TEAM SHELBY FORUM

1966 Shelby Cobra Replica

Efraim

I recently acquired a 1966 Shelby Cobra Replica. I am eager to learn facts regarding my new purchase, including build ( sheets ) facts and documentation, mechanical issues and fixes, etc. Unfortunately I did receive any documentation form the seller aside from a very nice chronological photo album. Since this is a replica can I register my vehicle with Shelby America or is there another site I should attend. Any advice we be well received. Thank you..  

On 3/27/2022 at 1:22 PM, Efraim said:

I recently acquired a 1966 Shelby Cobra Replica. I am eager to learn facts regarding my new purchase, including build ( sheets ) facts and documentation, mechanical issues and fixes, etc. Unfortunately I did receive any documentation form the seller aside from a very nice chronological photo album. Since this is a replica can I register my vehicle with Shelby America or is there another site I should attend. Any advice we be well received. Thank you..  

Do you know who the manufacture is?

Do you have a Shelby-built car?  If so the VIN number will start with CSX.  If you're lucky enough to have an original it will be CSX2xxx or CSX3xxx. Shelby "continuation" cars will be CSX4xxx, CSX6xxx, CSX7xxxx, CSX8xxx, CSX9xxx (coupes) and CSX1xxx (alloy built in England).     If so you can add your ownership to the Shelby registry.   SAAC will be interested if you have an original.

If yours is not a Shelby then the best place to find out about your car will be the Cobra forum at www.clubcobra.com

I will add that this forum is mostly about the modern Shelby Mustangs.  Even in its previous incarnations there wasn't much Cobra related traffic.

Enjoy the car, they're a hoot!!!  (I had CSX4005LA)

Edited by twobjshelbys