TEAM SHELBY FORUM

CARSTAR SuperStang A 1967 re-creation of the legendary “Super Snake”

Yes, that is correct. A re-creation 1967 Wimbleton White Shelby GT500 with Blue Stipes.

While I was at Michigan International Speedway today for NASCAR qualifying 3M had a big car show area that was by invite only for all the fans to see, and within the first few minutes of walking around a Wimbleton White Mustang caught my eye as it was being moved thru the crowd & after it turned I seen the classic 3"-2"-10"-2"-3" Vista Blue Striping rundown the back of the car. I darted thru the crowd as if someone was stealing my car & what did I see after I got to a clear opening?

1967 Wimbleton White Shelby GT500 with 3 Blue Stipes. I started snapping photos (25 in all) and then started talking to person who owned it. He tells me that he knows the original owner out west & they got to document all markings of the car from the original Super Snake owner who paid 5 million dollars for it ( his words, NOT mine) & this car is a carbon copy ( his words, NOT mine) of that car down to the markings. He then told me that this car will be traveling around the country on display & come January of 2008 it's going up for auction to raise money for the "Make a Wish" foundation & when that car is sold another one will be built to replace this one. This guy (Dick Cross) seemed very legit & knows Amy & Carroll and has been in talks with them to reproduce this car in limited quanities (so he says). He also mentioned after we talked awhile & after opening the hood for me so I could take more photos, that he is getting one of the 1st 25 cars that Carroll has for the Super Snake upgrade kit & he knew just as much as I did on every aspect of the car including what possible blowers they would be using, and where all the other Mod shops will be.

Sorry I can't tell you more, I have to go to another function this evening while the photos are being developed so it may be tomorrow morning before I get to post pics, but I promiss to post some before I go to Detroit to see the Red & Black Super Snake that SAI is going to have on display, so stay tuned for more info, pictures & websites about this amazing car I got to see today.

PS: even he was disappointed about the FB on the new SS

PSS: This car will be there again Saturday & Sunday at MIS & is located in the Fan fest area, so the cost to see it is nothing. No ticket required

Here is some photos until I figure out the photobucket tonight.

ps: I noticed when comparing this Super Stang to the original Super Snake that this one has dual 650 carbs & the original shows it with a single. Crispy we need a history lession here so I can go back & talk with this guy on Sunday.

post-768-1187449468_thumb.jpg

post-768-1187449468_thumb.jpg

gorgous picture cold

how much is this car worth again .... I dont have alot of knowledge on these older cars. I know some of the older Shelbys are worth 100,000 of thousands ... What is a car like this worth ?

gorgous picture cold

how much is this car worth again .... I dont have alot of knowledge on these older cars. I know some of the older Shelbys are worth 100,000 of thousands ... What is a car like this worth ?

I think he said the last & only original one sold for 5 MILLION at auction (not sure about this). If this car gets a bid of 1MILLION dollars I think it's worth it for the "Make a wish foundation". All I know was..... I was drawn to it like a magnet :hysterical:

I actually saw this car down at a car show I was in, that was sponsored by the kc vintage mustang club. It was pretty hot, and I was in a bad mood (vented about this show on another thread) and didn't spend enough time around the car to appreciate what it was :censored:

the carstar HQ is just a few miles from the show, so I am sure that it was the car, even though the car show wasn't listed on the web site schedule.

Rod, thanks for posting.

CARSTAR chose to re-create an icon, the 1967 Shelby Super Snake Mustang and dub it the CARSTAR SuperStang. The particular Mustang model and year was chosen due to its powerful engine and legendary status.

The vehicle is a meticulous recreation of the legendary “Super Snake” with details that include an accurate reproduction of the drive train, over-sprays and paint drips that existed on the original automobile. The newly restored SuperStang will also draw from the original designs in areas such as Carroll Shelby-modified Mustang chassis, suspensions and bodies with big-block motors delivering more than 400 horsepower.

CARSTAR re-created the vehicle with the help of Jeff Yergovich, owner of R&A Motorsports, the country’s leading restorer of Shelby Mustangs from the 1960s and 70s.

“Those that have built project cars know that these types of restorations represent months of hard work, planning and even a little luck,” he said. For the SuperStang Muscle Tour, the car will represent CARSTAR’s goal of helping grant the wishes of many children throughout the country.

CARSTAR re-created the vehicle with the help of Jeff Yergovich, owner of R&A Motorsports, the country’s leading restorer of Shelby Mustangs from the 1960s and 70s.

...they have a new shop down in the southeast corner of the kc metro, and are definitely into the high end mustang restorations. They are also putting together a new twister version of the mustang gt, and are a dealer for the glass roofs you are starting to see on some mustangs.

here's a link that shows their version of the twister, and the glass roof

R & A Motorsports

Hey Rod, my older boy just said he was gonna forget about going to law school. Leaves about 50-60 k extra in my budget. Enough for SS for me, and a whole bunch of new furniture for my wife. :hysterical2:

think there's any chance of getting on the ss list at this point???

John

Hey Rod, my older boy just said he was gonna forget about going to law school. Leaves about 50-60 k extra in my budget. Enough for SS for me, and a whole bunch of new furniture for my wife. :hysterical2:

think there's any chance of getting on the ss list at this point???

John

Wow. That is good news! :hysterical: One more SS!

Coldy, that thing looks frikkin' accurate- as far as the fiberglass, etc. I'll bet they did the inboards because everyone loves the look of the inboards. And why not? Poetic license. Not accurate, but whatthehell.

Crud, that makes me miss my '67. :banghead:

I love the looks of those cars. Such great proportions. The gas cap looks like jewelry. That's the detail that is missing in many modern cars- even cars from the 60's. Makes it that much more special.

Maybe they should raffle it!!!!! :happy feet: I like that idea better because I can afford a ticket! :hysterical:

Hi Guys, this is what is called a continuation car. A car built today to look like a vintage car, built to the shelby specs. If it is under license, like what unique does, then we tag it in the engine and dash as under license. This is a charity car and they have asked us to bless it. We have told them that numerour things must be changed and it must go for charity, if so, it could get the shelby blessing.

As a reminder, this is not a vintage Shelby

Amy

Hi Guys, this is what is called a continuation car. A car built today to look like a vintage car, built to the shelby specs. If it is under license, like what unique does, then we tag it in the engine and dash as under license. This is a charity car and they have asked us to bless it. We have told them that numerour things must be changed and it must go for charity, if so, it could get the shelby blessing.

As a reminder, this is not a vintage Shelby

Amy

Thank you for Clarifying the info on this car

• 4 weeks later...

The Super'Stang

For tons more photos of the Super'Stang and information on the tour you can visit www.carstarsuperstang.com.

The Super'Stang will be at the Kansas Speedway from Sept. 29-30 for the Yellow Transportation 300 race weekend. The car will be auctioned off at the end of the tour in Jan. 2009 with benefits going to the Make-A-Wish Foundation.

Check out some of the pics that I have attached of the car.

Thanks for the enthusiasm on our tour.

post-10203-1190040197_thumb.jpg

post-10203-1190040220_thumb.jpg

post-10203-1190040197_thumb.jpg

post-10203-1190040220_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Archived