TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Bullit coming soon ?

CSX/C5ZZ

I was looking at the color chart for 2008 Ford cars, I see that Highland green, code PX is available on Mustangs, chart says late availability. Could this be a Bullit exclusive color ?? :dreamy: Mark

It could be.

I see you're from my neck of the woods. What town ?

They only made 5582 Bullitts in 2001 and we sold eight (8) of them. They are not going to be scarcely allocated like GT500's - it'll be more like the GT California Specials where a dealer can order one at free will, but Ford doesn't expect dealers to order bunches of them.

The order code is already in the order banks (option code 54B), so a Bullitt can be ordered now, but will not be built until Job #2 starts in early December.

They only made 5582 Bullitts in 2001 and we sold eight (8) of them. They are not going to be scarcely allocated like GT500's - it'll be more like the GT California Specials where a dealer can order one at free will, but Ford doesn't expect dealers to order bunches of them.

The order code is already in the order banks (option code 54B), so a Bullitt can be ordered now, but will not be built until Job #2 starts in early December.

So what does 54B get you? Color + wheels?

Thanks for the reply five oh. I am really trying to talk the old lady into ordering one.

SO if they build in Dec. could we be expecting in march or April? I know the GT500's took forever, but I can't imagine these will be as bad. We have a few bills to pay off, but... If I sell my '07 mazda 3s, and sell my cbr... Yeah, that ought to do it. Ever since we sold the GT500, I can't even see a GT go by without me wincing and her shaking her head saying 'I know. You miss Shelby.'

BTW I have always been a huge McQueen fan. Just ask my cat Steve.

Found this over at Brad Barnett's site, according to his sources, production has begun. I was under the impression that production would not begin until much later (we had been hearing December) so we'll have to wait for final confirmation.

http://forums.bradbarnett.net/showthread.p...5267#post995267

Found this over at Brad Barnett's site, according to his sources, production has begun. I was under the impression that production would not begin until much later (we had been hearing December) so we'll have to wait for final confirmation.

http://forums.bradbarnett.net/showthread.p...5267#post995267

It says PREproduction. So they are not in production yet.

• 2 weeks later...
Ok, this is gonna start getting interesting. If they will be building them this year, the info will have to start coming out...whether it's by "speak or leak".

I want complete engine info. :happy feet:

we've had a couple green bullits come down the line a couple weeks ago, and they are sweet! only pre production , and we didnt test roll them, the launch team took them away! mods: cold air, 3.73 gears, and exhuast.

Ok. I goofed around with CONCEPS. PX is the paint code for Highland Green. It is only available with Dark Charcoal interior. when you finish the order, w/o punching in any option codes, it tells you "T82 N/A PAINT/TRIM COLOR SELECTED CONSULT ORDER GUIDE" but if you switch to a T85(convertible) the color doesn't even show up as selectable.

54B IS NOW LISTED AS BULLITT PACKAGE FOR MSRP OF $1895(same price as the GT/CS package) THIS PROBABLY DOESN'T INCLUDE ALL OF THE OPTIONS, BUT IT DOES HAVE A NUMBER NOW.

Now when you hit enter to finish the order it tells you that 54B BULLITT PKG NA FOR JOB1 ORDERS. IT DOES NOT TELL ME THE COLOR ISN'T AVAILABLE ANYMORE. it does tell me to add 425(50 state emissions STD / BULLITT)

My guess is that they haven't brought up the pricing to include any performance enhancements, but that it will have similar body enhancements to the CS since the cost is about the same.

pot stirring complete! :stirpot:

and you are all welcome :roses:

Archived