TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2011 GT350 engine light

The check engine on my 2011 GT350 (624 hp) flickered, went off, then came back solid while driving home from an event. Have about 5600 miles on car and it ran home without incident or any roughness.   But need to get it checked.  Suspect a bad 02 sensor that got a bit too much gas when I miss shifted. I will be sending to the dealer, but in case of any tune re-flash, SA says that I would have to check with Whipple as neither the dealer or I have it as it did not come with the Shelby.  

Any thoughts or has anyone else had this issue with their 2011-2014 GT350?

• 2 weeks later...

You need to post the code...   Invest in a $20 bluetooth OBDII reader and an app on your cell phone.  I use the Torque (Lite) app on my Android phone.   Then reset the code and see if it comes back.  You can also take it to almost any auto parts store like Autozone to read the code.  Sometimes they will reset the code for you but some have a policy to not do that any more. 

Found that I have an old Innova 3100 OBD2  reader and hope to get an idea of the problem.  But I will still be going in for regualar annual service month to get everything checked.  Hopefully, the code that I get can be reset and the car is safe to drive.  Otherwise it will take a trip on a transporter.

Found my OBD2 reader.  Code: 0304 is for cylinder 4 misfire.  I will let the dealer inspect plug and wires for the problem.  Car is gaaraged, never pushed hard and has less than 6000 miles.  I was only out for a cruise when the light came on so I hope it isn't serious.  SA does not have the tune if I need it.  I have to get it from Whipple according to them.  I am trying to get as much info for the dealer as possible so they do not have to chase all over for assistance.😎