TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Mr. Shelby's Autograph at Tasca?

Pointcover

I posted this over on the Q&A forum to Amy B. I was wondering if any might know the answer. Thanks

Dear Amy,

Will Mr. Shelby be signing autographs at the Tasca show next week? I was hoping to have my sun visor signed by him while he's on the East Coast. Unfortunately I cannot attend the show due to a wedding that same day here in Maryland. However, my father is willing to to take the ferry over from Long Island to get it signed. Could you please advise when you get a chance? Thank you for your time.

Vic

I posted this over on the Q&A forum to Amy B. I was wondering if any might know the answer. Thanks

Dear Amy,

Will Mr. Shelby be signing autographs at the Tasca show next week? I was hoping to have my sun visor signed by him while he's on the East Coast. Unfortunately I cannot attend the show due to a wedding that same day here in Maryland. However, my father is willing to to take the ferry over from Long Island to get it signed. Could you please advise when you get a chance? Thank you for your time.

Vic

Mr. Shelby was in Phoenix at the Men's Luxury Toy Expo last month. An announcement was made that he was NOT going to sign car parts. I did see folks there with car parts, however I don't know whether he turned down any autographs. I had him sign my owner's manual binder and a Shelby Mustang book - very cool. It was very timely too since I just took delivery of my GT500 just days prior to the expo.

BTW is there a trick to remove the visor. I tried removing the 2 screws on the hindge assembly and it did not losen up. I did not want to force it so I left it alone. I'd like to get my visor signed as well.

I have a flyer that was sent to me by Tasca and on it it does state that there will be an autograph session with bob Tasca III, Carroll Shelby, Bos Tasca Sr, John Force and Robert Hight. Im not sure , however, if Carroll will sign car parts. Last year my brother was able to get his 98 Cobra motor signed by John Force, so you never know....we will definetly try..Badboy ordered yet another mod(Didnt think there was anymore out there :hysterical: ) for our "Bad" car in hopes of getting some signatures on it..Nope, cant tell ya the Mod yet) (Sorry ScGT500 gonna have to wait I dont have the authority :hysterical2::hysterical2:

How hard is it to get the airbag cover off to mail it in for his autograph. I took the glove box off and looked around for a while, but was too scared to start taking it off. I already ordered the dash plaque, but an actual car part signature would be cool.

How hard is it to get the airbag cover off to mail it in for his autograph. I took the glove box off and looked around for a while, but was too scared to start taking it off. I already ordered the dash plaque, but an actual car part signature would be cool.

Can't help you with that one. From what I understand, the sun visor is a pain in the neck to get off.

You have to take the whole air bag out and send it. The cover and bag are one unit. Or you can purchase a second air bag from Ford and send that.

If you do a thread search for Tasca Ford, it was said that Mr.Shelby will be doing autographs, $200 per car part and $100 for non car parts. Getting them all to autograph even the SAI crew, priceless.

I went to my local ford dealer and bought a visor. sent it to the carroll shelby foundation. It was signed and returned in about

two weeks. cost 200 dollars. you need to remove and install the visor with a star tool and not an allen tool as I tried first.

I'm one happy camper. foundation addess can be found at carroll shelby links. kyle :happy feet:

WTF so now even if you just want a good ol fashion autograph, waiting in line for probably hours will not be good enough? You have to pay for it! Give me a dam break, I already paid $300 for the plaque.

Ill probably pass, I would pay $100 for him to sign my dash and get a picture of it but $200 is a bit much, I could get some lowering springs for that price.

... where did you have him sign the visor? the downward facing side has all the airbag mumbo jumbo on it, and the upward facing side has mirrors on it. Did he sign the little mirror cover on the visor?

I went to my local ford dealer and bought a visor. sent it to the carroll shelby foundation. It was signed and returned in about

two weeks. cost 200 dollars. you need to remove and install the visor with a star tool and not an allen tool as I tried first.

I'm one happy camper. foundation addess can be found at carroll shelby links. kyle :happy feet:

How much did the visor cost at the dealer (approx) and did they have it in stock?

I used a torx bit and removed the two screws that attached the hindge assembly to the top but the visor did not budge. Did you have to give it sharp tug?

Looks like the cost for the car part autographs went up to $250 according to Shelby's site.

BTW, Mr. Shelby did not charge for autographs when he was here in AZ for the expo.

How much did the visor cost at the dealer (approx) and did they have it in stock?

I used a torx bit and removed the two screws that attached the hindge assembly to the top but the visor did not budge. Did you have to give it sharp tug?

Looks like the cost for the car part autographs went up to $250 according to Shelby's site.

BTW, Mr. Shelby did not charge for autographs when he was here in AZ for the expo.

the visor was 75.00 bucks. It took a tug, but maybe not a sharp tug. kind'a

like breaking a seal. he signed the mirror side. when folded down you can read

his name. It took about 2 days for the dealer to get the visor. on one web page I read

they said the piece between the ac vents on the dash, airbag piece and visor were the most

popular pieces they were recieving lately. yes i wanted something that would show, but I did'nt want to break something, also if the visor got lost it would'nt be the end of the world and i could get help

installing it if needed.

break something

the visor was 75.00 bucks. It took a tug, but maybe not a sharp tug. kind'a

like breaking a seal. he signed the mirror side. when folded down you can read

his name. It took about 2 days for the dealer to get the visor. on one web page I read

they said the piece between the ac vents on the dash, airbag piece and visor were the most

popular pieces they were recieving lately. yes i wanted something that would show, but I did'nt want to break something, also if the visor got lost it would'nt be the end of the world and i could get help

installing it if needed.

break something

kylet - I did the same thing. I had him sign the mirror cover on the visor. It only took about 2 weeks to get it back.

I haven't installed it yet, but would be curious if anyone else has had any exprience removing the factory visor?

HSURB

kylet - I did the same thing. I had him sign the mirror cover on the visor. It only took about 2 weeks to get it back.

I haven't installed it yet, but would be curious if anyone else has had any exprience removing the factory visor?

HSURB

+1

Any help on this would be appreciated.

Archived