TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Researching Supersnake Purchase for Customer

My customer is buying a white with red stripe package and he intends to get the SuperSnake upgrade package.

He is set on getting the same red stripes, no matter what the cost.

BUT, he still wants the red stripes to match the black ones in size/dimensions.

Does any one have those dimensions?

Thanks

Tim

He will have to have the black stripes removed and replace those with the red ones. So he can get exact measurements once he gets his car back.

I have asked about the stripes on the Super Snake and they will only do them in black as that is the image they want for the cars. They will not do a stripe delete either. If he wants red, he can measure the ones on his car once Shelby sends it back. Then , mask off the stripes, remove the stripes and paint the new stripes.

Obviously it's your freind's decision, but here is some food for thought if he changes the stripe colours.

He takes his SS to a show and overhears these kind of comments: "This one is a clone. Real SuperSnakes have black stripes".

When he wants to sell it, the prospective buyer would most likely want it to look original.

Personally, I'd leave the stripes alone.

I seen the SS today at the dream cruise & I could not believe how many folks walked up to it & didn't know what it was. some just thought it was another kit manufacture until I told them what it was, and then they asked even more questions like what stripe colors come on other base colors....... and you know what I told them?

Flat black for all SS upgrades

and you though I would say something else :hysterical:

Amy would have been proud of me, because I think I convinved at least 3 more folks to get it while I was there or at least call them for more info. I'll post my 25+ pic's late Sunday or Monday after I get back from the Nascar race

I seen the SS today at the dream cruise & I could not believe how many folks walked up to it & didn't know what it was. some just thought it was another kit manufacture until I told them what it was, and then they asked even more questions like what stripe colors come on other base colors....... and you know what I told them?

Flat black for all SS upgrades

and you though I would say something else :hysterical:

Amy would have been proud of me, because I think I convinved at least 3 more folks to get it while I was there or at least call them for more info. I'll post my 25+ pic's late Sunday or Monday after I get back from the Nascar race

Sweet. Let us know what you thought of it after seeing it in person.

Can't wait to see your pics.

Also, I'll look for you when I'm watching the race on TV :hysterical2:

The Race is currently under a rain delay so I might just go drop off the film & post pic's later this afternoon. From the looks of it, it maybe cancelled due to heavy rain, so far I have 3" of rain since last night & they are predicting another 1-2" today, then another 1-2" tonight & another 1-2" on Monday :titanic: . If that holds true, MIS will fill up with water & we'll see a boat race for 200 laps

Archived