TEAM SHELBY FORUM

5.4 Shelby's 2008 GT500 Has Arrived!

5.4 Shelby

Kevin,

It turns out that Ralph was pretty darn close to getting your delivery date right on the money. If you remember, when I talked to him on Aug. 9th....he said that you would have it in 7 days. He was 2 days off.

Pretty close call after all.

Congrats

Is it Modding time?

I already have Corsas and the FRPP ST Shifter.

Gonna start installing in the morning.

Unfortunately, the Hurst stick ball I got is not oriented the right direction. I'll have to figure something else out. I'll decide on CAI, tune and maybe pulley later.

Congrats my friend. She looks great. Did the dealer do you right ? I hope he stuck to his word. You have been very patient and deserve that car. Have fun with her.

Rob, I was going to call you on the way home, but, decided to wait and post it with pics.

Yes, he stuck to his word. I got it for MSRP. I suppose you could say I paid an ADM in that I bought an extended warranty. I never buy those. Since he sold it at sticker, I felt obligated to throw a few extra dollars at him. I also bought the Shelby cover and FRPP ST shifter from him. I will be going back for more Ford purchases in the future.

Mike Raisor Ford Rocks

I have been holding out to post until the deal was done. These guys are genuine. They gave me their word and stuck to it. No hassles, no attitude. I will be recommending them to anyone I can in the future.

Salesman was Ed Pietsch (peach).

All in all, a wonderful experience.

Ralph was pretty close. Be sure to tell him Thanks for all he has done for me and for everyone else on the site.

Time to go back out and work on her. I have been removing the plastic covering, cleaning windows and sweeping tonight. Full wash and detail tomorrow.

Rob, I was going to call you on the way home, but, decided to wait and post it with pics.

Yes, he stuck to his word. I got it for MSRP. I suppose you could say I paid an ADM in that I bought an extended warranty. I never buy those. Since he sold it at sticker, I felt obligated to throw a few extra dollars at him. I also bought the Shelby cover and FRPP ST shifter from him. I will be going back for more Ford purchases in the future.

Mike Raisor Ford Rocks

I have been holding out to post until the deal was done. These guys are genuine. They gave me their word and stuck to it. No hassles, no attitude. I will be recommending them to anyone I can in the future.

Ralph was pretty close. Be sure to tell him Thanks for all he has done for me and for everyone else on the site.

Time to go back out and work on her. I have been removing the plastic covering, cleaning windows and sweeping tonight. Full wash and detail tomorrow.

Have fun tonight. I stayed up till 3 in the morning when I got mine. Cleaned it all night and installed a couple easy mods. Enjoy tomorrow, I know I will. I am going on a 250 mile ride with 3 other GT500's. My wife and 3 other couples. It is our annv. and we will celebrate with our GT500 friends in the senic byways of Oregon. Photos tomorrow night or Sunday.

Have fun tonight. I stayed up till 3 in the morning when I got mine. Cleaned it all night and installed a couple easy mods. Enjoy tomorrow, I know I will. I am going on a 250 mile ride with 3 other GT500's. My wife and 3 other couples. It is our annv. and we will celebrate with our GT500 friends in the senic byways of Oregon. Photos tomorrow night or Sunday.

Have fun tomorrow. One of my someday goals is to take it to the Rockies and drive as many of those scenic byways as I can. I drove a rented V6 Mustang vert on the Grand Teton Scenic Byway a few years ago. Great roads, great scenery. Hope you and your wife enjoy some time together in the GT500.

I plan to install the Corsas and detail tomorrow. I am also going to smoke a Prime Rib. Don't know if you have ever tried prime rib smoked, but it is delicious. I'll smoke it with apple wood to about medium rare. Yummy!

Have fun tomorrow. One of my someday goals is to take it to the Rockies and drive as many of those scenic byways as I can. I drove a rented V6 Mustang vert on the Grand Teton Scenic Byway a few years ago. Great roads, great scenery. Hope you and your wife enjoy some time together in the GT500.

I plan to install the Corsas and detail tomorrow. I am also going to smoke a Prime Rib. Don't know if you have ever tried prime rib smoked, but it is delicious. I'll smoke it with apple wood to about medium rare. Yummy!

Congrats! I know you worked hard & stuck to your guns on the MSRP deal. Glad it came through for you.

Now about that trip to the mountains; may I suggest at least one "Must Drive" road. Colorado state highway 92 west bound from the Black Canyon of the Gunnison. It is 80 miles of switch backs and corners and beautiful scenery. Even with my suspension mods, I was only able to manage about 41 mph mostly in 2nd & 3rd gear! I wasn't pushing the edge, just spirited but comfortable driving pace. And the canyon is a must see too. Every bit as beautiful as the Grand Canyon!

Congrats! I know you worked hard & stuck to your guns on the MSRP deal. Glad it came through for you.

Now about that trip to the mountains; may I suggest at least one "Must Drive" road. Colorado state highway 92 west bound from the Black Canyon of the Gunnison. It is 80 miles of switch backs and corners and beautiful scenery. Even with my suspension mods, I was only able to manage about 41 mph mostly in 2nd & 3rd gear! I wasn't pushing the edge, just spirited but comfortable driving pace. And the canyon is a must see too. Every bit as beautiful as the Grand Canyon!

I'll add that one to my list. Thanks for the tip.

The grand teton scenic byway is more of the open road with the occasional mountain pass. Good combo of straights and curves with the Grand Tetons as a scenic background.

AWESOME, MAN!!!!!!!

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! :happy feet: :banvictory: :party2: :woohoo: :happy feet: :happy feet: :banvictory::banvictory: :beerchug:

I know you waited a long time. You were patient and it payed off. Best of luck with it and I hope you enjoy it as much as you had hoped! I am thrilled for you!!!!! I am happy to hear a nice dealer story, too.

It couldn't happen to a better man. :)

Post more pix when you can, and give us your driving impressions! Remember to be careful, that car is a beast!!! :drool:

PS: I will have good news-- I am really, really sure-- by next week :yup: :yup::yup: First Joker, now you. Good things come in 3's. Stay tuned. ;)

Heck we might have a trifecta here soon. :happy feet:

Congrates again. 5.4 Shelby!!

Gotta post some more info for me. I need to read your new stories to keep me sane in this ever increasing waiting time.

GL in the next week Crispy! I hope you get some good news. :rockon:

Great news 5.4!!! Now just don't bore out the engine or you'll have to change your screen name. :hysterical::hysterical2:

I hadn't thought of that. Guess I'll have to stay with the stock displacement.

Chris, You have been waiting as long as I have. I remember you being around for the unveiling of the 2005 Mustang GT. I have repeatedly mentioned you and your desire for a car to the staff at Raisor Ford. Unfortunately, they have a long list of people willing to buy the car at MSRP (who'da thunk it). I sincerely hope that you get your deal sealed soon.

Joker, I'll try to give you some impressions to chew on. So far, I love it. I have not had a chance to really open her up yet. My son has been with me everytime I get near it (which has been all day).

I will say I think the Corsa exhaust is the way the car was meant to sound. It brings it up just a notch or 2. Everyone notices the car when you rev it, but, the neighbors aren't calling the cops either. I ended up staying up until 4am cleaning the inside of the car and installing the Corsas. I'm beat today.

Heck we might have a trifecta here soon. :happy feet:

Congrates again. 5.4 Shelby!!

Gotta post some more info for me. I need to read your new stories to keep me sane in this ever increasing waiting time.

GL in the next week Crispy! I hope you get some good news. :rockon:

You'll know it! Thanks! :)

~Chris

I hadn't thought of that. Guess I'll have to stay with the stock displacement.

Chris, You have been waiting as long as I have. I remember you being around for the unveiling of the 2005 Mustang GT. I have repeatedly mentioned you and your desire for a car to the staff at Raisor Ford. Unfortunately, they have a long list of people willing to buy the car at MSRP (who'da thunk it). I sincerely hope that you get your deal sealed soon.

Joker, I'll try to give you some impressions to chew on. So far, I love it. I have not had a chance to really open her up yet. My son has been with me everytime I get near it (which has been all day).

I will say I think the Corsa exhaust is the way the car was meant to sound. It brings it up just a notch or 2. Everyone notices the car when you rev it, but, the neighbors aren't calling the cops either. I ended up staying up until 4am cleaning the inside of the car and installing the Corsas. I'm beat today.

Thanks for trying my friend. Looks like it's working out. I will keep you posted. 4am? I'm surprised you slept at all!!! :hysterical:

Thanks for trying my friend. Looks like it's working out. I will keep you posted. 4am? I'm surprised you slept at all!!! :hysterical:

I was back up at 8am washing and claying it. I could not believe the amount of crap it had in the paint after just 10 days. 7 of those were in the holding lot at AAI and the other 3 were somewhere in the transport system. There were hundreds of little rusty spots from rail dust (I assume). I had to go back over it after the initial claying and spot clay it. The paint is nearly perfect. I found 2 spots right next to each other where there must have been 2 really tiny bubbles that popped. They look like 2 pinholes in the paint. Prob not noticeable if I were not such an obsessive/compulsive detailer. There is also a small crack in the paint in the corner of the rear spoiler. Again mostly undetectable, but, Sherlock Holmes (me) found it while claying the paint. (You do realize that Sherlock is a close cousin of John Holmes don't you? :hysterical2: )

Driving Impressions:

I realize this is a requirement within 24 hrs after purchase. It took 24 hrs to get out in the car alone. My 7 year old son has been stuck to my side since we picked it up. I finally snuck away last night. I can sum it up in 2 words: Holy and Shit! I had a hard time saying Holy Shit as it is very difficult to enunciate when the corners of your mouth are stuck in an extremely upright position (perma-grin). I still managed to get it out a few hundred times.

I seriously had no idea just how awesome of a total package this car is. I ran through some curvy back roads. It does not really matter what gear you have this car in. Stomp the pedal and it will pull you right out of the curve. It is an extremely well balanced car as far as power, handling and fun go.

Then I went driving through town. IT was like some rock star was in town. People were honking, yelling, revving and driving fast all around me. I even had a guy pass me going the other way, then turn around and come flying back to get a look at it. As it turns out, I knew him. He has a 2007 Z06. He wanted a Shelby, but, could not find one for the price. He got P.O.d and bought the Z. From his actions and expressions last night, I think he regrets not waiting.

Well, it is 7:45am locally. Time to go give her a quick Speed Shine (great product) wipe down and start my day again. It is supposed to be rainy today, so, I don't know how much driving I will be able to do.

edit: I forgot the mention the HIDs. It was not quite dark when I was hitting the curves. Hard to tell just how good they are. Driving with low beams on did not seem to make that big of a difference than what I am used to. The brief moment that I had the high beams on looked like I turned on the Sun.

Wow. Thanks. I was laughing as I read it to my wife, and she started laughing, too! Glad you got it. Glad you're thrilled. Stay out of trouble!!! :hysterical2:

John Holmes :hysterical:

Dontcha know? John is my middle name! It MUST mean something!!! :hysterical2::hysterical:

That's funny, my wife laughs when I mention John Holmes and myself in the same sentence. :hysterical:

• 3 weeks later...

Mike Raisor Ford Rocks

I am in upper management at a Ford dealership and still paid a few thousand over MSRP and dont regret it !

Thrilled to have the car and the fact a dealer sold u one at MSRP is phenonminal! Congratulations to you 5.4 shelby ... you will love the car and love the adoration you get when driving it from others. :happy feet:

Archived