TEAM SHELBY FORUM

what do you guys think?

rdiaz89

i am currently thinking about swapping out my flowmaster 40s! and i am in debate whether i should go slp loudmouth or frpp stingers? can i get your guys opinion and feedback? thanks

Welcome to Stangs. Give it a day and you will get some good feedback. I have the Corsa's on both my Stangs, so I can't help you. See ya around.

i am currently thinking about swapping out my flowmaster 40s! and i am in debate whether i should go slp loudmouth or frpp stingers? can i get your guys opinion and feedback? thanks

From what I've heard on posted videos and from others' reports, the Loudmouths are soooo sweet on the GT500 if you like that growling muscle car sound. That being said, I recall reading that it comes out much louder on the Mustang and may be more than most people want. Do a search on "loudmouth"...there's several threads.

rdiaz89,

I may not be the best person to give advice on this, since I don't have a Mustang yet, but, I have done a LOT of listening to clips on the internet. There's a guy that goes by the name of "tacobill" that does some incredible write-ups on S197 installs of everything from stripes, to exhaust, to suspension. Here's a link http://forums.bradbarnett.net/member.php?u=2008 Click on the "my videos" link, and you should find some clips with his Stinger exhaust. VERY cool stuff!

Hope that helps,

- Josh

i have seen all of "tacobills" videos already and am very happy with the way they sound! but i dont really trust sound clips :banghead: because i bought my flows because i based it on soundclips and have noticed they sound quite different LIVE!

but then again the slp loudmouths sound amazing too!

i have seen all of "tacobills" videos already and am very happy with the way they sound! but i dont really trust sound clips :banghead: because i bought my flows because i based it on soundclips and have noticed they sound quite different LIVE!

damn!...every SLP loudmouth video out there just makes me smile and feel warm all over :headspin:

The only other thing I might suggest is look online to find out if there are any Mustang cruises, or Mustang shows in your area coming soon, and see if anyone there has the Stingers installed. Its been my experience that most Mustang owners are quite willing and proud to show off their cars and oblige a fellow enthusiast. Otherwise, you're stuck with sound clips.

I really like Bill's Stingers, but, my personal preference (based purely on sound clips) is the JBA exhaust system for the GT. Wow, are they throaty! This may not serve to do anything but frustrate you further, but, check out their audio clips under "2005 Mustang GT 4.6L 3v" The "idle and rev" is the one that made me ga-ga. http://www.jbaheaders.com/sounds.asp

- Josh

nachtkriechen:

i have tried to attend many shows! but its gettting quite difficult for me because i work most of the days car show go on! :finger: and no it does not frustrate me im open to any ideas you have :beerchug: so keep em coming!i have heard the jbas live and they sound good but usually people swap them out because they get too raspy 4 their taste! not a good thing to hear! :finger: but after doing months of researching it seems to me that the borlas and slps are the hot buys that make people quite happy! :headspin:

nachtkriechen:

i have tried to attend many shows! but its gettting quite difficult for me because i work most of the days car show go on! :finger: and no it does not frustrate me im open to any ideas you have :beerchug: so keep em coming!i have heard the jbas live and they sound good but usually people swap them out because they get too raspy 4 their taste! not a good thing to hear! :finger: but after doing months of researching it seems to me that the borlas and slps are the hot buys that make people quite happy! :headspin:

rdiaz89,

I didn't know about the "raspy" issue. That's good to keep in mind. I've listened to some loud mouth clips, and (to me) they sound "ok", but, they're not really my thing. Though, as you've said, audio clips aren't the same as being there and hearing them first hand, or even better, how it sounds in the driver's seat is best!

- Josh

Archived