TEAM SHELBY FORUM

THIS CANT BE TRUE

SMOKINACES

I reread a past article in muscle machines mag I have. Its Jan 07 issue. In the twice bitten article about the 1968 and 2007 GT500's, they state all of the 2007 GT500's were built at the Romeo plant in a three week period. The plant shut down regular product just to pump these out. It also states ford did not release this info not to start caos. I dont believe this but this is Hemmings publication, I haven't known them to make crap up. I sure do want one really bad. So just check your build dates.

I reread a past article in muscle machines mag I have. Its Jan 07 issue. In the twice bitten article about the 1968 and 2007 GT500's, they state all of the 2007 GT500's were built at the Romeo plant in a three week period. The plant shut down regular product just to pump these out. It also states ford did not release this info not to start caos. I dont believe this but this is Hemmings publication, I haven't known them to make crap up. I sure do want one really bad. So just check your build dates.

I have the same magazine. I almost shot milk out my nose when I read it.

It sounded to me like they had interviewed the owner of the 2007, and that's where they got their info. The owner obviously was wrong about that. I personally witnessed 2007 GT500s running down the line at AAI in June 2007. They were not all built in 3 weeks.

From a logical stand point: Would Ford build thousands of high dollar Mustangs, only to sit on them for months? They want to sell cars, quickly, not sit on them.

Hemmings, or not, they had bad information.

Romeo is the engine plant ... they might have built all the motors to be used the cars themselves were staggard with the regular pony car throughout the year.

I dont buy the article even it it was refering to the motors

exactly ..... more miss info .. so it cant be the motors anyway and its certainly not the cars

I have the same magazine. I almost shot milk out my nose when I read it.

It sounded to me like they had interviewed the owner of the 2007, and that's where they got their info. The owner obviously was wrong about that. I personally witnessed 2007 GT500s running down the line at AAI in June 2007. They were not all built in 3 weeks.

From a logical stand point: Would Ford build thousands of high dollar Mustangs, only to sit on them for months? They want to sell cars, quickly, not sit on them.

Hemmings, or not, they had bad information.

Orf I think he meant the ENGINES, not the cars. Still, there's no way that could be true. The assembly process is completely different, and Ford would need to have about 14 assembly lines rather than one (52 weeks/3 weeks) to get them all done in tha time. Sometimes a loose cannon appears elsewhere than in a cheaply fought war.

Dave

Orf I think he meant the ENGINES, not the cars. Still, there's no way that could be true. The assembly process is completely different, and Ford would need to have about 14 assembly lines rather than one (52 weeks/3 weeks) to get them all done in tha time. Sometimes a loose cannon appears elsewhere than in a cheaply fought war.

Dave

Well, I was also fortunate enough to be on the engine plant tour in June on the day that the last '07 engine was being followed by the first '08 engine.

In either case, it was a matter of poor fact checking.

Archived