaking alittle bit,so backto TASCA we went to see if they could help us just so we could get the car home......Yup, they were awesome! They were able to clamp what was leaking to make it good for awhile. We were going to attempt to try to find the house again, but did not want to chance the fuel lines again with the kids in the car. Sorry we missed everyone, that would hav3e been a great ending to a perfect day!!!! :happy feet:

Robert and I am sorry we were not able to make it to the party. By the time we helped close up the trailer and get back to the hotel it was 7.30. I would have liked to see everyone.

It was also very nice to meet you Roger. I wish we had more time to talk, but once Amy told me the line was forming for autographs it seems I was there the rest of the day. I did get my autograph and two hands shakes with Mr. Shelby. My wife missed both shots with her camera, but I don't want to go there right now. :hysterical2: Sorry we didn't go to your home afterwards I know you and your wife spent a lot of time putting it together and again I appologize. By 2:30 my wife and I were ready to head home and jump in our pool to cool off. We have three dogs at home and both my boys had plans after the show. I was so sorry to hear about Adam's car. I know Amy and the Tasca family will work to get it done for Adam. I look forward to spending more time with you soon. I will be going to Mustangsunlimited in two weeks and hope to spend more time with the group. There will be no lines to stand in on that day and hopefully it will be under 100*.

Edit: Mr. Shelby signing my window sticker.

post-6385-1188225343_thumb.jpg

post-6385-1188225343_thumb.jpg

Sooooo sorry I missed this - I didn't do enough follow-up to know the details. Looks like there was a fine turnout in any case. Maybe next year?

PICT1114.JPG

It was nice to see you again. That is a very nice shirt you are sporting in that photo i wonder where you go that very nice shirt :dreamy: . :hysterical: Next time we met I am hoping to have more time to talk this month has been so busy between The first annual S197 Shelby three day show and the Dream Ward Cruise then Tasca things have crazy, but in a wonderful way. Who could ask for a better day than to be next to the legend all day.

Robert and I am sorry we were not able to make it to the party. By the time we helped close up the trailer and get back to the hotel it was 7.30. I would have liked to see everyone.

Robert and Sharon it was great seeing you both again. I don't want to be a wise guy or anything but, Sharon you could have told Roger you let Robert drive after the show and got lost.................

:hysterical: Sorry Robert I like to tease my friends.

The Tasca show was absolutely awesome and everyone was so nice and helpfull -- it was like a huge family event ...and it was!!! ;-)

It was great to see those from Dearborn again ...and meet so many others for the first time.

Ross and Adam, sorry I couldn't make the after party -- was travelling with a friend from CT who needed to get back.

Adam, your car (and Shelby Fender guitar) are both very cool ...and your little boy was a trip! If I ever need anything 'guarded' I know who I'm calling! ;-)

Who knows, maybe someday I'll actually own one! :cry: ...in the meantime, this is a community/family of folks that just plain rock! :rockon: What a wonderful day (and thank God for Tasca's frigid showroom

Ok, now... let's open that hood on the SS! ;)

Dan

Btw, I mentioned to the owner of the white '65 Pro-stock-looking mustang sporting the billet 385-series 580cid mountain motor that the car looked like the original white Tasca drag mustang. He said: "It is!" How cool is that!

Really looks like everyone that attended had a great time. Truly wish I could have been there.

Heck, I'll just be glad to get back to Houston tonight and see my own GT500. It might even stop raining long enough this weekend that I can get it out of the garage before I leave town again...

I spotted this '65 wimbledon white stang and remarked to one onlooker that it looks like the white Tasca racer from the '60s. The owner overheard us and said: it is the old Tasca racer!! ...except now sporting a billet alloy 385-series cammer 580cid mountain motor!! You should have heard it when he fired it up to leave the lot for the trailer :drool: !!!

post-4902-1188359671_thumb.jpg

post-4902-1188359686_thumb.jpg

post-4902-1188359671_thumb.jpg

post-4902-1188359686_thumb.jpg

...and this little Shelby was just so sweet (one of many Shelbys smallblock and bigblock, old and new)...

post-4902-1188361816_thumb.jpg

I love it!

$3.55 for antifreeze?? I guess they WOULD need that up in Fargo, but what's the extra charge for?

Brian, George, Sharron, Robert, Chris, the badfamily, the Long Island Shelby and Mustang club and everyone else, thank you. It was a special day in New England and I was happy to offer and hopefully take some heat off of everyone :hysterical: It is too bad it was so uncomfortable. The weather the prior weekend was just perfect. For those who tried to communicate with me that day I am sorry I did not get back to you. It was a real hectic day. I opened my home in the early morning (5:00AM) for any members who wanted to give their ride a quick wash prior to attending and had some takers. Then to help my wife in setting up. I did manage to get to the show for a couple of hours then back to the house for final set up.

I wish you all could have attened. George, I spoke with Bud at Shelby yesterday and the car is getting closer to entering the shop. Out of stock parts were ordered on Monday. I hope to see the car prior to the end of September. Brian, nice seeing you even if it was for a brief chat. Mark and Sharon made the trip from Florida great meeting both of you.

For those who attended I do have a keepsake of the day in the form of a poster. I never knew that my neighbor was a professional photographer and digital artist. He snapped a few pics which are below. For those who would like the file for the poster just PM me. The file is quite large and needs to be zipped. Enjoy from an artists perspective.

Roger

_DSC0040.jpg

_DSC0034.jpg

_DSC0043.jpg

_DSC0046.jpg

_DSC0001.jpg

_DSC0005.jpg

_DSC0034.jpg

_DSC0013.jpg

_DSC0021.jpg

_DSC0022.jpg

Brian, George, Sharron, Robert, Chris, the badfamily, the Long Island Shelby and Mustang club and everyone else, thank you. It was a special day in New England and I was happy to offer and hopefully take some heat off of everyone :hysterical: It is too bad it was so uncomfortable. The weather the prior weekend was just perfect. For those who tried to communicate with me that day I am sorry I did not get back to you. It was a real hectic day. I opened my home in the early morning (5:00AM) for any members who wanted to give their ride a quick wash prior to attending and had some takers. Then to help my wife in setting up. I did manage to get to the show for a couple of hours then back to the house for final set up.

I wish you all could have attened. George, I spoke with Bud at Shelby yesterday and the car is getting closer to entering the shop. Out of stock parts were ordered on Monday. I hope to see the car prior to the end of September. Brian, nice seeing you even if it was for a brief chat. Mark and Sharon made the trip from Florida great meeting both of you.

For those who attended I do have a keepsake of the day in the form of a poster. I never knew that my neighbor was a professional photographer and digital artist. He snapped a few pics which are below. For those who would like the file for the poster just PM me. The file is quite large and needs to be zipped. Enjoy from an artists perspective.

Roger

_DSC0040.jpg

_DSC0034.jpg

_DSC0043.jpg

_DSC0046.jpg

_DSC0001.jpg

_DSC0005.jpg

_DSC0034.jpg

_DSC0013.jpg

_DSC0021.jpg

_DSC0022.jpg

Sorry we missed the party! between having a hard time finding the first street to turn on and then the bigger problem with the fuel line, just wasnt meant to be..... Got some awesome shots there!!!!!

Sorry we missed the party! between having a hard time finding the first street to turn on and then the bigger problem with the fuel line, just wasnt meant to be..... Got some awesome shots there!!!!!

It's too bad you didn't make it. I had a Ford Master Tech that attended the party and a full tool box! The mapquest directions just confused everyone. They listed exit 10B when 10A was the right exit. I should have posted the link from the Shelby Forum. Oh well what's done is done. They would both get you there but the sign for the first turn was confusing. It would have been left at the second stop light. I'm sure we will do this again, hopefully with more comfortable weather.

Archived