TEAM SHELBY FORUM

whos going to Tasca in RI ???

1badsho

Going through Washington DC and New York City (Queens) was a pain in the a$$! Never do it again in my Shelby!

consider taking CT RT 15 (merrit parkway-very nice ride) to 287 over tappan ZEE...nicer ride and bypass GWB, 287 ends at the NJ Turnpike, its direct, but a little out of the way. Cross Bronx has pot holes bigger than a yugo.

Ixodes

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Don't forget to take a ton of pics for the ones who can't make it!

Mark,

+1, get pics of the SS under the hood :snake: want to see the ram air intake if it is finished , also are the Baer extreme the same as on the SAI parts web site, same size rotor 14" or bigger 15"? Alcoas, is the actual SS engraved Alcoas on it now or the same ones from Tulsa that only have the SS center cap? If you can get close up pics of these great!! Wish I could make it.. :banghead: but won't. I'm sure you guys/gals will have fun therehappy%20feet.gif

I'll be there holding a big card board sign with "SEXYSTANG" written in bold font and hope the Aveo aint there.

+1!! (The Aveo part)

I'm actually driving SexyStang there!! Aren't I lucky? :yup: :D

:hysterical2:

I hope to meet you all; looking forward to it!! :yahoo:

NX-we might try and stop over in an hour or so. We went to Tasca Ford this morning and they had removed the KR and SS from the truck but it was hidden at Carroll's request. Met Karl Tasca and had a nice chat with him. He said Amy and Carroll were arriving by private jet tonight. He did not think John Force was bringing any of his daughters. Hot here today and we cleaned our cars up with lots of the famous brake dust caked all over! Karl told us to get here around 7A.M.. Place was humming and a real nice Ford Dealership! We were told the news we all heard was TRUE. I think this will be a good location in the Northeast.

NX-we might try and stop over in an hour or so. We went to Tasca Ford this morning and they had removed the KR and SS from the truck but it was hidden at Carroll's request. Met Karl Tasca and had a nice chat with him. He said Amy and Carroll were arriving by private jet tonight. He did not think John Force was bringing any of his daughters. Hot here today and we cleaned our cars up with lots of the famous brake dust caked all over! Karl told us to get here around 7A.M.. Place was humming and a real nice Ford Dealership! We were told the news we all heard was TRUE. I think this will be a good location in the Northeast.

Very Cool thanks for the updated info I wish I was there already!!! :waiting:

I wonder where they Hid SS??? :headscratch:

Come out, Come out wherever you are!! :hysterical2: :hysterical2:

OK, we just got back from meeting NX338 at his families speed shop. Wow, nice car! Fast too! Bad Boy and NX would be a good race. He had never seen a black Shelby with White Stripes. Must be unique up here? Looking forward to meeting some great folks tomorrow!

Mark

OK, we just got back from meeting NX338 at his families speed shop. Wow, nice car! Fast too! Bad Boy and NX would be a good race. He had never seen a black Shelby with White Stripes. Must be unique up here? Looking forward to meeting some great folks tomorrow!

Mark

:) I NEED SLICKS!!! maby he can hook me up.........see ya in the am......

Yep, he had slicks and he knows who you are! I would love to see you two match up! See you in the morning.

Mark

The cars are almost the same,It would be a drivers race.....We should be there by 7:30 or so....This will be a very fun day!!!! :happy feet:

Mark

It was very nice to meet you guys...I'm glad you found time to stop by. I'm just sorry it was so busy and I didn't have more time talk to you guys.

I will see you bright and early tomorrow morning. Mark try not to eat too much pizza...and Keep Jim away from the seafood restaurant!

Looking forward to meeting more you tomorrow...

I had a good friend of our family that was to be in the area today so asked them to stop by and see CS for me.

Bad Move.

I really got an ear full this evening over the extreamly 'holyer than thou' attitude of the entire shelby staff and the downright RUDE responses when she asked if CS could autograph a photo of my car.

After all the negative experience I have had with SAI in the last year and then this, I really do not think I will persue any further relationship with CS or SAI. I did not want to believe what was said about him and his supposed charity in the media and wanted to believe his response but....with a public persona like this, its pretty hard not to come away just as dissapointed with CS as I have been with SAI.

All about the quick buck and to h$!! with any long term customer relationships.

Almost glad I was not there. I likely would have said some things that I would have regretted later.

I had a good friend of our family that was to be in the area today so asked them to stop by and see CS for me.

Bad Move.

I really got an ear full this evening over the extreamly 'holyer than thou' attitude of the entire shelby staff and the downright RUDE responses when she asked if CS could autograph a photo of my car.

After all the negative experience I have had with SAI in the last year and then this, I really do not think I will persue any further relationship with CS or SAI. I did not want to believe what was said about him and his supposed charity in the media and wanted to believe his response but....with a public persona like this, its pretty hard not to come away just as dissapointed with CS as I have been with SAI.

Almost glad I was not there. I likely would have said some things that I would have regretted later.

Sorry your friend had a bad experience. I have to say however, we were there and did not feel that way at all. Everyone there was very friendly from the Tasca employees to Shelby employees...If you were willing to wait in line for the signatures, Carroll Shelby was signing autographs for about 2 hours. granted the line was extremely long, but alot of people were waiting. He was signing car parts for a donation to the Childrens Foundation and then if you had anything else other than car parts,(had 2 separate lines going) he was signing them as well,no donations needed for those items. Unfortunately we were not able to get our trunk signed. The line was just to long. guess we will have to send it to Vegas :hysterical:

Bad Move.

Just returned from Tasca and have to say my experience was totally opposite from that of your friend.I had a few questions regarding the SS which I directed to the staff at the Shelby tent and they were cordial, friendlly and gave me all the time I needed to have my question asked. I also waited on line to have my manual folder and fuse box cover signed While on line at least three of the Shelby staff moved up and down the line freely talking to all those waiting.When my items were being signed Iwas allowed to take a few pictures and was always treated in a friendly manner. I even was able to speak with Amy and inspite of the wicked heat and humidity and the enormous crowd she was great-friendly and willing to answer questions. I met a number of other forum members there and I must say everyone I spoke to said they were treated well. Your friends reaction really seems to be the exception

Sorry, she asked and was told explicitly that CS would not sign any autographs unless a $250 fee was paid, car parts or not. When she tried to explain it was just a photo and he had already signed the car and gotten the $250 donation was when they cut her short and rudely suggested she should not be trying to cheat the charity out of the $$. She confirmed it was an SAI employee but not Amy. She would have been willing to stand in the line, in fact had planned on it and she is not the type to be easily offended.

Sorry, she asked and was told explicitly that CS would not sign any autographs unless a $250 fee was paid, car parts or not. When she tried to explain it was just a photo and he had already signed the car and gotten the $250 donation was when they cut her short and rudely suggested she should not be trying to cheat the charity out of the $$. She confirmed it was an SAI employee but not Amy. She would have been willing to stand in the line, in fact had planned on it and she is not the type to be easily offended.

Sorry to here about the bad experence by your friend. There was a bit of confusion at first as to how to get a signature and what was expected as far as the donation was concerned. No one seemed to know exactly what was expected until later in the morning, by them the line was a mile long ( figuratively ). It was so hot in the sun I passed on the opportunity myself.

I was under the impression the donation was only for car parts signed. Could it be the person she talked to also misunderstood what the policy was too ?

Everyone there both from Tasca and SAI were very cordial and pleasent ,geuinely glad to see everyone. Maybe this was a some sort of misunderstanding . Did I mention it was very hot there...........

Sorry to here about the bad experence by your friend. There was a bit of confusion at first as to how to get a signature and what was expected as far as the donation was concerned. No one seemed to know exactly what was expected until later in the morning, by them the line was a mile long ( figuratively ). It was so hot in the sun I passed on the opportunity myself.

I was under the impression the donation was only for car parts signed. Could it be the person she talked to also misunderstood what the policy was too ?

Everyone there both from Tasca and SAI were very cordial and pleasent ,geuinely glad to see everyone. Maybe this was a some sort of misunderstanding . Did I mention it was very hot there...........

For clarification! I had a car part signed for a $250 donation to the childrens fund and had a non car item signed for free. I waited on line for 4 hours and everyone was great.

Bad Move.

well, first of, carroll did sign for 1 1/2 hours, he only charged for auto parts which is the rule and always has been. He did not charge for hats pictures, diecast, misc items , he only charged for car parts.

Now after 1 1/2 hours we had to cut the line as Carroll was out in that 94 digree weather and like 100 percent humitity, he was worn down, the rest of us who worked the line were equally exhausted from being out that heat being pushed, prodded etc.

There was one man, who had a picture of a red cobra or maybe a mustang, I believe of him or someone with the car, he swore up and down he just wanted to show it to carroll, there was still a line for autographs that carroll couldn't accomodate, we let him show carroll the picture, then, he insisted on the autograph, we said no, he insisted, we asked him to move along, carroll could sign that and leave all those other people in the line wanting and waiting, I was the one who asked them to leave, we accomodated everyone we could, we tried our best, the weather was amazingly hot and carroll who probably shouldn't have been out there at all did a herculean effort, he was supposed to sign Adam O'dwyers car, Adam has had thousands of dollars of work done at Shelby and an equal amount at tasca. but we had to get him to the airport early as he was done for the day. I don't know how many autographs he signed, but he it was many.

I am sorry about your friend, I dont know if this was the guy or not, but he used a false prense to get close, and we turned him away once we realized.

Amy

Ps, thanks to Sharon, Robert, Chris, Rodney , Adam and all the others who helped us in the both, as we were over run and it was one of the best events I have been to, I also want to thank all the site guys and gals who introduced thmselves. It was pleasure meeting you all and talking to all and putting a face to the name

This could not have been a SAi employee, we made announcements over the loud speaker, we had people in the booth and the only females from SAI were me and tracey, and we worked the line. not one of my employees would ever say a line " suggusting cheating the charity"

There is something that just doesnt sound right here, why didn't she ask me, I was at the head of the line, I answered a million questions., maybe she didnt want to stand in line, at 94 degrees and 100 percent humity, I wouldn't blame here, John Force was a bit late, so that also made it worse, as all those people standed in line in that heat for hours.

Amy - thanks again for taking the time to help set yet another story straight. Suffice it to say that some will never be satisfied and will always have something to complain about. They're recognized as misinformed and their considered opinions should be dismissed. Some simply have the need to be heard and know of only one way to communicate. It's funny how one from 1000s of miles away can paint a picture that the 1000s who attended didn't see at all. Nuff said...

I was there, too, and my only complaint is that I missed you enitrely. CS being the rock star that he is - I got to shake his hand for a moment and was so focused on him, that I only realized I missed you when I looked at my pics. You were Carroll's shadow...how I missed you - go figure. Hope to catch up with you at some other event. You're doing a hell of a job.

Ps, thanks to Sharon, Robert, Chris, Rodney , Adam and all the others who helped us in the both, as we were over run and it was one of the best events I have been to, I also want to thank all the site guys and gals who introduced thmselves. It was pleasure meeting you all and talking to all and putting a face to the name

Rodney?

Theirs 2 of us? :drop:

Unfortunetly I was stuck in Michigan & unable to go to TASCA event even though I would have loved to have been there.

I too was up in that line in what felt like 150, and did not tell anyone that they had to pay 250 for a non-car part. Other than a few kinks that got worked out pretty quickly it was a truly wonderful day. i can say that I had a great time and both Tasca and Shelby are great people. I too just have one complaint that I did not have time to talk to more members like I wanted to. I wanted to thank all of you who came out and I hope to have more time to talk in the future. i truly enjoyed meeting all of you.

well, first of, carroll did sign for 1 1/2 hours, he only charged for auto parts which is the rule and always has been. He did not charge for hats pictures, diecast, misc items , he only charged for car parts.

Now after 1 1/2 hours we had to cut the line as Carroll was out in that 94 digree weather and like 100 percent humitity, he was worn down, the rest of us who worked the line were equally exhausted from being out that heat being pushed, prodded etc.

There was one man, who had a picture of a red cobra or maybe a mustang, I believe of him or someone with the car, he swore up and down he just wanted to show it to carroll, there was still a line for autographs that carroll couldn't accomodate, we let him show carroll the picture, then, he insisted on the autograph, we said no, he insisted, we asked him to move along, carroll could sign that and leave all those other people in the line wanting and waiting, I was the one who asked them to leave, we accomodated everyone we could, we tried our best, the weather was amazingly hot and carroll who probably shouldn't have been out there at all did a herculean effort, he was supposed to sign Adam O'dwyers car, Adam has had thousands of dollars of work done at Shelby and an equal amount at tasca. but we had to get him to the airport early as he was done for the day. I don't know how many autographs he signed, but he it was many.

I am sorry about your friend, I dont know if this was the guy or not, but he used a false prense to get close, and we turned him away once we realized.

Amy

Amy,

I for one have to say that everyone, including yourself, did an awesome job at TASCA!!! It was so great to meet you. Badboy has been talking about you since he met you in Vegas last March. Ddnt think I would get a chance to meet you but Im glad I did....Mr. Shelby did an awesome job..I think he was quite the trooper! Sitting in that heat for 1 1/2 hours must have been extremely hard for him, but he did it.. :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet: The man is awesome!! Thank you again for taking a minute to speak with the "Badfamily" ! It was a pleasure!!

Amy - thanks again for taking the time to help set yet another story straight. Suffice it to say that some will never be satisfied and will always have something to complain about. They're recognized as misinformed and their considered opinions should be dismissed. Some simply have the need to be heard and know of only one way to communicate. It's funny how one from 1000s of miles away can paint a picture that the 1000s who attended didn't see at all. Nuff said...

I was there, too, and my only complaint is that I missed you enitrely. CS being the rock star that he is - I got to shake his hand for a moment and was so focused on him, that I only realized I missed you when I looked at my pics. You were Carroll's shadow...how I missed you - go figure. Hope to catch up with you at some other event. You're doing a hell of a job.

+ 1 :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet:

Archived